PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Microsoft Hockey and Baseball games???

JimmieDoogan
10-10-2002, 02:21 PM
Do they not believe the sectors of sports to be integral to their lineup? I would love to play NHL Deke or NHL Slap Shot (what would they call it?) or even WSB GrandSlam made by Microsoft. Whats up with this? You'd think a company so commited to offering us everything they can (and they are as they have shown) would be utilizing these sectors. Hopefully they'll stop ignoring us Hockey and baseball fans and hook us up. But what do yall think, what should they call the games.

Knight
10-10-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
Do they not believe the sectors of sports to be integral to their lineup? I would love to play NHL Deke or NHL Slap Shot (what would they call it?) or even WSB GrandSlam made by Microsoft. Whats up with this? You'd think a company so commited to offering us everything they can (and they are as they have shown) would be utilizing these sectors. Hopefully they'll stop ignoring us Hockey and baseball fans and hook us up. But what do yall think, what should they call the games.

EA & Sega makes them!!

JimmieDoogan
10-10-2002, 02:33 PM
EA and SEGA also make Football and basketball games.... umm... hello.... is anyone there... :p :D

So whats the point to releasing Football and Basketball games if EA and Sega make em? I want a Hockey game that utilizes the amazing abilities my Xbox offers. Granted the Sega game will be a step in the right direction, but will not look as good as it could. GURANTEED!!!!!!!! Microsoft would make sure the game looks the best a Hockey game has ever looked. And quite possibly they could make them play just as good as they look. Whats with the dis?

Chr0nik
10-10-2002, 03:12 PM
I think the reason they are not making these types of games is because companies like sega and EA have been around much longer with their product and have already developed their loyal fanbase. It would take MS way to long to catch up to EA and Sega.

SlightlySycho
10-10-2002, 03:31 PM
Probably a stronger market for football and basketball games. Of course, trying to break into those markets does involve the struggle of trying to break strong consumer loyalties.

According to OXM (Oct 02), there seem to be alot of hockey fans at Microsoft. A hockey game (possibly NHL Cold Shoulder?) would seem like an inevitability.

JimmieDoogan
10-10-2002, 03:59 PM
That would rock so much. All my friends are hockey fans (as well as basketball and football... but I have no baseball friends... too boring a spot I guess) and I used to collect baseball cards. Hell once upon a time I had a Jose Consaco rookie card. But life and it's little twists and turns. Hope something cool comes out. Like the cold shoulder thing. What do yall think they'd name these games. Hell we could be the ones who name it if we think of something cool enough.