PDA

View Full Version : NFS: Hot Pursuit version PS2 vs Xbox

Dirtball7
10-08-2002, 01:07 PM
"While the Xbox and GameCube iterations of Hot Pursuit II are in fact exact ports of one another, they're markedly different from their PlayStation 2 cousin, and in this case, "different" doesn't mean "better." In short, the Xbox and GameCube versions of Hot Pursuit II have slightly detuned graphics, mushier controls, and inexplicably, a variety of minute but tangible ommissions from the PlayStation 2 game"

WTF....come on EA.."detuning" a game for a more powerful console?

Gamespot gives NFS Hot pursuit gets 8.5 for PS2 and 7.5 for Xbox....and they are correct! PS2 is better!

Incredible...EA sucks:mad:

Dirtball7
10-08-2002, 01:09 PM
Did I say 7.5 score for Xbox version? I meant 7.2....

Zion
10-08-2002, 01:38 PM
EA developed the Xbox and GC versions themselves, in-house.

The PS2 version was done by BlackBox..EA just bought it and slapped a label on it. That's why the PS2 version is far better.....EA couldn't make a good game if their lives depended on it.

Woocifer
10-08-2002, 04:22 PM
It's still pretty harsh to port a game over to another platform and then have it disabled and lacklustre compared to the PS2 which is less powerful in a number of ways...

I didn't think EA was going to be this rediculous.

xboxmaster2002
10-08-2002, 04:37 PM
i bought on PS2 even though i like xbox the most because EA does more stuff for sony and they have like 2 more tracks and less slowdown that would be cool if EA was more fair to all of the systems

JimmieDoogan
10-08-2002, 04:48 PM
Sony helped to orchastrate this. They specifically asked that Black Box do the PoS2 version and that they dumb down the other versions (using some unknown and untalented developer) so that they could say that Sony's console plays that game best. Mind you that's just speculation but it seems more than probable. Afterall, EA is Sony's little monkey boy, and that's exactly why they screw us on Live support. Hell I don't even know why they think Battlefield 1942 is going to sell more than one copy being that it will ship sans ONLINE support, the only thing making the game worth a purchase. Seriously, who wants to buy a game build for online multiplay that will omitt the only buying point (and playing point for that matter) that the game could ever possibly offer. It has no real story to flesh out. I hope EA consistantly BOMBS on the Xbox due to their shoddy and deplorable support. I was going to purchase this game, but now it's blantantly clear that EA has absolutely no interest what so ever in even SATISFYING let alone wowing XBOX owners. They just want to bust out a bunch half assed, useless products so they can say "See... we support your system, give us money." Not what the real message they are sending which is "We don't like Xbox or people who buy Xbox, so we're giving Sony all we got, and Xbox gets the sloopy seconds... if that." Read em and weap boys, EA IS USELESS TO ALL XBOX USERS! Buy Sega, at least they know what DEPTH ON THE PLAYING FIELD means, seeing as how EA has done NOTHING but graphical upgrades for ALL their games since the Sega Genesis debuted!

FuNkY mOnK
10-08-2002, 05:25 PM
Do what I do, don’t buy any EA games, no matter what. I’ve done this with acclaim and refuse to buy anything from them, same goes for EGM magazine they are so anti-xbox it kills them to give xbox a decent review, were the only ones that keep the industries alive. no matter how big they think they are thier nothing without us,the gamer.

japes1
10-08-2002, 09:24 PM
EA is really a PS2 brand name, i wouldn't buy from them.:D