PDA

View Full Version : Where is the advertising?

frAn
10-06-2002, 01:43 PM
If XBL is coming otu in just a little over a month, then why are there no pre-release advertisements. I mean, hell, in Best Buy ads they advertise $hi77y stuff like scooby doo a month before it comes out. If XBL is a revolutionary thing, which it is, then why are there no Ads in the paper?

Koopa
10-06-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Hybrid Chicken
maybe they dont need the advertising because so many people already know...but honestly i dont know i expect a tv commercial would come out soon but u r right it is getting late

in my personal experience, most people DONT know about XBL...my cousin has an XBOX and didn't know about it, most people at my school besides the diehard xboxers don't know about it (unless we bragged about it to them:D )

so yeah, START ADVERTISING!

SPARTAN VI
10-06-2002, 02:23 PM
I thought MS planned on making loads of comercials and such. Didn't they spend something million? Whatever, they'll think up something.

Koopa
10-06-2002, 02:31 PM
welll now that i think of it, they have that wierd "who is voden05" advertisments....kinda odd if you ask me

SPARTAN VI
10-06-2002, 04:51 PM
OH YEA!! It's all over my GamePro and EGMS! It's also on the OXM mags too! But, that still doesn't really promote XBL, unless they suddenly reveal who Voden05 is and it just happens to be Bill Gate's gamer tag!!!!!:D