mahalan
10-07-2002, 12:01 PM
My worst:

1. Morrowind
2. UFC Tapout
3. Circus Maximus

J Dub
10-07-2002, 12:02 PM
LMFAO! You actually played Kabuki?! WHY?!??!!?

Anyways, worst game I've ever played is F1 2001......but I haven't played too many bad games. Another one I didn't like, however, was 007: Agent Under Fire.

RudedogX
10-07-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by mahalan
My worst:

1. Morrowind
2. UFC Tapout
3. Circus Maximus

You are going to get seriously flamed for the Morrowind comment. You realize that right?

OppiumNitrates
10-07-2002, 12:14 PM
rotf

I played Nightcaster . . . Blah :o

that helicopter game in Prof_Fink's sig provided more depth and challenge

mahalan
10-07-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX

You are going to get seriously flamed for the Morrowind comment. You realize that right?

It won't be the first time. It won't be the last. When was the last time you've played a console game that crashed every 20 minutes? When was the last time you played a console game where one of the quests wasn't completable due to a bug (becoming arch-magister of Telvanni)? When was the last time you played a major RPG that had more than a few seriously broken single-player skills (longblades, conjuring, alchemy, enchanting, light armor, medium armor, heavy armor, blocking, etc.)? When was the last time you played an RPG where ALL of the monsters were aimed at early and mid-level characters? Let's face it, the game was novel (being a PC-type RPG released for a console) but it sucked.

Dre
10-07-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by mahalan

It won't be the first time. It won't be the last. When was the last time you've played a console game that crashed every 20 minutes? When was the last time you played a console game where one of the quests wasn't completable due to a bug (becoming arch-magister of Telvanni)? When was the last time you played a major RPG that had more than a few seriously broken single-player skills (longblades, conjuring, alchemy, enchanting, light armor, medium armor, heavy armor, blocking, etc.)? When was the last time you played an RPG where ALL of the monsters were aimed at early and mid-level characters? Let's face it, the game was novel (being a PC-type RPG released for a console) but it sucked.

This is from another thread in which I wrote why I think Morrowind sucked on Xbox and why it should have stayed on PC:

-better resolution (unfortunately I don't have enuf $ for an HDTV...yet). When I saw Morrowind on a PC I was amazed. There were features on races faces I hadn't even been able to see b4.

-better draw distance. I really got fed up with seeing fog every freakin place I go even when its one of the brightest sunniest days. Project Ego/Fable creator P.M. said that Fable will have a draw distance of 8km. Now thats more like it...

-bugs. On pc at least you can get a patch. Morrowind crashed on me so many times its one of the main reasons I gave up on it.

-load times... wow.. huge.

-difficulty. Well, after 10-20 hours of play I was fighting against 5 guards at 1 time and kicked all their asses. Whats the point in going on? It basically becomes from then on a matter of simply going from point A to point B with the occasional annoyance of having to pull back on the trigger a couple of times whenever something attacks you and then you're right back on your merry way.

-NPC's. Wow.. all I have to say is that it looks like its mighty boring living in that world. Especially if you're a shop owner.. seeing as how only one buyer walks into your store they have to stay up 24/7 in case you decide to make a visit I've read of mods on the PC working to correct this and bring life to NPC's. I don't think Xbox will be seeing any of that action though...

Now, it did alot of things right as well but just not enough to keep me interested. However, I don't agree that it should be on the top 5 worst games list. It was albeit better than that.

With that said, WWF RAW, Silent Hill II and Blade II were the only games I've rented that I didn't bother playing more than an hour or two because I found them boring.

Nerrad529
10-07-2002, 12:44 PM
Raw bought it the first day it came out and probally played it a total of 10 hrs not good for a anticipated game.

Circus Maximus rented it and played it for about an hr

Air Force Delta Storm rented it and it sucked

Best games I played

Halo traded Max Payne for it what steel

Dead to Rights just an awesome game

Morrowind hard as heck but amazing

Waitin for Xbox Live Unreal Tournament Halo 2 Brute Force Some Gorey Games

Mercury
10-07-2002, 12:56 PM
LOONS

This is the only game I've ever returned. Stay far away from this game.

Carnage
10-07-2002, 02:48 PM
Worst game i bought was bloodwake. heh kept it though, lol i couldnt be bothered trading it in.

Worst game i rented was test drive :)