PDA

View Full Version : AHHHHHH! help me I might go crazy

BadBoywannaB
11-12-2001, 09:44 PM
Ok on nov 5th I was lucky enough to get one of the bundles at amazon.com so I'm thinking to myself this is great i'll get an xbox in a day away from the launch the 16th because of shipping. Well seems like I won't as the expected shipping date is the 16th and delivery on the 19th. Now I thought one day was bad but 4 days after launch that's too long for me I might go crazy. So what do I do. Do I A) Hope that they ship the Xbox's out on the 14th so I would get it on the 15th or B) hope that they ship early the 15th so it would get to the post office in time for next day air. Now the shiping dates are just estimates but still It makes me concerened. Does anyone have info on shipping dates, and do you think it will take them 24hrs to do the order on the 15th. Oh and another thing I added the strategy guides to Oddworld and Halo to my bundle but it says that they're not published yet but that they will be realeased before launch. So should I leave them in my order or take them out just incase something happens? Please any help would be appreciated as I'm sure i'm not alone on this and that many will find that next day shipping means your screwed by the weekend you should be playing your brand spanking new xbox on but sadly won't.
Thanks in Advanced,
BadBoywannaB

Frostberg
11-12-2001, 10:07 PM
Whattt? I also ordered mine the 5th, 7:07pm EST to be exact :) I dont know why yours says that, maybe a bug? On the main page for my order it says "Not Yet Shipped: 1 item - delivery estimate: November 16" I dont understand why yours would be later than mine, as the preorders were suppost to be just what Amazon was getting in and no more. Anything you add shouldnt affect your order, even if your guides are not on time, because the Xbox bundle will ship seperately from everything else in your order, thats why you have to pay that $10 surcharge. If they dont ship on the 15th, call everywhere around you and see if they have it...if they do cancel amazon order. But I suspect that your order will ship on time. If it doesnt, you better write a nice (lol) letter telling amazon your frustration anyd maybe you can get a gift certificate out of the pain they caused you.

xboxman_1
11-12-2001, 10:55 PM
Amazon is usually wrong on their shipping estimates. Beleive me, I've bought a lot of stuff from there. Everytime I get standard shipping(3-5 business days) It gets to my mailbox in two days. I think you'll probably get the xbox on friday, if not, surely saturday. I've gotten a lot of amazon stuff on saturdays.

jeah
11-13-2001, 01:16 AM
Mine says the same and I preordered the same day. I did second day shipping and it says it's due for delivery on monday.

Just checked my account and it isn't shipping till the 17th now, won't get to me until the 21st. Now that is starting to get rediculous.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

kiz10
11-13-2001, 01:20 AM
Hey XboxMan, that one awesome pic.:p

Rancey
11-13-2001, 01:23 AM
Yeah, but could you make it smaller...it makes it so that you need to scroll sideways to see it all.

scarecrow kfj
11-13-2001, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by jeah
Mine says the same and I preordered the same day. I did second day shipping and it says it's due for delivery on monday.

Just checked my account and it isn't shipping till the 17th now, won't get to me until the 21st. Now that is starting to get rediculous.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Second day shipping wouldnt get to you until mon. most places arnt shipping until the 15th and second day air is usualy two buisness days

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 12:38 PM
To kill time, read the manuals of the games or go and purchase an XBox magazine...or better yet, come to XBoxAddict.com :D

BadBoywannaB
11-13-2001, 05:21 PM
just wanted some more advice it says the 16th because it takes 24hrs to process but do you guys think there is a chance i will get it on friday? Oh and is it true that they've made at least 800.000's XBOX's so if it is should i cancel my bundle if it doesn't ship on the 15th and try and find one? Thanks guys