PDA

View Full Version : XBox or PS2? I don't know which 1 to get!Please Help!

eep3
11-12-2001, 07:56 PM
I want to get a game system but I dont know which one to get. I want to get the best one there is. I was going to get a ps2 but then I heard about xbox. A lot of people I talk to does not know anything about xbox so I decided I would ask somebody on here before I buy one. I keep thinking xbox is better since it is the newest thing coming out. But is it going to be around for a while? How is xbox better than ps2?

Can somebody please help me. I am all confused. I dont know much about ps2 or xbox. All I know is that both cost the same. I just want to get the best one.

Thanks

kiz10
11-12-2001, 07:58 PM
One word speaks for it self. "Xbox"

Jason1010
11-12-2001, 08:02 PM
i would say the xbox because it is more powerful and it has some really good games, like halo... however, if u are really into rpgs i would go with ps2 because playstations always seem to have the most rpgs if u ask me.... then again project ego is an rpg for xbox and it looks really really cool so i guess its up to u... but i suggest xbox

dronezero
11-12-2001, 08:02 PM
I don't think there will be a person on here that will tell you to get a PS2. Personaly I feel that the xbox is a much better buy. However, that is my opinion, and you will just have to do some research to find out if it has anything that interests you. The facts are overwhelming in favor of the xbox however.

Besides how could you pass up games like Halo and DOA3?

XBOX Dude
11-12-2001, 08:08 PM
xbox has better specs all around and it going to be here a long time, i mean think they got microsoft backing them

Frostberg
11-12-2001, 08:16 PM
Hmm its all on timing...if it was 9.9.99 you would get a DC...if it was a year ago you would get a PS2...now you want to get the best this year, and thats 3 days away...

dd5
11-12-2001, 08:18 PM
uhm ps2!
:cool: :D

*awaits flames from people not knowing that i am an xbox fan and that i was jokeing*

CO1
11-12-2001, 09:21 PM
I was planning on buying a PS2 a year ago when I heard about the XBox. When I read the specs and that Microsoft was gathering info from gamers and developers to use in the creation of the XBox I said I’d wait and see what happens. As time has gone on I've only become more and more impressed with the XBox. I've spent quite a bit of time with the PS2. I usually rent it for 2-3 weeks at a time every couple of months and it's a pretty good system but I don't think it will be able to match the XBox for it's graphics and it's games. The list of games for the XBox is amazing. I'm a PC gamer and Microsoft has every software company that ever put out a decent game. I don't think I could of hand picked them better myself. I've been playing games for more than 20yrs and I've had every console system since the Atari 2600 and this is the first time I've been this excited about a console since I was a little kid. I think the XBox will see just as much action as my PC and that's saying something because I'm a game freak. If you buy a PS2 I think you will be happy, it's not a bad system, that is until you go to a friend's house that has an XBox and in a fit of jealousy you kill you friend and you spend the rest of your life in jail. FOR GOD SAKE DON'T KILL YOUR FRIEND JUST GET AN XBOX! BTW jailbirds don't get to play the XBox. On one hand you can start on the road to your eventual doom or on the other you can enjoy gaming nirvana. The choice is really up to you. Friends come and go but the XBox is forever! (Or at least the next year or so)

madrebel
11-12-2001, 10:23 PM
"Project Ego" is going to be an awsome game, if you ever played "Black and White" or read any of the reviews for it then you'll understand. (Same Developer)

As for other RPG's on the Xbox,

Dominion (http://www.pharaoh-productions.com/dominion.html)

Morrowind (http://www.morrowind.com/main.htm)

Enclave (http://www.starbreeze.com/) (Way cool site)

Divine Divinity (http://www.divinedivinity.de/screenshots/)

This is a gaming system that will give you more for the same amount of money! (And the games are generally longer than on the PS2)

Your call though!