PDA

View Full Version : xbox 2 due out before ps3???

yall
10-07-2002, 03:17 PM
sorry if someone else posted this but i found it on gamers.com
http://www.gamers.com/news/1249841

JeremyX
10-07-2002, 04:01 PM
This is some good news! This will help Microsoft get a larger installed user group. Sony's going down.

VenoM
10-07-2002, 04:10 PM
am i the only one that thinks this is bad news :confused:

MerimacHamwich
10-07-2002, 04:18 PM
Personally I tihnk they should just bring it out when they can no longer do anything new and advanced with the xbox. I don't like the idea of buying a console for 400$ and then 2 years later having to spend another 400$ or more on another "better" one. I do think it will help xbox get a bigger fan base but nonetheless I hope niether of the companies bring out a new console for at least another 3-4 years.

xboxmaster2002
10-07-2002, 04:21 PM
they are both being released in 2005 i think its a good idea to release it like maybe the same day... but earlier is better for sales if its not too early

Nameless
10-07-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by JeremyX
This is some good news! This will help Microsoft get a larger installed user group. Sony's going down.

I doubt it...
The box now is even harware superior to ps2 (lets face it) but it is still kicking ass...
If the Xbox2 is released b4 ps3 that gives Sony an edge. The fact that there hardware will more advanced...

Kortiz
10-07-2002, 07:27 PM
imho.....MS shouldnt even worry about Sony or Nintendo, just do their own thing and bring out their console when it is ready, dont rush it, wait until they are done milking the first Xbox

by that time, people will want to wait for the Xbox2, a lot of people are going to be Sony lovers forever unless they do something horrible to their customers, so lets just act like they dont factor the Xbox's presence and go for who they can.....good games will attract buyers. concentrate on good games and more money will roll in. i am with venom, lets keep the xbox out as long as possible. MS will have something great out next console.....just dont rush it is what i say

kachingtensor
10-08-2002, 11:54 AM
I don't believe MS has to "rush it".

Sony's PS3 program looks to be stuck in some kind of dreamland vaporware mud up to its axles right now. It's gonna take a while to get it unstuck, too.

MS Xbox 2 designers will just be choosing the best (as in the NV2A for Xbox) or most convenient (as in the *******ized P3 CPU for Xbox) stuff off the shelf. Xbox's chipset handily outperforms the PlayStation2's odd chipset, and I daresay Xbox 2 will handily outperform whatever Sony R&D cobbles together for their eventual stab at PlayStation 3.

MerimacHamwich
10-08-2002, 12:02 PM
I agree. PS2 was supposed to have "toy story grpahics" well, it doesn't. I bet they will say the same thing for the PS3 and it still won't. They might Use Pixel and vertex shaders this time or perhaps include some bump mapping technology. It won't compare to the next xbox. Heck it will probably be equal to the xbox or else slightly better. Just like the PS2 was compared to the Dreamcast. Microsoft should just take thier time and don't realease it until they are supremly confident thier product will revolutionize the industry yet again.

BCan
10-15-2002, 07:00 PM
But wasn't, or isn't the Dreamcast a better graphically looking console than the PS2?

EHWfedPres
10-15-2002, 07:26 PM
The Xbox is good enough to last 5 years at LEAST. I hope we dont see any new systems for at least 4 or 5 years...some people will end up having more systems than games to play on them, and thats ridiculous

Afro Aura
10-15-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by BCan
But wasn't, or isn't the Dreamcast a better graphically looking console than the PS2?
YEP!!!! and they still have nothing to beat Soul Calibur yet