PDA

View Full Version : GC version of SC II will have Link in it?!?!?

JJaX
10-07-2002, 09:16 AM
i heard LINK will be a hidden fighter in Soul calibur 2 on GC. i know gamecube is g a y and all, but how kick ass is that!

Found a link...............

Our sources in Japan tell us that the GameCube version of Namco's Soul Calibur 2 will feature the older, harder Link from the infamous Spaceworld 2000 video as a hidden playable character. Unlockable only with the game, no extra peripherals required, Link's trusty Master Sword will almost certainly be included in the arsenal that is Soul Calibur 2. Link will be featured only in the GameCube version of the game, and no platform-specific hidden characters will appear in either the Xbox or PS2 version.

Link (http://www.gamers.com/news/1174273)

Sorry if this old news, I really dont read up on kiddie cube

Mercury
10-07-2002, 09:30 AM
SC is a boring game anyway. Seriously, I'm not just saying that because of it having Link on the GC version.

The only fighter worth my time is DOA.

JJaX
10-07-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Mercury
SC is a boring game anyway. Seriously, I'm not just saying that because of it having Link on the GC version.

Oh my oh my!

New to fighting games are we? DOA is a button mashing joke. Sure it looks good but any real fighter fan would know its all about gameplay.

SC ownz you! You obviously never played SC on DC. And if you did, you probaly got your ass handed to you with your Button mashing DOA tactics.

RudedogX
10-07-2002, 09:33 AM

WHAT?!? How is DOA not boring and SC is?!? You have button smashers kicking butt in DOA. In SC, you actually have to be skilled! The button smashers are rarely helped in SC, and that is one of the many things that make that game great (on top of the graphics and actual storyline)!

JJaX
10-07-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX

WHAT?!? How is DOA not boring and SC is?!? You have button smashers kicking butt in DOA. In SC, you actually have to be skilled! The button smashers are rarely helped in SC, and that is one of the many things that make that game great (on top of the graphics and actual storyline)!
Thank your Rudedogx!

Thank God for some SC fans up in here!!!

SC = Best figter ever

SC II will surpass SC in everyway.

THE LEGEND WILL NEVER DIE!

JJaX talks like Kilik and runs away

RudedogX
10-07-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

Thank your Rudedogx!

Thank God for some SC fans up in here!!!

SC = Best figter ever

SC II will surpass SC in everyway.

THE LEGEND WILL NEVER DIE!

JJaX talks like Kilik and runs away

CoughWHAT?!?Cough

Best fighter ever?!? I guess you forget that I like MK and have hopes that they will return to the former glory that got taken over by SC!;)

JJaX
10-07-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX

CoughWHAT?!?Cough

Best fighter ever?!? I guess you forget that I like MK and have hopes that they will return to the former glory that got taken over by SC!;)

I recall the whole best fighter debate. ANd i must say the MK Deadly Alliance has far exceeded my expectations so far. I had no clue there were 21 fighters in this one! I though it was gonna be like 6-8 tops

Glad scorpion is back, and he looks as bad ass as ever ;)

but SC II will be better........trust me :D :D

Dre
10-07-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

I recall the whole best fighter debate. ANd i must say the MK Deadly Alliance has far exceeded my expectations so far. I had no clue there were 21 fighters in this one! I though it was gonna be like 6-8 tops

Glad scorpion is back, and he looks as bad ass as ever ;)

but SC II will be better........trust me :D :D

Yo sup foo? Haven't talked to ya in a bit. Got a question for yo sorry ass :D Is SCII gonna be on XBL?

RudedogX
10-07-2002, 10:26 AM
Regardless...they'll both be better than DOA!;)

JJaX
10-07-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Yo sup foo? Haven't talked to ya in a bit. Got a question for yo sorry ass :D Is SCII gonna be on XBL?

Hey dre! :)

Thats a good question. But i doubt it, because that would be some serious news and to good to be true!

JimmieDoogan
10-07-2002, 01:09 PM
Why is it everytime I hear people talking about SC and DOA they got it completely backwards. "DOA is just a button masher" Oh yeah you unskilled chump, bring you button mashing and ABSOLUTELY EVERY SINGLE MATCH will be won by me. All button mashers get is an occasional hit, NEVER A WIN. Because I will counter every single time. With SC, anyone can win. Even the most skilled player will lose to a button masher every once in a while. A truely skilled play NEVER LOSES at DOA to a button masher, NEVER. Not possible. Anyone who's lost to a button masher in DOA is themself a button masher, or simply not a skilled player. I have never lost and will never lose to a button masher in DOA, they are meat for the beast! Plain and simple.

DZNUTZ
10-07-2002, 01:16 PM
btw...i'm not sure...but i belive they canned that whole link idea.

VenoM
10-07-2002, 02:04 PM

this comes from the guy who thinks shenmue sucked...figures :rolleyes:

JJaX
10-07-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by VenoM

this comes from the guy who thinks shenmue sucked...figures :rolleyes:
He also said Unreal championship will be boring :rolleyes:

JJaX
10-07-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
Why is it everytime I hear people talking about SC and DOA they got it completely backwards. "DOA is just a button masher" Oh yeah you unskilled chump, bring you button mashing and ABSOLUTELY EVERY SINGLE MATCH will be won by me. All button mashers get is an occasional hit, NEVER A WIN. Because I will counter every single time. With SC, anyone can win. Even the most skilled player will lose to a button masher every once in a while. A truely skilled play NEVER LOSES at DOA to a button masher, NEVER. Not possible. Anyone who's lost to a button masher in DOA is themself a button masher, or simply not a skilled player. I have never lost and will never lose to a button masher in DOA, they are meat for the beast! Plain and simple.
Yo for real! What are you smoking?? DOA you can get away with just knowing a few weak ass punch combos and a few weak ass kick combos and the concept of counters and your set.

You can play as any fighter, and knowing what i stated above, put up a good fight.

Sure DOA isnt completely button mashing, its more like timed button mashing with counters :rolleyes:

You must really suck at Soul calibur to be beat buy a button masher. Give me Knightmare or mitsurugi and he wont put a finger on me. I can toy with them, finish them with style.

Ok is he gonna come at me with the 3 highs than a low. (which everyone can do :rolleyes: ) Will he come at me with 3 kicks? Not to mention you can throw a counter sit there for a few seconds and wait for the freaking blow (timing my ass). And why cant i grab you after your stunned? And whats the point of side stepping in DOA? Free hits anyone?

After a while you come to realize all the fighters in DOA are the same freakin thing. Sure theres plenty of moves, but the difference betweetn 2 differnt moves is little to none.

And please dont hit me off with the "you must suck at DOA than"
Ive been a fan of the series since the 1st one, and own 2 and 3. But its FACT that it lacks in depth comapred to any real fighter like Soul calibur.

Soul calibur has, perrys, repels, counters, counter guard impacts unblockables, fake unblockables, multiple stances, delays, roll control, air recovery control, stuns, spirit charges, soul charges, custom combos, slides, button rolling (A~B) grab cancels, low grabs, weapon weight variances and there are no cheap juggles. Juggles can be rolled out of (except certain ones like mitsuruigs 3A while opponent is attacking, 3b, down to foward B, Foward foward A+B) Last part can sometimes be blocked or rolled out of. You can even add to that by starting off with a soul charge and doing a B~foward before the 3A, quick strike that stuns if contact is made while still glowing. Or for exta damage and you got skillz, instead of doing the 3B do a 33B or a 99B (im sorry but i have to applaud namco, this game kicks so much ass) And this is just one series of attacks! :eek:

For those that dont know, Look at your NUMPAD, 3 is like saying diagonal right, 6 would be right, 4 would be left.

And if you know what your doing and your opponent does to, prepare for a epic battle.

Im sorry, but i really feel bad for those who think DOA is better. Im sorry cause you're really missing the true points of a good fighting game.

Oh well.............

Kortiz
10-07-2002, 04:16 PM
yeah i cant wait for SC2, man i loved the first one on DC......even better then tekken and doa and MK.....Streat fighter tooo.

2d is diff from 3d though, but Soul Calibur is the best imho and is going to roxorz