PDA

View Full Version : ||MECHASSAULT vs GHOST RECON||

eceon
10-07-2002, 02:23 PM
ok... here i go again. i desperately need a few opinions and/or suggestions on which other LIVE game i will add to my library. any helpful info will be well appreciated. thanks.

e

currently, i have Ghost Recon reserved at Gamestop. but, i could easily switch my preorder over to MechAssault. Raven Shield does look a lot more appealing to me than Ghost Recon. however, GR was PC game of the year last year. and, MechAssault is slowly getting under my skin day by day. im so f*cking confused right now. HELP!

Tinny
10-07-2002, 02:39 PM
Anyway to grab a demo of atleast two of those games? If you played GR on the PC you can make up your mind if it's good or not. I'm planning on getting GR from that 3 simply cause I had it for the PC and it was great... plus their's co-op and XBL (little lag with BB unlike using my 56k for it you see) but really it's up to you.

Basically: If you like Rainbow Six games get Raven Shield. If you want a great Mech game get MechAssault. If you want more bigger maps and more outdoors with squad based get Ghost Recon. Personally I want all three (or just Mech Assault and Ghost Recon atleast) but I don't have the cash - I will wait for them to get cheaper. *Sigh* Too many games, not enough cash... if only they were released in the summer aswell...

SPARTAN VI
10-07-2002, 08:30 PM
~UGH~ It hurts my head trying to choose one over the other...:(
Good thing, I am getting them both, in fact I am getting Ghost Recon, UC, and MechAssault. I would recommened you stick with Ghost Recon, PCGAMER gave it GAME OF THE YEAR, as well as IGN, (I THINK). I haven't seen a Mech Warrior game that can last me more than a few months, but MechAssault is NOT just another MechWarrior game, I bet it'll be the best Mech game ever... but stick with GR.

TheCovenant
10-07-2002, 08:37 PM
I had my mind completely made up until a grip of reviewers picked it up and said it was alomost even better than uc!

i was gonna save my money but now im getting all three.........ill be broke till X'mas, but hey! ill be ONE HAPPY BROKE GUY!

Koopa
10-07-2002, 08:45 PM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24287

public EnEmy406
10-07-2002, 09:29 PM
i have uc and MECHSSAUlt preordered. mechassault is good if u like multyplayer games and if u like destroying everything around u. mechassault is gonna be really good plus its gonna be on live so if u ask me ill say get mechassault or get both theyre both ganna be really good.