PDA

View Full Version : SEGA's NBA 2K3 dominates again!!!

Heavens Gate
10-08-2002, 08:10 AM
According to ign, SEGA has dominated again this year with it's superb B-Ball game. Go SEGA.

DZNUTZ
10-08-2002, 09:24 AM
according to oxm...nba2k3 is the leader as well.
they say live is making a strong come back ....but 2k3 is the king

Ninja Scroll
10-08-2002, 10:30 AM
Well you cant be surprised can you? All the magazine & internet media has always declared Sega Sports the best ever since NFL2K dropped on 9/9/99

It's just da hype Sega needs in order to get more respectable sales compared to da over hype rehashers-EA Sports.

Though I think everyone knows NBA2K series has no compo, and 2K3 will just futher dat fact.

Naw Mizzie!?:)

Spaztic
10-08-2002, 11:01 AM
nba2k3 really dosn't have any competition in my eyes!

Woocifer
10-08-2002, 01:20 PM
Naw Mizzie? Ninja yer just too ghetto for yourself...do you ever jump off the phat horse and come back to normal language land? ;)

NBA 2K3 still looks a bit stiff but I am more than willing to bet that it is still better than anything else out there. But I could see room for improvement on 2K2 and from the videos and pics I've seen in 2K3 I'm not seeing the improvements I was kinda hoping for...but this is still the best bball series out there.

Bakeman
10-08-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer
Naw Mizzie? Ninja yer just too ghetto for yourself...do you ever jump off the phat horse and come back to normal language land? ;)

NBA 2K3 still looks a bit stiff but I am more than willing to bet that it is still better than anything else out there. But I could see room for improvement on 2K2 and from the videos and pics I've seen in 2K3 I'm not seeing the improvements I was kinda hoping for...but this is still the best bball series out there.

What is it that you were looking for that you can see in the screen shots and videos?

Slim Shady
10-08-2002, 03:25 PM
What is EA SPORTS™ Freestyle Control?

It’s a revolutionary way to play basketball.

EA SPORTS Freestyle Control is the most innovative feature to date in an NBA video game. It’s an entirely new way to play hoops and will change the way sports games are played. Adding Freestyle Control to your cache of skills, you’ll have total control of over 50 new moves and thousands of potential combination threats.

How do I use it?

In NBA Live 2003, place your right thumb on the Freestyle Control and start commanding the court. The 360-degree rotation of the right analog stick* lets you create your own NBA Livestyle.

The left analog controls the general movement and direction of the player, while the addition of the Freestyle Control lets you bust out of the button mashing doldrums and into the artistic arena that makes NBA basketball so entertaining.

* PlayStation®2 -- Right Analog; Microsoft Xbox™ -- Thumb Stick; Nintendo GameCube™ -- C Stick

Why is this better than the old X-O combinations?

Can you think of anyone in the NBA that plays with one hand and uses random moves to get the job done? No chance. Freestyle Control is deliberate. No more random moves as when you used to select a special move button. You now express yourself with new moves and thousands of combinations.

What can I control with Freestyle Control?

Crossover behind, through the legs, and around your man, stutter-step, palm the ball, back down in the paint, fade away, protect the ball and toy with your opponent. Reach, steal or block with either hand. The possibilities are overwhelming. Showing off has never been easier.

Total Player Control = No More Randomness!

What are EA SPORTS Quick Plays?

For NBA Live 2003, we will not be using the Directional Pad (shown at right) for player movement. Instead, we will be using these 4 buttons for Quick Play calling on both Offense and Defense. These Quick Plays won’t be actual 'plays' in the traditional sense, but more of an 'A.I. adjustment' that a User (or CPU) can execute on the fly, that involve no more than a single adjustment followed by the players flowing easily back into the Dynamic Offense.

When any of these buttons are pressed, the ball carrier will raise his arm to indicate a Quick Play being called.

What are others saying about EA SPORTS Freestyle Control?

"EA has gone the distance to ensure it delivers the most realistic basketball sim on any system with the advent of the EA SPORTS Freestyle Control. Using the Freestyle Control, gamers will be able to feel like they truly are part of the action."

-- GameZone.com
"The Freestyle Control is the biggest basketball innovation that I can remember… What a great concept. I can't wait to get some code and try to master all the moves."

-- IGN PS2

"LIVE 2003 brings a whole new level of depth to the game. It creates match up problems and makes it like real basketball. What a great concept. Can't wait to get more time with this. It looks great."
-- XBOX Magazine

Longster
10-08-2002, 03:34 PM
Slim Shady,

Whether it's revolutionary or not, it doesn't have online capability. This year they may have improved, but NBA 2002 Live sux like balls. I don't really expect much change from last year except the control, few moves and whatever.

NBA2k3 is the only one out there that's online, which makes the replay value last longer.

Slim Shady
10-08-2002, 03:38 PM
Live got a 8.5 on xbox...which means it will probly get 8.6 or 8.7 for PS2...thats like 1.5 point increase over last year. :)

Ninja Scroll
10-08-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer

1. Naw Mizzie? Ninja yer just too ghetto for yourself...do you ever jump off the phat horse and come back to normal language land? ;)

2. NBA 2K3 still looks a bit stiff but I am more than willing to bet that it is still better than anything else out there. But I could see room for improvement on 2K2 and from the videos and pics I've seen in 2K3 I'm not seeing the improvements I was kinda hoping for...but this is still the best bball series out there.

1. Well I try, but I would be faken who I be, ya feel me?
Really, I tried and it just dont work yo! It's da Ninja style, da flow, da originality, ya herrred me?;)

2. Like others have said, what do you mean stiff? This game is near flawless.

And to Slim Shady, dude..what are you? EA's spokes person or something?:rolleyes:

Free Style Controls my ass!:rolleyes: Dats just a new gimmick EA is pulling off to try and get dumbasses to buy their wack ass game!:rolleyes:

Slim Shady
10-09-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

And to Slim Shady, dude..what are you? EA's spokes person or something?:rolleyes:

Free Style Controls my ass!:rolleyes: Dats just a new gimmick EA is pulling off to try and get dumbasses to buy their wack ass game!:rolleyes:
Live has always been the best b-ball.
It has the Best Dunks, moves.

evil xbox king
10-09-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Slim Shady

Live has always been the best b-ball.
It has the Best Dunks, moves.

WTF???

WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING???

Slim Shady
10-09-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by evil xbox king

WTF???

WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING???
weed....

:rolleyes:

Brevity
10-09-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

1. Well I try, but I would be faken who I be, ya feel me?
Really, I tried and it just dont work yo! It's da Ninja style, da flow, da originality, ya herrred me?;)

2. Like others have said, what do you mean stiff? This game is near flawless.

And da way I be talken is da reason I be goin to da speech therapy.