PDA

View Full Version : Played The Xbox, Info On Controller!!

TwizTID
11-12-2001, 04:20 PM
I was at my local EB, and they had an playable XBOX with the first XBOX demo disc, so I wait in line and then it's finally my turn, even though the only playable game was Oddworld: Munch's Oddessy, it was still fun, I had doubts about the game at first, but it's pretty fun and the graphics are AWSOME! Even though it reminds me of DK64 sort of.....it's still great, but I'll stick with my Halo, and PGR! Then I saw that the HDTV, Advanced and Standard AV packs were bein sold, and also the controllers were bein sold, only the official XBOX ones (More on the controller later) and the cord is glow in the dark green and it's really long, I guess they made it glow in the dark so that you don't trip on the **** 9.5 foot thing! Then I went up to the store manager and he's a real cool guy and he doesn't really keep secrets in fact I asked him if I had put down my $100 payment, if the XBOX would be guaranteed for me on the 15th, he said yes and that infact, they already had everything for the bundles and they had plenty of XBoxes to go around for everyone that pre-ordered and then some more! I was so happy, he said that FOR SURE I would be playin my XBOX on the 15th!!

About the controller.....people who say it is to big, couldn't be any more wrong, it's just perfect, it feels just right. Some people said that the black and white buttons were to hard to reach, but their greatly placed, if you can't reach them that means you're a 5 year old! But the hardest thing to reach were the Start and Back buttons. But they were still fairly easy to reach! The controller is GREAT! And for all of you Canadians here, most of your EB's have their XBOXes and just aren't selling them, I live in B.C. and htey got my whole bundle but I ain't gettin my XBOX, PGR, Halo or DVD kit till the 15th of November, don't worry they'll make the launch date!

P.S.
There were DVD kits also for sale, but I didn't get a close look at them!

Dasutin
11-12-2001, 04:54 PM
i also played the xbox, and i can tell you that the controller is too big, and the black and white buttons are hard to reach,i'm 14, the controller is big, and i hated it, i also hated the gamecube controller, the best controller on the market right now is the sony controller, its perfect... but it really doesn't matter, cuz i still want to get a xbox and gamecube, probally gamecube first(cuz of the price)

Jason1010
11-12-2001, 05:35 PM
I own a controller and its on my dresser right now... I like it alot... It's great. I still think the N64 controller owns though :p

TwizTID
11-12-2001, 11:57 PM
It feels great and everything seems really easy to reach, it's a bit similar to the Dreamcast controller, but better! It'll just take a couple of hours to get used to it!

Morgoth
11-13-2001, 12:22 AM
I own an Xbox controller (it's in front of me right now).
It is basically a combination between the N64 and Dreamcast controllers, my two favorites. The Black and White buttons aren't as hard to reach as people say, but that's not important as they are only extra buttons for talking on the radio or equipping items.
It simply takes getting used to like the L2 R2 buttons on the sony.
I personally didn't like the sony controller when I first felt it back in, um, 1995? I dunno, but it was too small anyway. It felt weird that your thumbs didn't move enough.

Dasutin
11-13-2001, 04:04 PM
Maybe i'm just a mutant and i have really small hands, oh well...

Slider1981
11-13-2001, 04:14 PM
Ps2 controller is junk. The dreamcast has the best controller ever made.

Dasutin
11-13-2001, 04:18 PM
i hate people that say that kind of thing, the ps2 controller is a really good controller, and probally one of the best, the only reason you said you the controller is junk is cuz you hate ps2... **** fanboys, why can't they be like me and favor games, not systems.... fanboys are *****es

Dasutin
11-13-2001, 04:20 PM
hmmm.... since the curse bot bleeped out some of my words it looks like i'm trying to yell.... but in actuallity, i'm like all laid back and stuff, just thought you'd guys would want to know that before you went balstic and yelled back at me

scarecrow kfj
11-13-2001, 05:00 PM
Well I am not bashing the system ( I am not a fan, but I did own one( P2)) I do not like the controllers thery are to small for me. I like dc and xbox since they fit my hand better. I also dont like the position of the analog sticks. I like to use those and they are stretched out in the center and cramp my hands and wrists byt trying.

mwc115
11-13-2001, 05:23 PM
Obviously, it is all about personal preference. I agree with the post that said the Dreamcast had a great controller. It did. Personally, I hate the Game Cube controller, I don't see how anyone could like it. The playstation controller works, but it isn't the most confortable controller I've ever held. It is very rigid and shaped strangly. As with their mice, Microsoft has attempted to make an ergonomic controller, and I think they have done a decent job at it. It has a nice feel to it, and everything works nicely. Yes the clear and black buttons are not extremely well placed, but how often do you use all 6 buttons. After some adjustment, I think many people will find that they like it. If you think it is too small, well... I feel bad for you. And I wouldn't go around telling anyone, you know what they say about people with small hands. Also, how do you people buy the controller for the **** Xbox? I'm preoccupied enough without a controller sitting around my house to fiddle with. I'm obsessed. I preordered from Sam's and I'm going to try to buy one on Thrusday too. Engineers rule.

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 05:27 PM
The XBox controllers are amazing. They feel like they were custom fit for my hands. They have a very similar feel to the DC controllers but a ton better...much more comfortable. The black and white buttons won't be used except for selective games like NFL Fever 2002 in which you only have to tap it once...or for online games to say a message to your team or to an entire group. So, don't worry about the white and black buttons too much... Personally, I don't have a hard time reaching them at all.

jeah
11-13-2001, 05:31 PM
I played the xbox for the first time the other day and I think the controller is great. I really liked the dreamcast controller but now that i'm practicing up on DOA2, I think the DC controller is very uncomfortable compared to xbox. I have no problems reaching any buttons on the fly and I really like the feel of the analog sticks.

MadMoose
11-13-2001, 05:33 PM
I really liked the controller, everything is nice, a little bit hard to use at first, iim used to N64 Controllers, the only thing i object to is the Trigger Buttons,i dont like having to push them all the way in, i think the N64's Mouse button trigger design on the bottom is easier to use:p

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 06:12 PM
I remember that I absolutely hated the N64 controllers at first...then, they became my favorite controllers. I liked the XBox controllers at first..but, as time went by, now I love them :D

Interestingly, I was playing NFL Fever 2002 (One amazing, bad ass football game...best one to date) with the normal XBox controller and it was so comfortable, it took no time to get used to it and after a while, I didn't realize that I was even playing on a controller that I wasn't used to! It was as natural as can be...I'm so pumped!

DieHardXBOXfan
11-13-2001, 06:23 PM
I recently played the demo xbox at EB ad i have to say it is one of the most comfortable things i've ever felt right next to a nice big leather recliner:D although i wish they didnt attach it directly to the machine i would have liked to feel the weight but ohh well im still extremelyhyped for launch

2 more days!!!! :D