PDA

View Full Version : DOA 3 got a cheap score @ gamespot, i am mad...

neo_emX
11-12-2001, 06:22 PM
DOA3 for tha xbox got a below great rating at videogames.com; a 7.9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is an outrage!!!!!!!!!! all the staff @ gamespot should burn in hell!!!!!look at what they said:

Once you get past its graphics--and you will--you'll find that Dead or Alive 3 doesn't offer much of anything that hasn't been done in other 3D fighting games. - Greg Kasavin

mojo__31
11-12-2001, 06:31 PM
LOL, ITS A FIGHTER, WHAT MORE CAN BE DONE? YOU MAKE AWESOME GRAPHICS UPGRADES, NEW MOVES, ADD BIGGER ENVIRONMENTS WITH COOL SPECIAL EFFECTS, WHAT MORE CAN YOU POSSIBLY DO BUT CHANGE THE TYPE OF GAME? LMAO

neo_emX
11-12-2001, 06:36 PM
i know, but im still mad:( dont u think a 7.9 is a bit harsh? do u recommend i buy this game? i was gonna get it today, but then i saw the review...

mojo__31
11-12-2001, 06:40 PM
What I meant was the reviewers were idiots. They said it doesn't offer anything new, and I listed whats new. I doubt they even played the game, lol. The game is awesome if you like fighters. It has incredible graphics, smooth as silk gameplay, and more depth and special effects than any other fighting game ever made.

Frostberg
11-12-2001, 07:14 PM
LOL! The people at gamespot are starting to turn into the anti-gamestop/babbages people. SOOOO gamespot reviews DoA3 and gives the game a 7.9 This is a fighting, game and you cant really do much more than what was already improved on. I agree with Mojo, thats one of the key elements of any fighting game! So if gamespot reviewed this fighing game so bad, why did they give Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 for PS2 a 10! A perfect 10! THPS3 is just a skating game! They improved the graphics. They didnt do anything totally innovative, most certantly not anything so spectacular to deserve a 10! I dont see how gamespot can award this silly skateboarding game the highest score it has ever given out, when it is but a skating game with pretty graphics. It is basically the same thing as DoA3, but a different genre. Am I correct or what!? How can gamespot be so idiotic in their one sided view that DoA2+improved graphics=DoA3? if this is the case then why do they make THPS2+improved graphics=PERFECT 10 SCORING THPS3

neo_emX
11-12-2001, 07:27 PM
thanx for clearing this up. now i shall go buy doa3:D thanx

kiz10
11-12-2001, 07:48 PM
Whoever wants to blow up Gamespot, i'll supply the bombs.

Satch
11-12-2001, 08:22 PM
gamespot mother fu*kers!! they were ps2 freeks since the d@mn first days of the dreamcast! i hate them too! biased mother f*ckers. cant they look at the specs and games and realize xbox is better?! geez. 7.9 is a d@mn shame. hey mo fo, you are EXACTLY right. if you do much more to a fighting game you will change the whole genre. gamespot ***gots die. gamespot should be renamed "eman". i bet that little eman gets laughing kicks out of gamespot's d@mn comments on the ps2. oh well f*ck it xbox rules ps2 is a piece of *****. im not going to say why. im not biased cause ive done my freaking research and i now know that ps2 is g@y. peace, and hell for gamespot.

Heyyoudvd
11-12-2001, 10:07 PM
talk about bias... (I'm not referring to Gamespot)

People on this board are always saying how great a game it will be, and it's gets an average reviews, so the reviewers must be crazy.... :rolleyes:

It seems like some people only accept reviews that they like.

Halo got 9.7, so the reviews at Gamespot really know their video games, wheras a 7.9 for DOA3 shows that they're all morons, right? :rolleyes:

Halo got a great mark from Gamespot, therefore it must be a great game, yet DOA3 got an average mark from the same website (Gamespot), and in this case, the reviewer is wrong...
:rolleyes:

This is such a stupid bias.
Xboxer call us 'cubers' biased... Yeah right.... :rolleyes:

Old Sckool
11-12-2001, 10:09 PM
Yep Gamespot seem to be giving all the Xbox games a hard time. Like how can you say DOA 3 has nothing new when less then a year ago they gave Tekken tag 9.6!!! And what’s even more funny is they gave DOA 2, 8.9 (like has the game got worse or some thing). Plus how the F*** can you give DOA3 that and then turn round and give RS2 9.4 (last time I played RS2 it was just like the last one in fact it plays the same) and this is the same site that gave perfect 10 to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (PS2).

Frostberg
11-12-2001, 10:11 PM
They claim that DoA3 is just DoA2 with better graphics...theres your point they are crazy! There are many new additions to DoA3, but the graphics are pretty and thats why people will for the most part, buy it. You arent getting an Xbox's P3 733MHz with nVidia GeForce3 like video card just to play 2d games...you want the best 3d games out there

Frostberg
11-12-2001, 10:15 PM
Gamespot loves their P2s...so maybe there are a few nice Xboxers, but still I dont see why they would think its such a bad game. I dont want that reviewer sabataging any more Xbox games...going with the conspiracy theorys...it prolly IS a conspiracy because now that Doa3 is coming out only for xbox they are just jelous and so now they can say "Ha! we never even wanted DoA3 anyway...we are going to find some gamecube games and give them high scores now"

eLoup
11-12-2001, 10:55 PM
LOL

Hello! McFly! Graphics don't make a game, man.

DOA3 is a fighter. Unless you're into fighting games, then this isn't a game they probably recommend. When you are critiquing pieces, you got to make sure you look at all angles. Now, I haven’t read the review, but I'm part of a Film Commission here in Seattle, and critique films on a regular basis. I know from my experience that even if you love action movies, and you thought the action in a movie was great, you can't give it simply a "10!" just on that alone. Cause if some people are looking for a movie with a plot, and some cool action, then they'll be deceived by your "10!" and comment, "Hey dude, I saw Bla Bla Bla Part 2 1/2, and you gave it top rating, and I thought it totally sucked - I mean there was no plot at all, just people randomly blowing up on street corners" ....

So I think what the review was probably aimed at was letting gamers know that if you're a hard-core fighting game player, then DOA3 is probably NOT a game to MISS. However, for those of us who seek plot, development, and well, the essentials of storytelling, then it's putting up a red flag saying, "Yo, the graphics rock, but you probably will shelf this one fast!"

Besides, if you think about it, 7.9 is a very, very respective score for a fighting game : a game where all you do is beat people up. Not bad for such a simple concept.

~

eLoup
Seattle

JeremyX
11-13-2001, 01:56 AM
I have found that IGN is the only place that gives reliable, unbiased reviews. They are the only people I trust to review a game. I don't even trust EGM as much as I do IGN. I have found that EGM has many GC fanboys on staff.

DenniZz81
11-13-2001, 03:08 AM
Gamespy is giving xbox an even harder time
*****ie:mad:

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 03:47 PM
I wonder if Gamespot is talking trash about the XBox because of an intelligent strategy? Think about it...the more people they turn off...the more likely it will be available for them to come in as an employee on the launch day so they can buy it! Think about it for a moment!

I work at an Electronics Store and I have been doing something very similar. Now, I don't talk trash about the XBox...not at all, but, I have been known to mislead a few people by saying "Oh, just show up in the morning...we will have plenty"...The truth is, we will only have 8!!! I am camping outside the store...I don't want to create competition for myself! hehehe :D

Myth-One
11-13-2001, 04:00 PM
DOA3 will be an incredible game, yet i question its depth. DOA2 had little to no replay value(1 player wise). The expanded stages are nothing new but amazing nonetheless. Sides, "they kick high."

DenniZz81
11-13-2001, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I wonder if Gamespot is talking trash about the XBox because of an intelligent strategy? Think about it...the more people they turn off...the more likely it will be available for them to come in as an employee on the launch day so they can buy it! Think about it for a moment!

I work at an Electronics Store and I have been doing something very similar. Now, I don't talk trash about the XBox...not at all, but, I have been known to mislead a few people by saying "Oh, just show up in the morning...we will have plenty"...The truth is, we will only have 8!!! I am camping outside the store...I don't want to create competition for myself! hehehe :D

oh man if an employee did that to me and i found out. I would take it to the bottom for sure and i would get ****ed of like *****ie hell!!

Slider1981
11-13-2001, 04:17 PM
Gamespot is junk. Just like the time they said Madden 2001 for PS2 was better than NFL2k1 for the dreamcast. I never listen to gamespot very much, unless i want to see overrated PS2 games. I think they call that biased like all the retailers are.

neo_emX
11-13-2001, 05:48 PM
i just bought doa3 and im pretty happy right now. gamespot can suck on my central processing unit and ill listen to ign from now on. those were my 2 fav all-game site, but now theres just one. ill tell u this much... the only game that matches the quality of doa3 is soul calibur, and that game's comin to xbox too:D

Frostberg
11-13-2001, 06:05 PM
OOO i cant wait for soul calibur, I LOVED it for the DC...but then I got mad at sega when they basically gave up and now the DC sucks...I wish you didnt have to pay money for the IGN premier though...