PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2k3 Any Review Scores?

Robflare
10-07-2002, 01:21 PM
I know at least one sight has posted a review, but I don't have access to that information. Does anyone have any information as to how it is doing? Also I heard it was shipped early. Is it in stores? I gotta get my hoops fix to go along with my NFL 2k3!!!!!!!!

CharlieHustle
10-08-2002, 08:29 PM
If you goto xbox.ign.com right now their review is open to all(they gave it an 8.9). My personal opinion is that it is tight al hell. I just bought it a few hrs ago. If you thought the nba live commercials was tight, wait til you see this game, you will be blown away. The double crossovers, the pivot moves, and the double clutch shouts, that YOU controll, is amazing. Get this game, you will not be disappointed.

Robflare
10-09-2002, 08:16 AM
Thanks my man. I'm picking it up today! I was curious about NBA Live, since they seem to have overhauled it, but I really want to be able to play on line as well.

treyz3
10-09-2002, 08:24 AM
I also see that they gave NBA Live an 8.5. Can anyone that has access to that review post a summary?

Robflare
10-09-2002, 01:16 PM
That review was exactly what I was hoping for. I had 2k2 last year and loved it, so I know this is going to be that much better. Game Pro just gave it a great review as well!!! Basically it seems NBA Live is more Arcade vs. 2k3 being more simulation. Are any of you getting XBOX Live?

DZNUTZ
10-09-2002, 04:20 PM
the reviews are to long to post
both the nbalive and 2k reviews are currently available to the public.

btw..i'm already on xboxlive.

CharlieHustle
10-09-2002, 05:12 PM
i already have broadband, so ill get live when its available.

Halo Evolved
10-10-2002, 07:28 AM
I played some of LIVe at EBgames the other day and I was expecting LIVE 2002 all over again but was surprised with the cleaned up gameplay and the use of the right analog stick to do crossovers and fake out moves and thought it to be well implemented into the game...this idea was also applied to NHL 2003 for use of manual dekes.

Robflare
10-10-2002, 07:38 AM
I played one game, and it looks incredible. The Bulls Mascot is really life like and the play is really fluid. The ball seems to hang in the air a little longer than usual, but so far this game is awesome. I was actually talking about XBOX Live earlier--Charlie Hustle knew what I was asking but just wanted to clarify. The replays are a little strange as well, but overall this is a good game.

CharlieHustle
10-14-2002, 09:49 PM
i hate the replays too, i turn them off. They are annoying. I got killed by the lakers yesterday, on all star mode. I was the Mavs.

Robflare
10-15-2002, 01:45 PM
This is really hard. I played the Mavericks vs. the Nets on Pro and lost by 4 points. I'm still amazed by how fluid the graphics are. Is it me, or does this version seem a little slower than 2k2? Hey DZNUTZ, is there any lag on XBOX Live? How many people are playing? What games have you played on line?

CharlieHustle
10-15-2002, 05:16 PM
It seem fast to me, and fluid is an understatement. Did you turn the gamespeed up to fast??

Robflare
10-16-2002, 08:02 AM
I left it on normal speed, so that wil probably help. Do you typically play on fast?

CharlieHustle
10-19-2002, 07:46 PM
I always play on fast, it plays like normal speed. I am just gettin the hang of this game. i am on a 3 game winning streak in my season mode, with michael finley hurt. After this season mode(which i am only playin a 28 game schedule) i will go at franchise mode.

ARONO129
10-29-2002, 10:11 PM
I just bought NBA 2K3 and man is it sweet. Really shows off the power of the Xbox. I can't imagine the graphics getting any better than they are.

I tried and luckily returned NBA Live 2002 last year. That game was aweful. I don't trust EA on any game other than Madden.

This is one of the best sports games I have EVER played. Sega knows how to make a great NBA sim.

Pipetender
10-30-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by ARONO129
I just bought NBA 2K3 and man is it sweet. Really shows off the power of the Xbox. I can't imagine the graphics getting any better than they are.

I tried and luckily returned NBA Live 2002 last year. That game was aweful. I don't trust EA on any game other than Madden.

This is one of the best sports games I have EVER played. Sega knows how to make a great NBA sim.

Uh, this thread is about NFL2K3...:confused:

xboxteen
10-30-2002, 06:52 AM
Here my review::

superb

Graphics/Sounds : 9.5
When it comes to player models, NFL 2K3 nails it right on the coffin. It's like watching a real game on TV except your actually controlling the players. With the new ESPN presentation, it's almost erie seeing all the menus and on screen displays resemble that of Sports Center. The animation in this game is endless. It's most evident in replays, where no two player is doing the same thing. Sound in this game will eventually get repetive but compared to other sports games out there, it's not bad.

Controls/Gameplay: 9.5
The controls are tight and responsive. I personally think the most important aspect of a game is it's controls. The layout is like most other football game. If you've ever played any other simulation type football game, you'll be able to pick this one up easily. A game needs to have fast response. When your running through a hole and you want to step slightly to the left and then hurdle, that's exactly what the game should do; not turn completely left, right into your blocker, and then fall down. Fortunately, NFL 2k3 has some of the best controls in a game to date. The animation doesn't seem to effect controls negatively as in Fever and Madden. There are a few, however, still lurking in 2K3 which most people tend to ignore. The result of outstanding controls is great gameplay. It's fun to play. It's not too hard and it's not too easy. Even the best players will lose a few. The AI in this game is so good that is almost feels like your going against a real person. If you don't like playing the computer, you can play with up to four friends and come November you'll be able to play online.

Depth/Replay: 10
The most in-depth franchise mode including a general manager mode. You can control every single aspect of your teams future. Trading, signing free agents, scouting, and drafting is all part of this game but with thinking involved. Play the game and you'll see what i mean, don't expect to just come into a draft and take the best player at certain postion and have him on your team for opening day without contract issues. For some of you, it might be easier to leave it up to the computer to do it for you. Also, what adds to replay will be XBox Live. Not only will you be able to compete against people all over the world, but you'll be able to fight for standings and leader boards against fellow gamers. You'll also be able to download up to date rosters.

Overall : 10
With a combination of outstanding graphics, stellar gameplay, and countless replay features; NFL 2K3 is a must have in any sports fan collection. Overall, it's fun to play and there are alot of reasons to keep playing for years to come.

By xboxteen

ARONO129
10-30-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Pipetender

Uh, this thread is about NFL2K3...:confused:

Nope. The title in bold is "NBA 2K3 Any Review Scores".