PDA

View Full Version : Please help a fellow gammer out. Please!

DarkMatter
10-10-2002, 07:57 PM
Ok i found while playing Hitman 2 that when I puched pause that when I scroll threw the menus, Directly across from the one I have selected the screen is pulled in a bit and looks distorted. I don't notice when I play games. I thaught it was just Hitman 2 but I noticed it does in some stuff on my Xbox Dashboard (Not The one you first see...I mean like in Xbox live acount and stuff). So I tried swithing AV paks and switching T.V's but it still does it:mad: But you only can notice it of you look, So could you guys look in your games (Mostly Hitman 2) and see if it's not just mine? Thanks ALOT!!

PS: I have a EB warenty to take ion my Xbox and get a new one but I don't wanna lose my Xbox LIVE account and all my Saved games:confused:

Nerrad529
10-10-2002, 09:09 PM
Never noticed any of that stuff on my xbox maybe xbox live is messin up your system??? Dunno but good luck with ur system.

DarkMatter
10-10-2002, 09:13 PM
Hmm...I'am not sure if it is from Xbox Live or not? Well like I said could someone with Hitman 2 cheack? Thanks alot:)

smack119
10-11-2002, 12:07 AM
i have hitman2, while im not at it playing right now i dont recall noticing anything like that when i was playing.... ill check it out for sure tomorrow for you

DarkMatter
10-11-2002, 09:00 AM
Ok Thanks alot;)

Zion
10-11-2002, 09:05 AM
Do you plug straight into the TV or go through some kind of switcher first?

DarkMatter
10-11-2002, 09:19 AM
I go straight to my TV. I use component Video, But like I said I checked connections and tried a different TV and used different AV paks.

K-Rock
10-11-2002, 10:18 AM
well theres only one logical thing to do. borrow a friends xbox and connect it to the same TV with the Same av pack and see if it works. if not then take back your XBOX. oh and that whole loseing you xbox live account. once you run the orriginal disk again theres a account recovery option. also it should be on the memory card you got (the orange one) go in to the xbox live options and save it to you memory card. then when you switch xboxs. just run account recovery. later bro.

DarkMatter
10-11-2002, 11:02 AM
Yea I deleted my Xbox lIVe account off of my XBox but hade it on my Memory Card. I tried it and it worked so now I'am taking back my Xbox and loosing all my Saves and music:( But I'll get a bran new Xbox:D

JJaX
10-11-2002, 11:47 AM
http://members.cox.net/xboxfaq/faq.htm

Most likely you have set your Xbox display mode to "widescreen", but your TV is not configured to support a widescreen image. Either set your TV to widescreen mode or change your Xbox display mode to "normal".

Go into your Dashboard and make sure its not on Wide screen or 16:9 ratio

Just a shot in the dark...........

DarkMatter
10-11-2002, 12:50 PM
Yea That's what I thaught but it wasen't it:( Well I'am just gonna take it in:D

K-Rock
10-11-2002, 02:04 PM
it's nice to see how everyone tried to help. one more thing call
1-800-4MY-XBOX see what they say.

DarkMatter
10-11-2002, 10:58 PM
I tried them awile ago...They have no clue at ALL!! Everyone here has helped me more then them, Thanks again guys!. Ok so I got my new XBox and it STILL does it!! If it's not the TV or connections or Xbox then what the **** is it:eek: It doesn't screw up my game but just noing that sumthing is wrong makes me made:mad:

K-Rock
10-12-2002, 04:18 AM
you have a really strange problem...my advise would be to live with it. plus some games let you ajust the screen. once you do that maybe you'll calibrate it and it will keep that position. i forget what game lets you do that????i think it was commandos 2.

K-Rock

stang46
10-12-2002, 08:50 AM
What kind of TV are you playing on? It sounds like you have a geometry error on the TV. Can you verify that the picture is distorted with any other sources like DVD or regular cable TV? Most TVs have the controls to enter the service menu so you can fix geometric distortions like this.

If you are playing on any kind of rear projection TV I'm almost 100% this is most likely the problem.

DarkMatter
10-12-2002, 11:56 AM
Yea I'am just gonna live with it, But like I said I tried numerous T.V's and they all do it..Even with different Xbox's it still does.

I'am using a 24" flat screen Zenith TV, With component I think...You know the red,blue and umm...I forget, it's the HDTV pak) and I use Surround sound:cool: So I'am not sure:confused: