PDA

View Full Version : How long does morrowind actually take?

Stride
10-10-2002, 07:13 PM
I was wondering, how long does it take to have really finished Morrowind? Because I'm going to get it, and from what i understand it takes a very long time too finish but it doesn't really say how long exactly. So if anyone could fill me in on it i'd appreciate it.

SlightlySycho
10-10-2002, 09:57 PM
Depends. Technically, it'd take a very long while to complete everything since you'd need to build up several characters as some paths close when you join certain guilds. But if you mean how long does it take to complete the main story . . . well, it still depends. It's highly advisable that you take some side quests to help build up your character (Guilds, Houses, freelancing, etc.). But if you were to just do the main quests one after the other (presuming you didn't die), and happened to know exactly where you were going . . . I dunno. Forty Eight total hours, perhaps. Bare minimum.

Stride
10-11-2002, 06:11 AM
Oh ok so it'll probably take like twice maby three times that long if you do some side quest and do die. Well ok thx for the info.

RudedogX
10-11-2002, 12:45 PM
Maybe even 5 times as long. This game definetly has replay value if you like it.

Stride
10-11-2002, 01:43 PM
5 times as long :eek: That's even better :D

EHWfedPres
10-11-2002, 07:36 PM
It's as long as you want it to take. Games are not like movies, they all dont end at a specific time. Everyone works at different paces and does different things. I myself buy games to have fun, so I have not even touched the boring as hell main quest yet and I dont plan on it either...why? because I have this little thing called an IMAGINATION. I do what I want in morrowind, not what Bethesda would like me to do.

Having the game since the minute it came out, hours of play nearly every day since, still having loads of fun and saying F*CK the main quest...and you ask how long it is? It's a video game...if you want to play it for 58 days straight, go for it. If you want to play it 3 minutes and return it, fine by me...

Stride
10-11-2002, 08:05 PM
Ok so you can play it for as long as you like. But why don't you play the main quest if you can keep playing after your done with that anyways I don't see why you shouldn't take it. it's not like it's gonna effect your IMAGINATION or anything it just adds another dimension to the game right?

Stride
10-11-2002, 08:11 PM
Oh and sorry i didn't state the main question right. I ment to ask how long the main quest and the things surrounding the main quest would take. I already knew you could play the game itself for as long as you liked. My bad

SlightlySycho
10-11-2002, 10:44 PM
Same difference. About forty eight hours if you go from quest to quest without doing anything in between. I don't think it's possible, though. You'd be too weak, not to mention seriously strapped for cash if you did everything legitimately.

Before you start, keep in mind that it's extremely hard to level up at first. Not only are you skill rolls quite crappy, but the monster spawn rate is practically non-existant. It picks up after level five though. Up until then, you'll be feeling like you're walking through mud. After that, you're gaining three levels a day up until level fifteen.

Black_Tek
10-12-2002, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
Same difference. About forty eight hours if you go from quest to quest without doing anything in between. I don't think it's possible, though. You'd be too weak, not to mention seriously strapped for cash if you did everything legitimately.

Before you start, keep in mind that it's extremely hard to level up at first. Not only are you skill rolls quite crappy, but the monster spawn rate is practically non-existant. It picks up after level five though. Up until then, you'll be feeling like you're walking through mud. After that, you're gaining three levels a day up until level fifteen.
Thats a pretty good desypher....thats true...I t was pretty hard at the begining to lvl up man.....I had been playing this game for almost 6 months Gee and I am still lvl 40...I guess there is nobody on the face of the earth will get any other RPG game if it wasn't as or better than "MORROWIND"...peace.... and thanx for your help and support....:)

Stride
10-12-2002, 10:25 AM
Thanks everyone for all the info. Now all thats left for me is too wait for it to come out. It's gonna hit the shelfs in six days here in Holland (these are going to be the longest six days of my life:( )Ohh well at least I know it's worth the wait.

EHWfedPres
10-12-2002, 03:37 PM
Doing the main quest takes less than 12 hours. Go ahead and waste time with all those dumbass chorse and crap, just build up a character (takes little time if you know what to do), kill vivec to get wraithguard, get the planbook and journal and have the fatass dwarf enchant it for you. Then get keening and sunder and kill Dagoth Ur and you're done in one long sitting, unless you drink alot of soad and have to urinate, but you know what I mean...

Main quest is dumb anyway. Go out and have fun! After all, isnt that the point of buying a video game in the first place?

mmattai
10-12-2002, 04:54 PM
Maybe he'll have fun doing the Main Quest. Maybe he would enjoy the storyline and the satisfaction of completing the Main Quest. And not the back-path way that you proposed either. Isn't that what makes Morrowind such a good game, anybody can play it the way they like without somebody trying to force upon them their way.

Stride
10-12-2002, 05:31 PM
Well I'll just see what happens :D