PDA

View Full Version : |||GHOST RECON vs RAVEN SHIELD|||

eceon
10-05-2002, 11:50 AM
hey. i just added Ghost Recon to my long list of preorders. i am looking for a great tactical warfare shooter that is compatible with xboxlive, and Ghost Recon seems as it may fulfill this promise. although, i do not know much about this title nor have seen many screenshots. the same goes for Raven Shield, a game i just remembered coming out. man, it seems like xbox is getting several of these tactical shooter games and i am just at a loss on which one to pick up. i am aware that Conflict Desert Storm is not live enabled so i am not even considering that one. can you zealot teamxboxers pls help me sort out this madness!? what are the pros and cons of both Ghost Recon and Raven Shield? Which ones are you looking forward to? any bits of info would be much appreciated! thanx.

e

*reserved list*
xboxlive kit
shenmue 2
DOAXVB
splinter cell
unreal champ
steel battalion
ghost recon
$$$$$$$$$$

SPARTAN VI
10-05-2002, 12:13 PM
Tough choice, if you could only get one...
Since Raven Shield and Ghost Recon are both made by Red Storm Entertainment, they both will be great. I played Ghost Recon at my friend's house. It was pretty fun, the whole jungle warfare was really cool. Using your camo to your advantage adds lots of strategy to the game. You'll never know if what your looking at is a person, or JUST A BUSH. Ghost Recon was also named GAME OF THE YEAR by PCGAMER magazine, and they are THE only cool PC gaming mag out.

Raven Shield is another installation to the Rainbow Six series. All of the Rainbow Six games were awesome. The only downside I can see to Raven Shield is the limited combat area. Will we only be restricted to a certain building, a certain block of the city, or the whole city? The size of the maps really helps in making you think your actually there. When you hit an invisible restriction wall, the illusion is gone, your back in the real world again...

As of now I'd say Ghost Recon, until there is more information. But I plan on getting them both!

eceon
10-05-2002, 12:13 PM
some more questions: will the xbox version of Ghost Recon be improved in any way from the its PC predecessor? graphically? add-ons? new maps?

Has Raven Shield made an appearance on the PC or is it designed specifically for the xbox? what are the main differences between this and Ghost? is it simply that one is outdoor and the other indoor?

...im looking at some pics of Ghost Recon (Gamers.com) and they look kinda grainy and half baked. i really hope they arent as i am only concerned with true AAA titles. can someone who has played the game tell me the reality of this game graphically?

...i know im rambling, but it is more money out of my thin wallet and i am a concerned consumer.

e

:confused:

SPARTAN VI
10-05-2002, 12:16 PM
It looks like Raven Shield will be consentrated on indoor combat. Maybe like a football stadium and such. Ghost Recon, has both. But, as far as XBOX add-ons that differ from the PC version, I have no idea. I'll take a look at that later.

eceon
10-05-2002, 01:31 PM
"First, Ghost Recon(as stated by the developers) will look better than the Pc version. It will include the Desert Siege add-on. And have all the maps and most likely some downloadable ones from Live.

Raven Shield was slated for PC/Xbox in November but they pushed both back to Feb/March. To make it better.

Ghost Recon focuses on special forces gameplay. Freeing imprisoned pilots, provided support for NATO troops and so on.

Raven Shield is mostly HRT(hostage and rescue team) gameplay, Freeing hostages and taking out terrorists...etc. If you have an okay computer Pick up Rogue Spear for cheap to see what I'm talking about.

Go to http://www.ghostrecon.com for pics and info. They show Pc pics but the Xbox version will look the same and even better.

And go to http://www.raven-shield.com/ for info. BTW check out the first person gun models, Oh yes!"

these games are both killer. i will be getting both. $$$$ ****!!!

SPARTAN VI
10-06-2002, 01:50 AM
You forgot that R6 also has Bomb Diffusion, and well the diffusions of anything that can be diffused. I played all the R6 already, and they were all worth the money. But I will be scrapping up my collection of Tom Clancy games to sell so I can get XBL stuff!

eceon
10-06-2002, 02:25 AM
oh yea... ive already made up my mind and am getting both!

after doing some research on the 2, its quite obvious that these are two different games with different styles of gameplay. Raven Shield seems like it will be another AAA title and will be a must own when it comes ot next year. i have never had the pleasure to play Ghost Recon on the computer. i look forward to this one, complete with the expansion pack, polished graphics, and xbox live.

i have a feeling tom clancy is going to rule my life for the next few months with these titles along with Splinter Cell. i want to get MGS2S as well, but that might have to wait...

e

SPARTAN VI
10-06-2002, 02:31 AM
That is the best choice, good thing I'm doin it too. Ill see ya on XBL someday! Remember, I am SPARTAN VI!!