PDA

View Full Version : Can't Sack in NFL 2K3

Calvmann
10-10-2002, 11:59 PM
I am playing franchise and I'm in my 2nd year. I'm the Bucaneers and have the top rated passing and rushing defense but I think I've only had about 2 sacks total...Any tips? I usually play a lineman, mcfarland on most downs. I've tried many things already but the QB usually doesn't hold the ball long enough (a lot of 3 step drop passes) or I just can't get to him. This is really hurting the passing defense giving him all the time in the world...

Nas
10-11-2002, 12:03 AM
yeah, i too find it hard, near impossible to sack a QB when u are playing the computer. I think i've sacked the computer like 3 times since i bought the game back in august. That sucks. i think EVERYSINGLE TIME i hit the QB with one person, they ALWAYS break the tackle, then throw it. The only way i get my sacks is if one person hits him and while he's breaking the tackle...another person hits him. I really hope there is an easier way than that...
peace

Bakeman
10-11-2002, 10:26 AM
Same here man..
I use all the different advanced line moves and everything.. I even try being a blitzing LB and still nothing..

I don't even bother anymore.. I play pass coverage with the middle LB mostly.

wweomaniac
10-14-2002, 11:30 AM
here's what I do...

I line up as linebacker...

I fake blitzing through the middle and when the ball is hut, I quickly move to one of the outer holes. Blitzing isn't easy in this game, but that's just another challenge.

Halo Evolved
10-14-2002, 01:22 PM
I usually break through the line right as the ball is hiked and I can get a sack a good amount of time or I presure the QB to throw a sloppy pass since I am on him like flies on sh*t.

DZNUTZ
10-14-2002, 04:22 PM
if it wasnt' a multiplayer game on live i'd probably give u more advanced tips.

all i can say is that it can be done.
quite often i might add too.
just keep on practcing
also if u go online and play good players that sack u all the time. PAY ATTENTION! its essitinal to learn techniques that work for other players.

Bakeman
10-14-2002, 06:13 PM
As long as you can get a sack without taking advantage of a screw up in the game or something......

I played Madden 2003 on the PC online a bit.. and I noticed some peeps doing that.. it was sad actually.. after about a quarter I figured out how to beat what he was doing.. so luckily he didn't get away with it :)

Xbox Owner
10-14-2002, 07:43 PM
i use defensive end and get sacks all the time

Bakeman
10-14-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
i use defensive end and get sacks all the time

what moves usually work best for you?