PDA

View Full Version : Two RPGs coming this winter !!

Shadow20002
10-11-2002, 08:47 AM
Anyone hear about Metal Dungeon and BlackStone: Magic and Steel ? The Xbox has only one RPG (Morrowind) so far. Now by this winter, you can get one of theses two great RPGs from Xicat Entertainment.

Check out theses two great games at http://www.xboxexclusive.com. They have a lots of screenshots and a full page of interview with the developer.

Bigwig
10-11-2002, 05:24 PM
Shenmue 2 too

Shorezy
10-11-2002, 06:31 PM
All i know is that Fable looks amasing!

EHWfedPres
10-11-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by halo_11
All i know is that Fable looks amasing!

Yes, Project Ego does look great...but you have to wait a long time still to get that game...and the name Fable sucks, it's still Project Ego to me...

Shenmue 2 is more or less an action adventure game, NOT an rpg. You only get to control that one dude (unless there's another dude that i dont know of), you dont get to pick his name or background or anything...role-playing games are all about making your own guy and doing whatever you want with your guy...You play the role of your character. If Shenmue 2 is an rpg, so is Max Payne...and neither one is...yeah, ok, you dont get to gain levels or anything with Max Payne, but thats not the onlyt hing that distinguishes between action adventure games and rpg's.

Stride
10-11-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

If Shenmue 2 is an rpg, so is Max Payne...and neither one is...yeah, ok, you dont get to gain levels or anything with Max Payne, but thats not the onlyt hing that distinguishes between action adventure games and rpg's.

Hmmmm..... didn't we have this argument in another thread as well :D

EHWfedPres
10-12-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Stride

Hmmmm..... didn't we have this argument in another thread as well :D

About 3 months ago, probably, but either way, Shenmue 2 is NOT an rpg. It's an Action/Adventure game.

Stride
10-12-2002, 05:33 PM
K I never played the game so I'll take your word for it :)

spike spiegel
10-13-2002, 11:54 PM
Origanally posted by Shadow2002
The Xbox has only one RPG (Morrowind) so far

Oncontrare, Azuric: rise of whatever, that's also an RPG, may be a grappy one but still.

mmattai
10-14-2002, 02:46 AM
Azurik is Action/Adventure.

Stride
10-14-2002, 01:23 PM
I have to agree with mmattai

spike spiegel
10-14-2002, 02:05 PM
Well the official xbox mag said it was an rpg in the November issue

Stride
10-14-2002, 02:30 PM
well alot of games are rated as rpg when they are really just action adventure games with some of the characteristics of a rpg game :)

EHWfedPres
10-14-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by spike spiegel
Well the official xbox mag said it was an rpg in the November issue

OXM is just a bunch of idiots. Where's that big Midtown Madness 3 preview that was promised...oh, lets say...maybe 5 issues back?

If Azruik is an rpg, then you should be able to play different characters, and make your own character, and not be stuck in linear la-la land...:rolleyes:

Stride
10-14-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

and not be stuck in linear la-la land...:rolleyes:

lol