PDA

View Full Version : Disapointed with NFS: Hot Putsuit 2

P-Rock
10-05-2002, 09:51 AM
I read a lot of things about the game before it was released. All signs pointed to it being a great game, even better than PGR, Rallisport, and Sega GT. Well they were wrong, big time.

I loved the NFS series for the Playsation. Their style of gameplay, and the way you could move the cars made it my favorite racing game. Sure, it wasn't too realistic. But it was on the border line of realistic and un-realistic, which made it a great game. Well, it looks like Hot Pursuit 2 has totally mutated into a new type of game. The cars are very hard to move, almost like they way twice more than they should. You also can't getaway from the cops anymore. They stick right on your side, and the only way to shake them is to slow down, and spin them out by hitting the side of their bumper.

I thought that the graphics would've been superb, even better than PGR. They aren't, and its obvous that this game was trying to become the 2nd PGR. They basically copied them in every instance of gameplay! And couldn't even get the graphics right.

I'd rather play NFS: Hot Pursuit and NFS: High Stakes for the Playstation anyday than NFS: Hot Pursuit 2. I am just disapointed and let down by this game.

robnyack
10-05-2002, 11:35 AM
not being a big car racing fan, I've never paid too much attention to "car games", but Sega GT 2002, for some reason grabbed my attention. Then just as I was about to buy it, my friends started telline me the Need for Speed series on playstation was friggin awesome, so it will definately be fantastic on xbox.

I decided to wait and compare the two.

I've yet to read anything great aboout Need for Speed, and GT 2002 seems to be getting nothing buy great reviews.

Sega GT 2002 it is!!!

blindrocket
10-05-2002, 09:55 PM
The xbox version of the game was developed by someone other than the people that developed it for the PS2, so bascally they are two different versions, and for some reason, the PS2 version got the much better one. From what I've been reading, even a port of the PS2 version would have been much much better than this one xbox did get. I've heard nothing but bad things about the xbox version, while the PS2 version got a game of the month award.

P-Rock
10-06-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by blindrocket
The xbox version of the game was developed by someone other than the people that developed it for the PS2, so bascally they are two different versions, and for some reason, the PS2 version got the much better one. From what I've been reading, even a port of the PS2 version would have been much much better than this one xbox did get. I've heard nothing but bad things about the xbox version, while the PS2 version got a game of the month award.

Yes, I totally agree. Yesterday, my cousins came over my house and they brought their Gamecube. Surprisingly, they had NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 for it. So I decided to play my xbox version and their's, and compare the two.

The gamecube version was much better. The xbox version seems too-slow paced, like you know that cars are going fast but you can't see it. There's no thrill in playing like this. The gamecube version was much more fast paced, and actually fun to play. The cars were easier to move, and everything looked much better than the xbox version. I'm guessing that the PS2 version is also very good, even though I haven't tried it yet.

Why did they have to make the xbox version so crappy!? Why??

DeathKnightMaF
10-06-2002, 12:10 PM
I don't see how the Cube version could be better than the Xbox version when they were both developed by EA Canada (who obviously can't make a racing game). Both versions got torn apart in reviews, namely for their lack of a good sense of speed.

The PS2 version was developed by Black Box and is the superior iteration.

P-Rock
10-08-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by DeathKnightMaF
I don't see how the Cube version could be better than the Xbox version when they were both developed by EA Canada (who obviously can't make a racing game). Both versions got torn apart in reviews, namely for their lack of a good sense of speed.

The PS2 version was developed by Black Box and is the superior iteration.

Yeah, you got the good lack of speed thing right. It just amazes me that they were so way off, and they had all this time to make adjustments.

I guess I'll have to try the PS2 version and compare.

Shiz_96
10-09-2002, 08:12 AM
Hey, if you can't get away from the cops you need practice. Don't knock a game simply because the challenge has been raised from the old "smash a cop and they go away versions". When you get some fast cars the speed is awesome. And I'm sure if you've only done the first events due to the cops kickin ya ass then you don't have the fast cars yet. I hate when people give bad reviews because they're mad at the game. Don't take it personal it's not the games fault. Get batter.

Crash2k2
10-09-2002, 02:26 PM
roflmao...Shiz has a very good point...the cops are challenging but i haven't been busted that many times...i think it is fun out running the chopper and smashing through road blocks... oh, and when you are driving the high end cars, the speed is definitley there...on-line play is the only thing missing on this...but, hey that is what the pc version is for...

Shiz_96
10-09-2002, 04:33 PM
Hey Crash...you got the Lamborhinis yet? The newer one is crazy fast and the handling is off the hook. It controls almost as well as the slower cars. I've had enough money for the Ferrari F50 but I been buyin new tracks and savin for those last top cars. Wait til you guys get the fast cars then talk to me about speed. The tracks are so fast even when the cops have the ghinnis I still smoke em. They can't even catch me. This game is sick!!!!!

Crash2k2
10-09-2002, 10:36 PM
i got the 170,000 mclaren after i opened up a new section of cars in the game after i got a through the 2nd tree in hot pursuit...it gave me an option to purchase special NFS finishes on the cars...downside is they are all twice the price...i opened up every track going every direction, except for mediterranean so far...i have the hot pursuit mode completed and now I am working on the chapionship mode...So far i think the nuttiest car is the high end mercedes...the german circuit was a pain in my ass because those cars are hard to keep in front of...I have blown through about 2 million point so far...the getways arre 600 points a pop in advanced mode, on top of placing 1st and winning medals...Cha-ching, cha-ching...this game is like crack, only healthier...i guess you and i are the only ones enjoying this game...

Spaztic
10-11-2002, 09:00 AM
This game ownz, I love it!