PDA

View Full Version : Greg Was Wrong!

fowlowl
10-09-2002, 11:47 PM
I just bought Blinx. Don't listen to the Blinx haters; I think this is a fantastic game--find out for yourself how good it is. The graphics are highly aesthetic and visually pleasing. I cant stop staring at Blinx. And the gameplay is terrific. While it's true the camera isnt the best, it's very managble and even suprisingly helpful at times.

When it comes to using the time manipulation features, even the best trailors cant do it enough justice. It's just like using Bullet-time in Max Payne for the first time. Your heart will skip a beat, and you'll be left speechless.

And all the whining about the frustration is ridiculously and unfairly portrayed in the reviews. While you do get a quick death by a single blow, the game rewinds to the moment right before you died and you just keep going (you do have a limited number of lives though). It's not very frustrating when you just rewind and move on. I never had a concern with Blinx moving too slow, either.

I cant wait till this game gets very tough. And by the way, the vacuum in Blinx is much funner than other vacuums in game's like Luigi's Mansion.

I'm glad i went with my instincts and bought Blinx.

Bakeman
10-09-2002, 11:49 PM
I'm gonna rent this one first.. I just bought Conflict Desert Storm and NBA 2k3 so my wallet is hurting at the moment.

Sounds like a fun game though. I have never been much of a fan of these types of games. But it sounds like Blinx is taking these types of games to a new level, so I definitly want to check it out.

Halo Evolved
10-10-2002, 07:30 AM
I bought NBA 2k3 as well......rented DESERT STORM and thankful I did since the game was pretty crappy next to playing SOCOM.