PDA

View Full Version : Xbox games for pennies from 10/6/02-10/12/02!!

Ninja Scroll
10-05-2002, 09:49 AM
As I do every weekend, I get da Sunday paper (which atleast in the VA/MD/DC area comes out on Saturdays "Washington Post") and this week only Circuit City is running a super savings on Wreckless, Project Gotham Racing, & Blood Omen 2 for $19.99!! each

They also have Halo & Robotach: Battlecry for $37.99!! each

Only Roboteach is a somewhat new title, but for those who dont own some of these games (which you would be a fool not to have Halo already!) this is a cheap opportunity to try something for a small risk.

Im gonna get PRG even those im not a fan of racing games since it's as cheap as dirt.

Also you can use the sales paper from them and take it to Best Buy or Target to get it if you dont have a Circuit City near you and they will match da price.:cool:

Just a heads up on a kick ass sale!:)

NAW MEAN!?

Xbox Owner
10-05-2002, 10:04 AM
In my newspaper, I don't have it.:(

Slim Shady
10-05-2002, 10:22 AM
You said pennies......
20$ is not pennies. :confused:

Ninja Scroll
10-05-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Slim Shady
You said pennies......

If $19.99 for a videogame is not pennis than I dont know what is!?:eek:

And these are Xbox games, not PSOne's or something!
You you dont think these prices are a steal then I dont know what.:rolleyes:

LTM360
10-05-2002, 10:37 AM
Well, seeing as how this post was entitled "Pennies" I didn't expect actual pennies, but low prices. PS2 has had this $19.99 for a long time, and the games that Xbox are dealing out at $19.99 arn't very good. I could just get Gran Turismo 3, than PGR, or Red Faction then Wreckless, and more choice than 3. I'm not a PS2 or Xbox fanboy, but if anything shouldn't Halo be $19.99?

Koopa
10-05-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Slim Shady
You said pennies......

yes it is! its just a lot of pennies! :D

yeah, i played with my friend's robotech game (he rented it) and its reallly fun:D i wouldn't bay 50 bucks for it, but maaaaybe 37.99;)

i like to think of robotech as an anime-ified preview of MECHASSAULT!:cool: :eek:

Ninja Scroll
10-05-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by LTM360
Well, seeing as how this post was entitled "Pennies" I didn't expect actual pennies, but low prices. PS2 has had this $19.99 for a long time, and the games that Xbox are dealing out at $19.99 arn't very good. I could just get Gran Turismo 3, than PGR, or Red Faction then Wreckless, and more choice than 3. I'm not a PS2 or Xbox fanboy, but if anything shouldn't Halo be $19.99?

Well LTM360, not all of of XBA pimps have PS2's.:rolleyes: You ever thought about dat?
But sure, GT3 is a better buy than PRG, and so on, but did you ever think dat your at an Xbox site?:rolleyes:

Yeah, kinda shocking aint it.:cool:

And da best thing about Xbox classics are we dont have to worry about those ugly red colors all over the game box to ruin our game collections color pattern.

One more thing, why should Halo be $19.99? It's still in da Top 10 overall sales on da charts and it's been almost a year now!
Why make a title cheap dat is still selling very well?

Look at your PoS2, GTA3 has been out almost a year too, and it's still $49.99!

Yeah, I rest my case.:)

SPARTAN VI
10-05-2002, 11:31 AM
Great deal! Robotech was fun, until I got a headache and went home, Koopa stayed for a while longer, he loved the game. I wouldn't plan on buying it though, there aren't very many single player games that last a long time. Even though RoboTech does have 2 player Deathmatch, it'll get old.

Knight
10-05-2002, 05:59 PM
I have Halo, Robotach, Blood Omen 2 & Project Gotham Racing, But I'm thinking of getting RalliSport Challenge(CC has it too for $19.99)!!

Knight
10-05-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Koopa

yes it is! its just a lot of pennies! :D

yeah, i played with my friend's robotech game (he rented it) and its reallly fun:D i wouldn't bay 50 bucks for it, but maaaaybe 37.99;)

i like to think of robotech as an anime-ified preview of MECHASSAULT!:cool: :eek:

The first week Robotech came out CC had it for $36.99!!

Zion
10-05-2002, 06:17 PM
I guess I'm too spoiled by the $10 and $15 at WalMart to get excited over that! I've added like 15 games to my collection that I would not have gotten otherwise. Gotta love WalMart!

Knight
10-05-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Zion
I guess I'm too spoiled by the $10 and $15 at WalMart to get excited over that! I've added like 15 games to my collection that I would not have gotten otherwise. Gotta love WalMart!

Is walmart having any sales for XBox games right now??

Zion
10-05-2002, 07:25 PM
The Wal Mart near me has a ton of them on sale...most older titles are less than $20..including Tony Hawk 3. I bought Fifa World Cup and Pirates for $10 last week. Oddworld was also $10...Test Drive Off Road was $15...lots more for $20. Your Wal Mart may vary, but mine has limited space so they just mark down the old titles to make room for the new.

Knight
10-05-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Zion
The Wal Mart near me has a ton of them on sale...most older titles are less than $20..including Tony Hawk 3. I bought Fifa World Cup and Pirates for $10 last week. Oddworld was also $10...Test Drive Off Road was $15...lots more for $20. Your Wal Mart may vary, but mine has limited space so they just mark down the old titles to make room for the new.

My Walmart is the normal size!!
But my Kmart is a Super-K one!!

Ninja Scroll
10-05-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Knight
I have Halo, Robotach, Blood Omen 2 & Project Gotham Racing, But I'm thinking of getting RalliSport Challenge(CC has it too for $19.99)!!

Are you sure about dat Knight? If it was it would have been in da sales paper. I dunno, I heard PGR was better than Rallisport Challenge even though they are two totally different racing games.

dougi3000
10-06-2002, 03:07 PM
PGR is more fun.
Rallisport is more sim...

Kortiz
10-06-2002, 07:52 PM
i have MSR for DC, so i didnt get PGR.......but RSC is funner imho, which i did get

Ninja Scroll
10-06-2002, 08:00 PM
you fellas seem to like Rallisport alot, but it's not on sale as far as I know.
Im still gonna pick up PGR for $19.99, but I will wait until Tuesday so I can get it along with NBA2K3! Oh yeah, been wait for that one for awhile!
cant wait to play it on XBOX LIVE!

btw, Blood Omen is $19.99 too, I dont hear anyone talking about this game. Does it really suck (no pun intended) like I have heard?

Knight
10-07-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Are you sure about dat Knight? If it was it would have been in da sales paper. I dunno, I heard PGR was better than Rallisport Challenge even though they are two totally different racing games.

It(Rallisport) was listed in my CC ad for $19.99!!

Ninja Scroll
10-07-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Knight

It(Rallisport) was listed in my CC add for $19.99!!

My bad, I did'nt notice it until earlier today when I was at work and saw it on da other page where da PoS2 games were listed.

Well it looks like I will be picking up PGR & Rallisport Tuesday after work.;) And im not even a racing fan of da gerne.

When games are this cheap you dont mind giving some games you may overlook a chance.

btw, I got 2 $5.00 off coupons for Best Buy from EGM past magazines, so I will take da CC ad paper and get both games at Best buy for $30.00!!! Pretty sweet huh?

Hope NBA2K3 will be their too!

Ninja Scroll
10-07-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Hybrid Chicken

$20 = 2000 pennies

:o

So dat means, technically im telling da truth in da thread topic!;)
NAW MEAN!?

Frostberg
10-07-2002, 10:07 PM
Nice Ninja.

So far Robotech has been $37.99 ever since it came out, because I bought it the first day it came out for that price too...

JeremyX
10-08-2002, 12:07 AM
and I sorda wish that I didn't. This game better get better. I'm only on the second level but man is this a sleeper so far. I know that it will get better. (at least I'm praying that it does.) :mad:

Ninja Scroll
10-08-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by JeremyX
and I sorda wish that I didn't. This game better get better. I'm only on the second level but man is this a sleeper so far. I know that it will get better. (at least I'm praying that it does.) :mad:

Are you a Mech fan JeremyX? If so why not just take it back and get Capcom's Xbox eXclusive Steel Battallion? Dats da game dat comes with that huge ass 40 button controller!:eek:

:)

RudedogX
10-08-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

btw, Blood Omen is $19.99 too, I dont hear anyone talking about this game. Does it really suck (no pun intended) like I have heard?

Ninja, Blood Omen is definetly good if you like platformers. I won mine from XBA, but for 20, I'd definetly pick it up! It's a fun platformer with some decent puzzles. The actual fighting can take a little while to get everything going and the bosses aren't necessarily really easy. So in the end, this game is definetly worth a measily 19.99!