PDA

View Full Version : Project Gotham Racing;as boring as it gets.

hiddenagender
10-11-2002, 09:32 AM
Here is my review of PGR.
I may get bashed for it BUT it is the way I feel.

Project gotham racing

What is so special about this game.It's graphics?It's addictiveness?It's playablility?
Sadly Project Gotham Racing falls short in almost all the categories.The graphics
are Undoubtibly some of the best i have ever seen.The detail of this game
is enough to leave even the avid racing fans in awe.It's in the graphics that the true power of the xbox can be seen.
It is undoubtly the most 'detailed' racing game I have ever seen.The audio tracks in this game
also deserve favorable mention.The game gives you a variety of choices in this
department.You can listen to one of the 8 music stations or 'rip' your own
music to the xbox harddrive and play this instead.
But alas,graphics and music are the only areas which appealled to me.
The game itself is not FUN.If you ask me the graphics in a game could be ps1 level
but the game itself should have been more 'fun'.
When i first sat down to play This game,i felt a shiver of anxiety run down my spine.
But my anxiety soon turned to anger when i started to play.One of the main problems
is the actuall controll of the vehicles.By now we all know the XBOX has
pressure sensitive right and left triggers.These cause a variety of
problems when playing this particular game.For one,pressing the accelerate trigger(right)
too much causes the car so spin out of controll.Pressing the brake trigger(left),coincidently
does the same thing.Finding just the right pressure is time consuming.And now when u finally get it
right u put in halo,and pull the trigger like crazy and all your hard work has gone down the drain.

The game itself is not worth the $50,considerring you will get bored REALLY fast.The game like all others
follow a linear pattern.You can't drive off the road and run into a train.ARGGGGG
This is a good game to borrow from a friend,and play for a while.But the game loses most of it's
essence because by entering a code all the tracks and cars are unlocked.Bummer.
Graphics:*****
audio: *****
Playability ***
Addictiveness**
overall ***

Plewis
10-13-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by hiddenagender
Here is my review of PGR.
I may get bashed for it BUT it is the way I feel.

Project gotham racing

What is so special about this game.It's graphics?It's addictiveness?It's playablility?
Sadly Project Gotham Racing falls short in almost all the categories.The graphics
are Undoubtibly some of the best i have ever seen.The detail of this game
is enough to leave even the avid racing fans in awe.It's in the graphics that the true power of the xbox can be seen.
It is undoubtly the most 'detailed' racing game I have ever seen.The audio tracks in this game
also deserve favorable mention.The game gives you a variety of choices in this
department.You can listen to one of the 8 music stations or 'rip' your own
music to the xbox harddrive and play this instead.
But alas,graphics and music are the only areas which appealled to me.
The game itself is not FUN.If you ask me the graphics in a game could be ps1 level
but the game itself should have been more 'fun'.
When i first sat down to play This game,i felt a shiver of anxiety run down my spine.
But my anxiety soon turned to anger when i started to play.One of the main problems
is the actuall controll of the vehicles.By now we all know the XBOX has
pressure sensitive right and left triggers.These cause a variety of
problems when playing this particular game.For one,pressing the accelerate trigger(right)
too much causes the car so spin out of controll.Pressing the brake trigger(left),coincidently
does the same thing.Finding just the right pressure is time consuming.And now when u finally get it
right u put in halo,and pull the trigger like crazy and all your hard work has gone down the drain.

The game itself is not worth the $50,considerring you will get bored REALLY fast.The game like all others
follow a linear pattern.You can't drive off the road and run into a train.ARGGGGG
This is a good game to borrow from a friend,and play for a while.But the game loses most of it's
essence because by entering a code all the tracks and cars are unlocked.Bummer.
Graphics:*****
audio: *****
Playability ***
Addictiveness**
overall ***

I love PGR.. long, hard, addictive, fun... great game IMO... but there are lots of mixed reviews about this title... I read your review... and it seems like you didn't give it enough time. Once you get used to the controls... didn't take long for me... wait till you get a better car... but once you get used to the control the game is gravy... but if Im wrong and you don't like PGR try something like MotoGP(I didn't really like it but it seems everyone else has:D). Maybe that will be your cup of tea:)

mmattai
10-13-2002, 03:40 AM
I bought PGR a bit after it came out. Played it for quite a while too. My biggest problem with it was that to play multi-player you had to memorize where the good tracks where. Sure, you had a pant-load of tracks, but most of them are unplayable ina multi-player enviornment. I'm also not that great of a video game driver, so I hit a wall. I mean that metaphorically, not figuratively, altho I did hit a lot of figurative walls in this game too :D After I hit this wall the game became very unfun. Very unfun. I also didn't find the graphics to be THAT great in this game. They were good. Better than sony could hope to imagine, but the colors just seemed so muted. RSC did it right :D I just don't like most of the tracks in PGR. I guess I'm just used to the GT series too much. That is why I so much more enjoy my Sega GT 2002. It may be easier than PGR, but I can adjust the difficulty by racing whatever car I desire. I'll see you folks on XBL with my tricked-out Skyline R34 if this game gets it's Online Disc released in North America ;)

hiddenagender
10-16-2002, 02:51 PM
mixed emotions from all.....
I like fast action,NOT PGR
*shudders*

MrCreamJeans
10-27-2002, 08:00 PM
Idiots.

PGR is the greatest racing game made.
Mixed reviews? Show me one review lower than 80%.
(BTW I can show you Halo reviews in the 70's%.)

Every decent racer agrees this is an excellent title. Some non-racer types have issues - primarily due to its difficulty, but not due to the design of the game.

BTW 425,000 Kudos - all gold. :cool:

xboxaddict1226
10-28-2002, 02:42 PM
well i like the game and thats my opinion but everyone is entitled to their own opinion so i respect yours i just dont agree

skysaw
11-08-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by MrCreamJeans
Idiots.
PGR is the greatest racing game made.

What's wrong with a little healthy criticism? That's what pushes the developers to make even better games. That's what pushed them to improve Pole Position, which you would be playing today if people didn't want more.

Grow up and learn to accept that people have different points of view than your own. It's a good thing.