PDA

View Full Version : NBA2K3: What the instruction book didn't tell you!

Nas
10-10-2002, 11:59 PM
Alright, I just picked this game up yesterday, and i'm loving it. It is great! but how do u utilize that pivot move? everytime i use it, i just sit there and move the ball around, then get it stolen. I know that's not how u use it correctly...so how do u use the white button pivot move effectively?

Bakeman
10-11-2002, 10:23 AM
LOL this is great... I remember the NFL 2k3 one...

I'm not totally sure how.. I'm still learning myself..

but if you hold the white button down.. then move your anolog stick in different directions your player pivot steps..

I like pushing like left and he does like a jab step and the defender sometimes takes a step back then I have a open jumper or a bit of a lane on the right to run to..

Anyways this is a great thread for peeps to post stuff we find helpful or what not that book doesn't tell us.

INPUT PEEPS INPUT! :)

Craig35_007
10-12-2002, 02:29 PM
I like using the right analog stick to pass instead of using A, esp on fast breaks because it seems they wait for the ball sometimes if you use A.

Also, the white pivot move, is great if you have a good shooter and you want to create some room.

good luck

Bakeman
10-12-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Craig35_007
I like using the right analog stick to pass instead of using A, esp on fast breaks because it seems they wait for the ball sometimes if you use A.

Also, the white pivot move, is great if you have a good shooter and you want to create some room.

good luck

HUH!?!?!?!?! you can use the right anolog stick to pass??!?!?!?!?!

Bakeman
10-12-2002, 04:44 PM
How about that!!!

I open up the book and there it is! I totally missed that before...

boy o boy now I gotta try that!

treyz3
10-13-2002, 12:56 PM
Well, here are some things the manual doesn't tell you that I see as problems that need fixed:

You can't go to the substitutions option at a dead ball and get your subs in the game. You must have done this PRIOR to the dead ball.

A one-shot free throw doesn't count as a dead ball (no substitutions before or after).

All I've found, so far.

Bakeman
10-14-2002, 12:09 AM
how about simulated cpu games during franchise mode?

my friend has already started one... he told me he plays at 8 minute quarters.. but the computer guys are still averaging like 40 minutes a game.

Anyone know about this?

bxm196
10-14-2002, 12:11 AM
When you set up your season you decide what length your quarters are and what length the quarters will be for the simulated games. Only way to fix it is to start the season over and set both the same way.

Bakeman
10-14-2002, 01:12 AM
thanks for the info..

I'll let my friend know..

and I'll keep it in mind when I start mine.

Halo Evolved
10-14-2002, 07:22 AM
Hey, I remember in NBA 2k2 you could call for 2 team mates to knock the ball carrier around and he'd drop the ball allowing you to grab it.....how do you do that this time around.

Sorry for the dumb question I am retarded
LOL

Robflare
10-18-2002, 03:47 PM
Does it just randomly decide when to bounce pass or is there a way to make it do it? I've got NFL 2k3 as well. These boys need to learn how to write manuals. Also when passing the ball seems to float no matter how hard I press the button on max passing. Has anyone else noticed? Here's a tip: Create a 7'5" Center with huge arms. You'll dominate!! Just kidding.

Longster
10-21-2002, 04:20 PM
Does it just randomly decide when to bounce pass or is there a way to make it do it? I've got NFL 2k3 as well. These boys need to learn how to write manuals. Also when passing the ball seems to float no matter how hard I press the button on max passing. Has anyone else noticed? Here's a tip: Create a 7'5" Center with huge arms. You'll dominate!! Just kidding.

It depend on the pressure button. I believe it's like tap A is the bounce and hard A is chest pass. Not sure if it's the other way around.

As for the pivot, I think the white button is the pivot moves. Not sure if it helps. I hardly use those button anyway.