PDA

View Full Version : Whacked! Is FUN!

dcsatt
10-10-2002, 11:28 AM
Seriously. Multiplayer on one box, System Link, and XBox Live -- I can see hours of multiplayer fun with this game. The single player "gameshow" mode is more than worthwhile. Just playing through the first three rooms on level 1, I was able to see how they've given a lot of attention to detail for multi-player. Leader beam, etc. Catching on to the control scheme is superfast -- nothing technical, graphics are great, level design is extremely creative. It's not a blood and gore shoot-em-up-chop-em-up type of game, but it looks to be solidly entertaining...especially on sys. link or Live. Seriously -- a variety of multiplayer titles is what we need. How boring would it get if all there was was FPS, racing, and football?
Fun, fun, fun.

Just my $.02

xboxed79
10-10-2002, 03:26 PM
cool man,
yeah i am waiting for my Live Trial copy from M$ hopefully i will have it in my mailbox today

symposiumx
10-14-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by dcsatt
Seriously. Multiplayer on one box, System Link, and XBox Live -- I can see hours of multiplayer fun with this game. The single player "gameshow" mode is more than worthwhile. Just playing through the first three rooms on level 1, I was able to see how they've given a lot of attention to detail for multi-player. Leader beam, etc. Catching on to the control scheme is superfast -- nothing technical, graphics are great, level design is extremely creative. It's not a blood and gore shoot-em-up-chop-em-up type of game, but it looks to be solidly entertaining...especially on sys. link or Live. Seriously -- a variety of multiplayer titles is what we need. How boring would it get if all there was was FPS, racing, and football?
Fun, fun, fun.

Just my $.02

Very true!!
the game has 4 Stages with 9 "games' apiece so that is a total of 36 "minigames" + bonus level. The game is worthwhile to replay as different characters, as the cutscences are slightly differnt. The humor and attention to gameplay was well done. I enjoyed the twisted little "...and now a word from out sponsor" inbetween the games. Well done!

John002
10-14-2002, 05:17 PM
Is this game available now? I looked for it over the weekend but couldn't find it anywhere.
:)

symposiumx
10-14-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by John002
Is this game available now? I looked for it over the weekend but couldn't find it anywhere.
:)

yeah i rented it at Hollywood Video.

CrazyCougar
10-14-2002, 05:38 PM
Personally this wasnt my style of game. But I can see it as being fun for a lot of others. enjoy. I'll play MotoGP instead..LOL

symposiumx
10-14-2002, 05:42 PM
basically, if you like the humor of Oddworld....mixed with some multi-play like fuzion frenzy, and add it some crazy weapons (i.e. dodgballs, exploding rubber duckies, the PLAGUE) on various well designed levels with various games (collect X amount of stars first, last man standing, kill the most people, king of the hill, etc) then you'll have a blast with this game.

John002
10-14-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx
basically, if you like the humor of Oddworld....mixed with some multi-play like fuzion frenzy, and add it some crazy weapons (i.e. dodgballs, exploding rubber duckies, the PLAGUE) on various well designed levels with various games (collect X amount of stars first, last man standing, kill the most people, king of the hill, etc) then you'll have a blast with this game.

How's single player? or is this mostly a multiplayer game?

symposiumx
10-14-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by John002

How's single player? or is this mostly a multiplayer game?

its actually mostly single player (you play through the game as one contestant versus other contestants (controlled by the computer)).

the multiplayer is for mini matches where you can select which contestants, # of players, stages, weapons, game type, timelimit/kills/stars, etc.

its a good renter....check it out

TheCovenant
10-14-2002, 06:03 PM
I honestly did not know what this game was about
i was looking forward to the demo on the xbox live starter kit, i dont wanna rent it cause im getting Ghost recon, unreal, and mechAssault (+the xbox live starter kit). Ill play the demo, if its worth it, i might get it. Most likely ill be spending more cash on Marvel vs capcom, splinter cell, metal gear solid 2, soul calibur 2, Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball,Ninja Gaiden, B.C. or fable.............

So you see with so many important games out, its easy for a not-Revolutionary game to slip between the cracks of gaming history...........

P.S. (sorry about my sig........."for all you 56k'ers anyway....." but here it is again!)

John002
10-14-2002, 06:12 PM
So many games coming out, so little money.
:(

POD13259
10-14-2002, 09:15 PM
Too true.

robnyack
10-20-2002, 01:05 PM
I had absolutely no interest in Whacked in the least when I first heard about it. Then it was sent to me on the XBL startup disk, and I tried it out.

After my first time playing it, Live, it further solidified my initial thoughts that I wanted nothing to do with this game. Then, out of boredom one night, I decided to try it again. One match led to another and that led to 50 others. Next thing you know, I'm LOVING this game!!!

So much in fact, I went out and bought the full version yesterday. And the full verson is much better than the demo would lead you to believe. This game is a blast!

I like the single player mode. Reviews seem to suggest that is the weak part of the game, but so far, I am having riot as a contestent on this wacky game show (wacky commercials and advertisements included!!). I would agree though with some of the reviews that say the single play could get old rather fast because many of the games are fairly similar. But, so far, not a problem.

Alot of really cool levels and games left off the demo version. Playing these levels online is also a blast.

Excellent graphics, whacked out characters, insane killer weapons, over-the-top violence, all mixed in with some good humor. How can you go wrong??

LynxFX
10-21-2002, 02:59 PM
If you get Live, You MUST get Whacked! I would put this up with the top three must haves for Live. For me it is the top. The multiplayer is a blast online, and I had only been playing the demo. Now that I got the full version there is SOOOO much more to this game.

Going through single player is just as much fun. The replay value on this game is enormous. The maps are very creative and alot of fun. One of them is a pickup truck being chased by a cop and you are playing in the back of the pickup and you can jump over to the cop car. Not only that but you can light a propane torch and burn everyone in the truck. (funny 'word from our sponser' about that too.)

There are tons of weapons and special items throughout the game. Each character also has a special special move that is activated rarely in the last level (round 4) which is the Exclamation point.

For anyone on the edge about this, I say go for it. It is satisfying in singleplayer but it is unstoppable on Live.

I am 3 games away from the Prize. :D

PS Dodgeball is the best!!