PDA

View Full Version : Which game going to be better: Splinter Cell of Metal Gear Solid

oddworld20-3000
10-06-2002, 10:31 PM
It is very close but I think Metal Gear Solid 2 because of skateboarding mode.

fowlowl
10-07-2002, 01:18 AM
Splinter Cell--that was the easiest choice I had to make since choosing an Xbox. :-)

evil xbox king
10-07-2002, 05:41 AM
MGS2 had it's time on the PS2, and it was a sub-standard game at best. What makes me think that it will change? Nothing yet. Splinter Cell has all the stealth options a good (read: GOTY 2002) stealth game should have. The ability to play as snake instead of Raiden plus a few half-hearted add ons will not entice me to buy this rehashed title. I am also dumbfounded at your reasons for choosing MGS2:S

"I am going to get a stealth game because I can skateboard in it..."

Nato King
10-07-2002, 07:30 AM
I would have to say MGS2 because I remember playing this game on my firends playstation and it was really cool. Now that it's coming out for the xbox I just have to have it. But I might give Splinter Cell a rent.:)

DrUnKtAnK
10-07-2002, 08:01 AM
Splinter Cell - hands down :rolleyes:

skysaw
10-07-2002, 08:30 AM
I loved the original MGS when it came out, and would be pretty excited if not for Splinter Cell. After seeing comparison screen shots between the two, and watching the interview/vids on the disk this month, I am very very psyched for SC. There is, of course, the big unknown... will it play as well as we hope? I'll be scrutinizing the previews when they start rolling in.

My money's on Mr. Clancy, though.

RudedogX
10-07-2002, 08:39 AM
After seeing the interview on the OXM disc, it's almost a gimme...Splinter Cell baby!

JJaX
10-07-2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by evil xbox king
MGS2 had it's time on the PS2, and it was a sub-standard game at best. What makes me think that it will change? Nothing yet. Splinter Cell has all the stealth options a good (read: GOTY 2002) stealth game should have. The ability to play as snake instead of Raiden plus a few half-hearted add ons will not entice me to buy this rehashed title. I am also dumbfounded at your reasons for choosing MGS2:S

"I am going to get a stealth game because I can skateboard in it..."

You can now play throught the entire game as snake
200 VR missions
5 new snake tales missions
+ plenty more extras

- not to excited about the skateboarding mode, i sold THPS3 for a reason. And skating around with a snake skin isnt gonna make it any better. I think they should save the disc space and eliminate that crap.

But MGS substance is gonna kick ass!!!!! I feel its one of those games that makes me think:

"wow, this game actually feels like its worth 50 bucks"

Splinter cell is going to be just as good, if not better! Seems a lot more realistic. So im gonna have to get both.

Spaztic
10-07-2002, 09:48 AM
I am going to wait until I play both games before giving my opinion!

mahalan
10-07-2002, 10:27 AM
Although I have to agree with Shaggy, the initial reviews and evidence is pointing to Splinter Cell blowing MGS out of the water.

JeremyX
10-07-2002, 04:14 PM
it's sort of a no brainer. :rolleyes:

carlbme
10-07-2002, 04:18 PM
Without playing both its hard to say. However i'm going to guess that SC is going to make most people forget about MGS2.

MerimacHamwich
10-07-2002, 04:21 PM
Metal Gear Solid is an alright game but Splinter Cell looks like it will blow it out of the water! How can you even say it will be close. I think Splinter Cell will have superior graphics, gameplay and a better story.

Enough with the damn evil robot mechs and such.

DZNUTZ
10-08-2002, 09:29 AM
well coming from someone who owns mgs on ps2....and after watching the spinter cell preview/interview last night...i'mgonna have to say without a doubt....unquestionably and hands down....

spintercell is gonna blow mgs away..BIG TIME.

Knight
10-08-2002, 09:31 AM
Splinter Cell

RudedogX
10-08-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ

spintercell is gonna blow mgs away..BIG TIME.

Looks like that's what it's doing in this poll!;)

JJaX
10-08-2002, 09:54 AM
Im a sucker for smooth game play. ANd MGS has such a fluid feel its amazing.

But splinter cell seemed to be a lil rough when it came to the animations. Yes i understand theres a lot going on there, Dynamic lighting, bump mapping etc. BUt still, i hate choopy animation.

But regardless, im gonna buy both, no doubt about it.

Ninja Scroll
10-08-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
After seeing the interview on the OXM disc, it's almost a gimme...Splinter Cell baby!

I know what you mean RDX, dat interview was pimp tight yo!
My li' cousin beat dat MGS2 on PoS2 in 2 days and said Raiden ruined da whole game.:( I was like WTF?:eek: Can one character do dat?
He was like, "um,..well dunno, but I know he did"!
he said da story was pitiful and sucked,..if you even consider it one.
I respect his opinions even doe he's younger than me. Kid knows his stuff,...though I will get it anyways for Xbox, it's just foe da hell of it. $50.00 beans aint nuttin to me.
As long as I know what im getting into. Ya feel me?

But like RDX said, dat OXM interview with Slinter Cell sold me,... not dat I was'nt already.;)

FOE SHIZZY NAW MIZZIE!? :D

RudedogX
10-08-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

I know what you mean RDX, dat interview was pimp tight yo!
My li' cousin beat dat MGS2 on PoS2 in 2 days and said Raiden ruined da whole game.:( I was like WTF?:eek: Can one character do dat?
He was like, "um,..well dunno, but I know he did"!
We said da story was pitiful,..if you even consider it one.
I respect his opinions even doe he's younger than me. Kid knows his stuff,...though I will get it anyways for Xbox, it's just foe da hell of it. $50.00 beans aint nuttin to me.
As long as I know what im getting into. Ya feel me?

But like RDX said, dat OXM interview with Slinter Cell sold me,... not dat I was'nt already.;)

FOE SHIZZY NAW MIZZIE!? :D

Man, everyone that I know that played MGS2 said that Rayden destroyed the game. There's no question it should be better on XBox with all of the new add-ons, but I never played MGS1 so I guess I really won't be missing the storyline too much! Splinter cell to me just looked way too tight to pass up. I don't know about in MGS, but that fiber optic camera deal in Splinter cell is too tight for me not to be interested in the game.

Ninja Scroll
10-08-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX

Man, everyone that I know that played MGS2 said that Rayden destroyed the game. There's no question it should be better on XBox with all of the new add-ons, but I never played MGS1 so I guess I really won't be missing the storyline too much! Splinter cell to me just looked way too tight to pass up. I don't know about in MGS, but that fiber optic camera deal in Splinter cell is too tight for me not to be interested in the game.

Well I guess hearing what my lil' cousin said is no surprise to you then RDX.:o Well with Snake playable throughout da game should improve it overall. Though dat story will still suck.
I guess unless it's Soul Calibur or Halo you cant have you cake & eat it too!:(

Anywho, hey RDX, I bought MGS1 on DC with da Bleem-bleemcast boot-up disc. Trust me, dat game is awesome. But I thought it was overated. When I found out who da guy was da Snake fights in da end I thought "oh boy, another one of these, dont we se enough of this turn of events in movies".:rolleyes:
If you ever play it and get to da end you will know what im saying.

I just hope Splinter Cell's story is as good as it's visuals.

RudedogX
10-08-2002, 10:49 AM
yeah, Ninja, I already know the story line(for the most part)...the game definetly sounded like a cheap hollywood ending, but whatever. I probably will end up getting both of them eventually, but for now, splinter cell is picked up the day it hits the shelf.

Knight
10-08-2002, 11:00 AM
Here's a new splintercell movie:

ftp://3dgamers.in-span.net/pub/3dgamers1/games/splintercell/rstrnt_mp4.zip