PDA

View Full Version : One of the best tips..

Brevity
10-07-2002, 02:34 PM
If your not in the Beta you may have never heard of BOILING your xbox disc to get it to work or to work better. I heard about this on the Beta forums because of all the trouble with the Beta discs not working. I JUST got this months OXM and put the disc in and the xbox said it was not even a CD that it could read, I cleaned them both and tried several times, but nothing. I then was about to go online and order another:mad: , when I thought of the boiling; so I did it. **I boiled it for 15s using a baby bottle nipple to hold the disc down, then I let to air dry laying flat on a towle. I put it in and it worked better than any OXM disc ever did. To top it off, a couple off issues back I had one preview that was choppy as hell, so I boiled it and every other disc I could grab, and you know what they all work fine now. Anyway I thought I would spred the word. And no I dont know why this works or what really happens, I just know it does.:cool:

lefiend
10-07-2002, 03:23 PM
omg, thats insane!!!!

its a good tip tho, jus in case none of my discs work, but they all do, so no boiling for me yet

cheers bro

UltimateAg
10-07-2002, 03:34 PM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23998

Yeah, I started this thread pertaining to the beta disk problems. From what I've read and noticed on the disk, I think it works because the disks come with a gumlike protective coating. If you touched the beta disk before boiling, it felt really sticky, after it didn't seem to have the film on it anymore. So I think boiling is just a way to remove the sticky gumlike film without scratching the surface of the disk. I first tried just putting the disk under a faucet with the water as hot as possible and that didn't work, it really needs to be boiling. I don't plan on doing this to every disk I get, but if the disk is having problems already, it couldn't hurt to try.

Slacker
10-07-2002, 04:17 PM
Never Underestimate the power of Boiling water, Boiling water rules, I collect and Sell G.I. Joes online alot of times I find a Dragonfly Helicopter or other Helicopters with Bent Blades, I just dip them in bioling whater then bend, Dip and Bend Dip and Bend, it works for almost all plastics ,

Spaztic
10-07-2002, 05:10 PM
yeah when your xbox is running spray water in the xbox and the games load faster due to water cooling....it is sweet!

robnyack
10-07-2002, 07:53 PM
I keep reading posts in different places about this, and I keep thinking, "wow, how dumb do these guys think some people are???"

is this for real?

Brevity
10-07-2002, 08:21 PM
Its real ****.

techie
10-08-2002, 01:28 PM
I had problems with my Xbox Live disc and tried boiling
it. The disc works fine now. Just remember, let the water
come to a boil first, drop the disc flat on top of the water so
it floats, and do not let it boil for more than 20 to 30 seconds.
Let it air dry and wipe it off and it should work, although this
is not 100% effective. There are times when this does not
work, the best solution is to order another disc from whoever
the bad disc is from.

Snoopy7548
10-08-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
baby bottle nipple

hahahhaha. lol. :) :confused: :) :D