PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft should buyout MSN contracts for Xbox live......

Leviathon
10-09-2002, 11:51 AM
I was one of the people who decided about a year and half ago to sign up for MSN dial up for 3 years and get $400.00 bucks to spend at Best Buy.

At the time it made sense, since I was never on the internet enough to justify the cost of broadband.

However, now that XBL is on the way, I would definetly get broadband, but I am going to have to wait until my MSN contract is up because I don't want to pay for 2 service providers.

Does anyone agree with me that Microsoft should buy out those MSN contracts for people wanting to buy XBL so that they can get Broadband.

Is anyone else in the same boat I am in?

Duke
10-09-2002, 11:54 AM
Not sure if it's the case w/ MSN, but many ISP's will allow you to upgrade your membership to broadband. If they don't, it sure would be a good idea considering they're investing so much in a broadband only service.

Leviathon
10-09-2002, 11:59 AM
DukeBuckhorn
Not sure if it's the case w/ MSN, but many ISP's will allow you to upgrade your membership to broadband. If they don't, it sure would be a good idea considering they're investing so much in a broadband only service

Unfortunately, MSN's broadband is not available in my area or I would have made that call a long time ago.

There are several broadband providers in the area and one of them is down to 30 bucks a month running at speeds of 75kps. I am just not going to switch and still pay another 20 bucks.

DZNUTZ
10-09-2002, 12:09 PM
shoot lev
i pay 50 just for my BB isp
come on mr short arms, deep pockets.
bread some bread cheapo

Leviathon
10-09-2002, 12:26 PM
I will be the first to admitt that I am the money spender at the house. However, I can't justify another 30 bucks right now.

Do you agree or heard of microsoft proposing to do such actions as wiping out there contracts?

Duke
10-09-2002, 12:31 PM
I just can't imagine that MS null your contract since they do provide broadband.

Even if it's not in your area, their argument will be that they do provide it. And keep in mind that MSN probably has never had a single conversation w/ anyone in the XBL division (well maybe one or two)

Again, it sucks. My only suggestion would to email them privately (which you've probably already done) and try and resolve it that way. But if they're anything like my current ISP, your contract is more or less set in stone.

RudedogX
10-09-2002, 12:33 PM
I agree that that would be a good business move, and since you can't change to broadband...have you tried to call MS and see what they think of that idea? Check to see if they will do that.

It would be a great business move for them if they are really concerned about getting people on Live (despite the fact that they'd lose some money)