PDA

View Full Version : sweeeet! hitman 2 demo

Snoopy7548
10-09-2002, 05:35 PM
on the oxm 12 disc, theres a hidden hitman 2 demo, i found this on the forums at xboxhacker.net:

Well, I dunno if somebody else have posted this info but here we go:

I was just checking the Disc #12 on the Official Xbox Magazine, and looking throuhg the files with boXplorer, I found the Hitman 2 demo on a folder called [Application]

It wouldnt execute with boXplorer, but the video did. Then I tried with XBMP and it worked.

I guess the OXM gave us a freebie there for the hackers ( maybe the change their mind on putting the demo this month)

Also is kind of funny how this month Magazine has our Hitman Hero on the Cover

But anyways, enjoy....

PS: The demo is not availabe through the regular CD Menu, U have to browse through it with boXplorer or XBMP

hiter101
10-09-2002, 05:42 PM
wats boxplorer or xbmp???????

Snoopy7548
10-09-2002, 05:43 PM
if u have a modchip, theyre like programs u can use to like see whats on the cd's and stuff. i think

Slim Shady
10-09-2002, 06:27 PM
We should email them and ask them why they did that...
Maybe they will asnwer in the question section :)

Brevity
10-09-2002, 09:39 PM
So can you get to this through any normal way?

evil xbox king
10-10-2002, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Slim Shady
We should email them and ask them why they did that...
Maybe they will asnwer in the question section :)

They'll put the answer in a hidden spot of the game disc....and only hackers can see the answer;)

Reclaimer
10-10-2002, 02:53 AM
It seems like a mistake made by OXM or a last minute change of plans by OXM. I don't think the Official Magazine of Xbox would endorse the use of hacking. I bet this would create a media storm over at OXM if enough people found out. Or the right people. But I think their defense would be that it was an intentional change of plans and it would be easier to hide the what ever file in the disc rather than go back and take it off. Maybe they decided to release it on a later date. But since it was still there it could be seen only with Hacking programs.
Or maybe it was a mistake and it was meant to be released as normal but it ended up on a different part of a disc. You know that OXM discs are hit or miss most of the time whether or not it would work. Then OXM would deny it and re-release it the next month like nothing happened. Easy

Evil_InsidE
10-10-2002, 12:33 PM
Maybe it's an easter egg? There may be some way of getting to it through the OXM CD interface, it's just hidden. It might be available through the use of the remote. Maybe entering in a number or using the arrow keys like DVD easter eggs. It's worth a try!

I am definitely going to try looking for something tonight.

DZNUTZ
10-10-2002, 12:46 PM
i find this eXtremely interesting

please keep us informed if theirs anyway to play it w/out a mod.

TheIndustry
10-11-2002, 05:02 AM
Maybe on certain dates extra content becomes available. Like how SEGA did in PSO, when it was SEGAS B-Day everything in PSO was Sonic-a-fied.