PDA

View Full Version : unreal championship, BAD NEWS!!!

lefiend
10-07-2002, 02:25 PM
i e-mailed digital extremes(the devs) and they said that there will be NO vehicles in the game at all, whatsoever, or any in the future

they said it caused some playability issues somehow, and they had to scrap the idea!!!

so UC is basically a clone of ut2003

which sucks some mad @ss!!!!!!

MerimacHamwich
10-07-2002, 02:28 PM
You should have gone here (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24564) . We already debated this. I say, if they say vehicles didn't fit in, then so be it. They know what they are doing. Who cares if it will be extremely similair to Unreal Tournament 2003. That game rocks.
:)

Mercury
10-07-2002, 02:29 PM
Ah, the game is a waste of time anyway. I want a 1st person shoot to have a good solid single player storyline, which UC doesn't. I wasn't getting the game anyway.

Tinny
10-07-2002, 02:30 PM
I better get this in before everybody starts flaming you: old news. Check the UC website. Plus it isn't a UT2003 clone. UT2003 is the sequel to UT and UC is a different "chapter" of the story with 10 new maps on it, plus something about different looking weapons or something.

To the rest of you: Give him a break. Not too much huff k? Cheers.

EDIT: G'dam it! :D

lefiend
10-07-2002, 02:33 PM
o sorry guys, i shoulda checked the threads be4 i posted this stuff, LOL
:eek:

im still hopin that uc will be good,...... it better be!!!!!!!!

o, and thanks tinny!
cheers bro

JJaX
10-07-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Mercury
Ah, the game is a waste of time anyway. I want a 1st person shoot to have a good solid single player storyline, which UC doesn't. I wasn't getting the game anyway.

im sorry but playing unreal tournament online poops on any single player experience.

And im sure UC will bring that sensation to the console.

you gonna miss out on a lot of fun. Why play boring single player against inferior eniemies. WHen you can really kicks another persons ass online. Play some 8 on 8 CTF and tell me it doesnt kick ass.

Tinny
10-07-2002, 02:56 PM
I too prefer (in FPSs) SP to MP. I use to prefer MP to SP BTW but *Shrugs* Halo changed me. I don't know, but there is so much more incentives to actually go through something if there's a engaging storyline and objectives, and co-op in Halo helped heaps. I just find that MPs are more and more just frag fests without that much communication between team mates plus exactly how many people will actually listen to you? I don't have any problems with MPs BTW. They are great fun and add to the replayability of the game. But SPs are really the ones that make a game. UC will be a great game though (if UT2003 is anything to go by) hopefully it won't be too much of a frag fest because of the use of the Communicator set.

RudedogX
10-07-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

im sorry but playing unreal tournament online poops on any single player experience.

And im sure UC will bring that sensation to the console.

you gonna miss out on a lot of fun. Why play boring single player against inferior eniemies. WHen you can really kicks another persons ass online. Play some 8 on 8 CTF and tell me it doesnt kick ass.

Man, I haven't played on line yet, but there's no question that Mercury just doesn't seem to know what he's talkin' about! I love playin' others and trash talkin'! With this on Live, and us using the headgear instead a keyboard, well...time for some serious talkin'!

JJaX
10-07-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Tinny
I too prefer (in FPSs) SP to MP. I use to prefer MP to SP BTW but *Shrugs* Halo changed me. I don't know, but there is so much more incentives to actually go through something if there's a engaging storyline and objectives, and co-op in Halo helped heaps. I just find that MPs are more and more just frag fests without that much communication between team mates plus exactly how many people will actually listen to you? I don't have any problems with MPs BTW. They are great fun and add to the replayability of the game. But SPs are really the ones that make a game. UC will be a great game though (if UT2003 is anything to go by) hopefully it won't be too much of a frag fest because of the use of the Communicator set.

Unreal tournament for example you can bind speech commands. Thats how you communicate on the fly on public servers. Once you and a few good players get to working as a team you will own. Lack of communication is your fault because it does exist, you jsut idnt know how to use it. But XBL will make voice required, forcing you to work thogether. Like most clans do on the PC right now.

True theres jerks out there that are gonna ruin it. But more often you will find cool people and have a good time.

Leviathon
10-07-2002, 03:45 PM
Is UC gameplay like Turok? I played my friends copy of Turok overthe weekend and it sucks. The way the character moves around is so choppy and crap. I hated it. Is UC going to move like HALO at all? Halo is so smooth in every aspect.

MerimacHamwich
10-07-2002, 03:51 PM
How are we supposed to know how it plays? It isn't out yet. All you can do is go to www.unrealchampionship.com and read about it. That is the best place to get answers before it comes out.

JJaX
10-07-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
How are we supposed to know how it plays? It isn't out yet. All you can do is go to www.unrealchampionship.com and read about it. That is the best place to get answers before it comes out.

ive read interviews that there going with the "Halo control" scheme as the default.

ANd yes UC should be smooth

studepaber
10-07-2002, 04:01 PM
I really don't care that vehicles aren't included in UC, it will still rule in a major way. Did any of you get to see a recent video of the game showing the Citadel map (the video that just got shut down by the big M) it completely rules!!!! This game will be WAYEEEE better than Turok (was totally disappointed with that game) and Live play will consume all of my time.

bob808
10-07-2002, 10:13 PM
I will definately be getting Unrael and the Xbox Live kit the day they come out! You suckaz wont even feel it when I snipe you from behind and blow your @sses to kingdom cum!

Jarvis
10-07-2002, 11:06 PM
the no vehicles thing has been known for weeks now

-jarvis

LynxFX
10-08-2002, 12:01 AM
I posted this in the off-topic lounge but thought I would chime in here too.

UT2003 and UC differences.

UC will have 10 maps that UT2003 does not have. (UT2003 has 50 new maps already available for download) The weapons are exactly the same with the exception that they will look different but fire the same ammo. The controls are obviously different to comply with the controller vs a kb and mouse. That is it.

As for vehicles, gone from UC but very playable on UT2003 which has vehicles included as a mod option. There are already maps available to download that have the one vehicle included by epic which is the Bulldog. See pic. BTW the vehicles are controlled very easily and in a thirdperson perspective. More vehicles should start to show up as more and more mods are created. The current maps aren't great for vehicles but I'm sure larger outdoor arenas will be made. There is a pretty cool one already included with UT2003 which is a vehicle demo map. (Go to your maps folder)

I'm actually very impressed with UT2003 and UC should play quite well on the Xbox. As for Single player and storyline, that isn't the point of UT or UC. It is a multiplayer game. The story is that you are playing in a tournament and that is as deep as it gets. If you want a storyline then wait for Unreal2 which is a single player FPS following the first Unreal. It comes in January.

http://home.attbi.com/~lynxfx/uttanksmall.jpg
UT2003 rocket equipped Bulldog

bob808
10-08-2002, 12:19 AM
You will all be killed muntiple times.......
By ME--- bob808
Gwah,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!

JJaX
10-08-2002, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by bob808
By ME--- bob808
Gwah,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!

I doubt it :rolleyes:

Spaztic
10-08-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by bob808
By ME--- bob808
Gwah,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!

I think you are mistaken!