PDA

View Full Version : Read This, I Need To Get The Word Out About Nfs!!!!!

K-Rock
10-10-2002, 03:34 PM
General / Summary: it's a great raceing game but has alot missing. first off EA canada makes it and they suck. Black ops. makes the PS2 version which they made the original versions of NFS. the game is great for an XBOX title. but if you got a PS2 get that version. you won't have 5.1 sound and great graphics (cause the FU&*ing system sucks but you'll love the gameplay. whats does the PS2 version have that the others don't? well, only 2 features that would make the game fun as hell. first is the ability to hit the matrix button when ever you want. not only when you go over a bump and catch some air. also it has a kick !&%$@#* look ahead feature. theres this missle looking thing that fires out of the car and goes a certain distance. it allows you to see road blocks, up coming cops, spikes, or choppers. it also helps to see if theres any cars over the hills. (anyone who has played knows how fustrating it is when you hit a car while running away from the cops. thats basically it. but trust me play both versions and you'll say what i said..."FU**ING CANADIANS" No offense remember it is EA.

Gameplay: Great but missing the features i told you guys about in the overall part on top. read it and you'll know what i mean.

Visual: graphics were kick ass. i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw the cars. there simply great....oh it's True.

Sound: hey it's 5.1 what more can you ask for. simply fantastic job with the sound. just get the features i stated about in the overall part.

Suggestions to Developer: OK NOW LISTEN GET THE FEATURES YOU GUYS PUT IN THE PS2 VERSION. YOU STUPID CANADIANS (EA CANADA MADE THE GAME)

MerimacHamwich
10-10-2002, 03:40 PM
It isn't only EA canada that doesn't like xbox. Look at any EA game. They could all be optimized for the box but aren't.

Spaztic
10-10-2002, 04:09 PM
I agree this game might be missing something from the ps2 version but I got it and I must say that this game ownz! I really think it is one of the better games in my library. Since I don't have a ps2 and don't read about what its missing I don't care...This is still a really great game that is awsome to race with 2 people.....by the way the cars are better on this game then any other ever made! Its got the mclaren!

Chr0nik
10-10-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by K-Rock
FU**ING CANADIANS" No offense remember it is EA.

YOU STUPID CANADIANS (EA CANADA MADE THE GAME)

So I guess any crappy game made by a US developer would warrant the same types of comments?

K-Rock
10-11-2002, 10:26 AM
yes, sorry if i offended you about my comments it was aimed at EA not Canadians.

Innotech
10-14-2002, 01:21 PM
even PS2 version pales in comparison to all the features NFSHP2 will have on PC. Im waiting this one out very anxiously.

Innotech
10-14-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
I agree this game might be missing something from the ps2 version but I got it and I must say that this game ownz! I really think it is one of the better games in my library. Since I don't have a ps2 and don't read about what its missing I don't care...This is still a really great game that is awsome to race with 2 people.....by the way the cars are better on this game then any other ever made! Its got the mclaren!

Correction, any other RACING SERIES ever made.

Previous supercars in this NFS series (on PC anyway)

NFSSE
-Acura NSX
-Mazda RX7
-Ferrari 512TR
-Lamborghini Diablo
-Porsche 993 Carrera 911
-Dodge Viper GTS
-Toyota Supra
-Chevrolet corvette ZR1

NFS2SE (my absolute favorite)
-Mclaren F1 (see I told you :))
-Ferrari F50
-Ferrari 355 F1
-Ford GT90 (Sega GT is not first)
-Ford mustang Mach III concept
-Ford Indigo (the sweetest damn car you will ever see. Like a street legal F1 car but lighter smaller and more radical than Ferrari Enzo. Handles like a dream)
-Isdera Commendatore (Mercedes V12 powered German supercar not many people know about. It has 4 gullwing doors. 2 normal doors, but 2 actual gullwing ENGINE BAY doors!)
-Jaguar XJ220
Italdesign Nazca C2 (one of the most beautiful supercars in the world)
Italdesign Cala (baby lamborghini with a sweet sounding V8)
Lotus GT1 (you cant tell me you never wanted to drive theis beautiful car)
Lotus Esprit V8

NFSHP (hot pursuit 1)

-Ferrari 456M (official download)
-Spectre R42 (official download)
-Chevrolet Corvette C5
-Mercedes SL600
-Jaguar XK8
Aston-Martin DB7
-ItalDesign Scighera
-Lister Storm (official download)
-Lamborghini Diablo SV
-Lamborghini Countach 25th
-Ferrari 355F1 Spider
-Ferrari 550 maranello
-Jaguar Sport XJR-15
-Mercedes CLK-GTR
-Chevrolet Corvette C5 (police pursuit version)
-Lamborghini Diablo SV (police pursuit version)

NFS High Stakes
- BMW M5
- BMW Z3
- Chevrolet Corvette C5
- Chevrolet Camaro Z28
- Ferrari 550 Maranello
- Ferrari F50
- Jaguar XKR
- Lamborghini Diablo SV
- McLaren F1 GTR
- Mercedes CLK GTR
- Mercedes SLK 230
- Pontiac Firebird T/A
- Porsche 911 Turbo
- BMW M5 (pursuit)
- Chevrolet Corvette C5 (pursuit)
- Lamborghini Diablo SV(pursuit)
- Porsche 911 Turbo (pursuit)

NFSPorsche
-too damn many. 80 Porsches including the 993 turbo and 996 turbo, the old 935 Moby ****, Porsche GT1 98 LM and even dowloadable 959, GT2 993, and 928!

So as you can see, the series has had lots more exotica than nFSHP2. NFSHP2 actually has a relatively light array of exotica compared to NFS2SE or NFSHP but its got more cars.

Innotech
10-15-2002, 09:06 AM
****. I retract the stement of it being better. It seems EA screwed over its biggest fans, the PC crowd, and neglected to add in the PS2 extras. That to me is incredibly bad judgement, seeing as it has already lost a ton of potential buyers in the PC online NFS gaming community. I will sit on the sidelines and see from others if the PC version does have all the extras, but I played the demo, and right off you can tell some htings are terribly wrong. For example, the speed is pretty good, but there are graphical problems, the AI does some funny things sometimes, and the textures are a bit fuzzy. I hope to God they fixed these things in the full game, but from the demo (which is quite fun though) I dont see a reason to buy it, and I really REALLY want a PS2 right now.

K-Rock
10-15-2002, 11:54 AM
i'll be honest with you guys. i was thinking about getting a ps2 just it never really interested me. all i cared about was GTA 3 and now GTA VC is coming out and i want to play them. but i need to have one more game that would make me get it. so $300 in credit card debt later i have GTA GTA VC on itt's way and need for speed hot pursuite 2. to be honest NFS is what pushed me over the top. i've always loved the series. and i'm francklly getting tiered of EA fuc*ing me in the ass with the games. atleast we are getting Battlefield 1942. i think it's the contracts they got with sony becuase the microsoft rep at my store told me next year all EA games are gonna be online and take advantage of the systems hardware. i guess it's something to look forward to.

K-Rock

Innotech
10-29-2002, 09:04 AM
But you know what hurts the most? EA has released 5 absolutely incredible stellar almost AAA quality racing games in the NFS series, and this one is the first to be developed for PS2 first. This really pains me, because my favorite PC racing game of all time has gone to the crapper because its a got damn port. It doesnt even have the features the original other 5 games had like replay and dashboards! ALL THE OTHER ONES HAD THAT! This IMO is NOT a game worthy of NFS title. I call it just Need for need for speed:police AI suck. I am so mad basically, because the PC gamers have kept this series alive for years. for example, NFS3 in 1998...still thriving because of car and track mods...NFS4 very very much alive after 3 years because again car, menu, track, police, performance, even helicopter mods! We have kept the games popular and many people bought the PC games just BECAUSE OF THE MODS! So EA has royally screwed themselves. But they dont care, as long as the game sells well. I know it will, because many people like the idea behind the game. but it is not new to the series (since NFs3 actually) and it is NOT THE SAME!