PDA

View Full Version : Nfl 2k3 Or Nba 2k3???

squid413
10-09-2002, 04:19 PM
Ok i'm gonna trade in my THPS3 at thexboxstop.com and was wondering if i should get NBA2k3 or NFL2k3. I liked NBA2k3 last year but am not sure if i want basketball or football. Also on thexboxstop i can't trade for NBA2k3 yet and i don't want THPS3 to be downgraded to bronze (Its gold right now) but i have the printout form to trade in THPS3 for NFL2k3 saved in my favorites so that if THPS3 does become bronze i can just print out the form for NFL2k3.:D

KingAvi2k3
10-11-2002, 08:49 PM
If I was you. get both of them.

squid413
10-12-2002, 11:03 AM
If I was you. get both of them.

I would get both if i could but i want to get one and then also get UC.

xboxteen
10-12-2002, 09:36 PM
Ill get NFl 2k3

Woocifer
10-13-2002, 01:10 AM
I would personally get NBA 2k3 over NFL...

The football game is just not properly implemented. The teams are way too in tuned to what you are about to do, and if they aren't, all it takes is a tiny tap for your receiver to drop the ball. I tried to turn down the difficulty to make it a little more fair but the game just feels WAY too solid...so instead of playing football as someone would do in their mind as a human, you have to play it as if you were the AI and that just sucks... you shouldn't have to adapt to a games code to play like it. I'd rather play football as football. If I make a pass that is caught and am not tackled, rather just pushed, I shouldn't drop the ball...

other than the feeling that its just too tight of a game, it is really cool...well...except for the background art...thats just horrible hehe

NBA 2K3 on the other hand feels more loose and natural to play than 2k2 did. They have improved a lot of the annoyances and made it move a little more fluid. I like it quite a bit actually. I say NBA 2K3 :)

Robflare
10-17-2002, 03:10 PM
It totally depends on which sport you prefer to play. I always liked hockey over basketball until I got NBA 2k2 last year. NFL 2k3 is kick ass, but incredibly hard. You can't just pick up where you left off the previous year. The stadiums look much better than Madden and Fever, the replays are the best, and the player bodies are right on. Their faces still look like magazine cut-outs pasted on the game, vs. Madden where the guys faces show emotion, but look nothing like the players themselves. The grass has to be the worst of the 3 as well. You will just have to log serious time in to get decent at this game.

I have maybe played 3 hours of NBA 2k3 so far. I'm not dissapointed, but I'm not hooked yet either. The game looks phenomenal and it plays very tough on D. The replays are kind of neat at first, but get old fast.

Longster
10-21-2002, 04:24 PM
I don't have nfl2k3, but I owned fever 2003. While it's fun and all, I hardly touch fever 2003. I play NBA 2k3 a little more than moto GP. It's quick, satisfying and competitive.

xboxteen
10-30-2002, 06:48 AM
It depends on what do you like more I personally dont think that NBA 2k3 is so great but if you like basketball alot then get it..

ash
11-06-2002, 02:23 AM
i say rent them both one at a time and play them nonstop for the week that you have them. that will give you enough time to truely get a feel for each. they take some time (nfl more so than nba) just to get competitive.

nfl is very tough to just play.
nba takes a while to learn what buttons do what and to remember just what you're supposed to do with each play. and what button calls for a pick, pass, spin, etc.

you really can't go wrong with either ,but imo nba is much cooler.