PDA

View Full Version : game spot or not , how is blinx?!

odpr
10-09-2002, 06:36 PM
welp, talking and arguing over how bad game spot gave blinx is a waste of time, now that u have it in north amercia guys rent it and tell us how is it ?!

is it really bad,? or is it as good as mario?

TheCovenant
10-09-2002, 06:44 PM
IGN gave it an 8.8!

GAmespot ssaid it was too hard.

I'm sure most of us who find deeper gameplay value a virtue, will enjoy it. Casual gamers will like it, but will probably have to buy it and spend serios time, while hardcore gamers can most likely beat it in a rent.

I say....PLAY IT YOURSELF!

Gamespot is known for making retarded reviews. What can I say? They just dont like games that give 'em a challenge!

(probably because the harder a game is, the longer it takes them to fill out a review, which is money they are losing....)

Comic Book Guy
10-09-2002, 08:14 PM
It's a pretty fun and challenging game so far for me. I have been playing for a couple hours but I can't get past the first boss. There is also a cool option to get gold and update your items. I'd say to get it if your up for a good challenge.

Highlite23
10-10-2002, 12:10 AM
Been playing for a couple of hours......Alot of fun, a great addition to the XBOX library, challenging yes but i don't see too much difficulty.

If your playing for the first time keep 2 things in mind...

You need to collect 3-4 of the "SAME" items to give you Time powers, don't just pick up items willy nilly.

And after you get some cash and progress, go buy extra "Slots" for additional Time functions.

I really like this game alot, also got Whaked and thats fun 2.:)

Dre
10-10-2002, 11:18 AM
How are the graphics? Is it in Dolby Digital 5.1 sound?

Woocifer
10-10-2002, 12:06 PM
I find this game boring and flakey. The music is driving me INSANE, the movement is fine but really once you've played about 2 minutes of this game you know this is about all there is to it. Jump suck shoot...emphasize on the SUCK section and you have it.

The graphics aren't blowing my mind. I find them pretty basic actually.

So what if you can control time...why would I want to slow down this experience?

I just am not seeing the fun factor in sucking in some trash, shooting some blobs, avoiding a hazard here and there and collecting glowing lucky charms while listening to a throw back digital song that sounds like it was on the cutting room floor of a Space Channel 5 game or something.

The camera is as annoying as spidermans and that to me is enough to deter the gameplay. I felt Spiderman was harmed by this and so is Blinx. Automatically turning towards an enemy when you encounter one gets in the way of having to manually control the camera. If its going to be manual, then make it full manual otherwise you have to struggle to look a certain way.

I personally am not enjoying this game as much as the others. 5.1 DD surround? I can't tell through that annoying goofy background music... not like this game would take full advantage of that anyway.

I'm not seeing the quality of this game. Probably return it soon...There ya go, some insight from someone who actually DOESN'T like the game and does not work for Gamespot.

I'd rent this if I were you Dre.

fowlowl
10-10-2002, 12:38 PM
Blinx is a lot slicker than some are giving it credit for. The audience who will enjoy Blinx is more selective than say a game like Halo. But the time control option alone makes it worth buying.

The graphics I think are great. One of the few games with graphics that prides artistic prowess over technical prowess.

Dre
10-10-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer
I'd rent this if I were you Dre.

Thanks bro, I shall heed your advice. That kinda sucks though, I had high expectations for this game

Woocifer
10-10-2002, 03:16 PM
Dre it might be your game you never know...that's why I say rent it first. I know we have agreed with a lot in the past, but we have also had polar tastes at times.

But in truth and respect I say rent it. I personally did not enjoy this game at all. Someone at EB asked why I returned it and I explained my observations on it and they took it from being put to the side to the next rental they have. I mean really whats a couple bucks when you're going to risk spending like 90 or something....

MixMasta
10-10-2002, 05:06 PM
now i am having second thoughts again, i guess ill rent it then!

Discretion
10-10-2002, 06:58 PM
Well, I wanted Blinx, saw all the good games coming out. And than I thought SCREW BLINX! I am getting THPS4 and UC :D

Blinx looks just too lame now. I guess I got caught in a bit of hype... Not that I thought it was going to be GREAT though

jbp641
10-11-2002, 01:37 AM
It is very good...not a bad camera at all...nice graphics....good controls...makes you wanna keep playing.

EHWfedPres
10-11-2002, 07:39 PM
I think Blinx sucks a big áss fat one...horrible game, dont waste your time...

hey, if you dont like my opinion, just think that I probably dont like your either, and im not crying about it...

Stride
10-12-2002, 06:54 PM
Damn man you can be a real *****, you know that :D ( Ment in a funny way so no need to get angry or defensive :) )

Dre
10-13-2002, 11:47 AM
Hey woo!

My buddy bought this game, and I think this is one of those polar tastes times :>

I really really like this game! Graphics are incredible and gameplay is lots of fun. Also, as I've been playing, I've been noticing more and more nuances in the game and little things and strategies are starting to appear. Its really quite a cool game! I was missing a game of this sorts on Xbox. And let me tell you once more, the graphics are crazy! I'm on stage 5 now and so far every stage has its own uniqueness and pecularities. refreshing!

EHWfedPres
10-14-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Stride
Damn man you can be a real *****, you know that :D ( Ment in a funny way so no need to get angry or defensive :) )

Yeah, i know. So many people tell me that, but I dont see their problem. If they dont like my opinion on the game, tough luck. Im not goung to do anything about it so dont cry about it.

Stride = a cool guy :)

Stride
10-14-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Stride = a cool guy :)

I agree :D