PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Reduces Xbox To $110

xboxteen
10-11-2002, 09:26 PM
A new Xbox bundle launching October 15th will include an Xbox console, a Controller S, plus two games, Sega GT and Jet Set Radio Future all for $199.99.
Do the math my stunned little friend. Take away the games and your paying $110 for the console. Now pick you jaw up off the floor.
***cube is dead. Officially now

Several game stores are already taking pre-orders for the bundle; get ‘em before their gone folks.

:eek:

Discretion
10-12-2002, 12:05 AM
This has nothing to do with it dropping to $110... Maybe $150, but they will not go lower than that. The bundle is not the loss of MS... ITS SEGA's loss if anyones

Highlite23
10-12-2002, 09:28 AM
Repeat after me..............

USER BASE, USER BASE, USER BASE...............

I know alot of us may be bitter about the lower priced bundles available, especially if your a November buyer like me, but i don't dwell on it anymore. The name of the game at this point is get as many XBOX's in homes as possible.

I don't care if they give 'em away at this point, the more owners the better the future will be.

Variation-XBA
10-12-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by highlite23
I don't care if they give 'em away at this point, the more owners the better the future will be.

Good way to put it http://216.40.241.68/contrib/ruinkai/biggrinking.gif

yall
10-12-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by xboxteen
A new Xbox bundle launching October 15th will include an Xbox console, a Controller S, plus two games, Sega GT and Jet Set Radio Future all for $199.99.
Do the math my stunned little friend. Take away the games and your paying $110 for the console. Now pick you jaw up off the floor.

Several game stores are already taking pre-orders for the bundle; get ‘em before their gone folks.

Is there a link for this?

No Fear 23
10-12-2002, 02:09 PM
damn, i paid 500 for all those stuff when i bought mine last year

laughs
10-12-2002, 03:22 PM
Sony is gonna be screwed!!!

bob808
10-12-2002, 03:29 PM
Man, I might have to buy another box for my other TV @ that price! How could you go wrong? Then I could do the system link and play multiplayer halo on fullscreen! Awsome! And to think, My x-girlfriend payed $300 when it first came out. Best dam gift I eva got from a girl!

shrew king
10-12-2002, 04:25 PM
man that sucks, i paid 300 dollars for mine :(

maybe i could buy one then take out sega gt then take it back and say there was no sega gt in there.....

smack119
10-12-2002, 04:53 PM
now might be a good time to bust my xbox and return it for cash under my 2 year service plan..... then just buy a new one with the cash

laughs
10-12-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by bob808
Best dam gift I eva got from a girl!

LOL!!!!, you obviously never had a night of woopie with her. But on the topic of a good deal....yeah!!! that is a great deal....I payed $300 to. I think we should be given something free if we prove we payed the high price for it. Show your sales bill and get a free game or cow testicle. Something free....Anything....Please!! Even a trail demo disk of XBOX Exhibition or a Mag or something. Or if you wanna go the cow testicle route, you could go that way too. Anything!!!

Nameless
10-12-2002, 05:13 PM

Aside from you year old "joke", I'll respond as calmly as I can.

I don't see where you logic is that this bundle will cause the Gamecube to "die". If Xbox realeses this bundle, Sony won't be far behind (which will just send their sales through the roof..more so) same with Gamecube (probably a SMS bundle or a Metroid Prime one). Also if I'm not wrong, both those games cost more than $40, or at least one of them does. So I don't see how your math can be correct..

Discretion
10-12-2002, 06:12 PM
See, people always are like...

"Oh WOW!!! A bundle and stuff for cheap?! MS is showing price drop soon"

Well, have you ever went and checked out EBAY or here? You make more selling seperate than in a bundle. Same as for the XBOX. Well its sorta different BUT. If you look at it from a perspective, MS wants people to get XBOX. With this deal, MS is probably going to get it THUS making people buy more games. Smart?? YES

Whoever thinks this is bad, THINK AGAIN

yall
10-12-2002, 06:21 PM
Could you provide a link to something verifiying this please?

nutsnyomowf
10-12-2002, 06:32 PM
what MS should do is do the hell away with the sega gt and include Halo or DOA these games are the ones that got the system sold.hell i would by the bundle if it had Halo

Gimpy Mcgee
10-12-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by nutsnyomowf
what MS should do is do the hell away with the sega gt and include Halo or DOA these games are the ones that got the system sold.hell i would by the bundle if it had Halo

I agree, a Halo bundle would be kickass. But the reason why MS and Sega is doing this is to cut losses. Sega titles havent been selling well on Xbox. And MS is throwing in the extra controller (old one) to get rid of them because of the switch to controller S. No matter wich way you look at it its a pretty good deal. Im interested to see how Sony and Nintendo react.

xboxteen
10-12-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by irule23
damn, i paid 500 for all those stuff when i bought mine last year Yea Me to i am mad:(

Scarlet Spider
10-12-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Gimpy Mcgee

I agree, a Halo bundle would be kickass. But the reason why MS and Sega is doing this is to cut losses. Sega titles havent been selling well on Xbox. And MS is throwing in the extra controller (old one) to get rid of them because of the switch to controller S. No matter wich way you look at it its a pretty good deal. Im interested to see how Sony and Nintendo react.

so its going to come with 2 controllers?

Gimpy Mcgee
10-13-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Scarlet Spider

so its going to come with 2 controllers?

Actually no, I miss read the press release. It is only scheduled to have a controller S.

laughs
10-13-2002, 07:01 AM
I don't have big hands, but I think the original controller was the best controller ever.

yall
10-13-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Gimpy Mcgee

Actually no, I miss read the press release. It is only scheduled to have a controller S.

What press release? Can someone please provide a link?

yall
10-13-2002, 08:37 AM
Nevermind, I found a link.

http://www.gamepro.com/index.html?/microsoft/xbox/games/news/26580.shtml

techie
10-13-2002, 10:28 AM
Anyone find out which stores are supposed to have the bundle?

ShannonX
10-13-2002, 02:56 PM

its not really an xbox price drop, its more like a deal between microsoft and sega that will alow microsoft to include 2 games for free or lowered cost during a limited time promotion something like ps2 and Grand Turismo back last holiday season.

Not saying its a bad deal, if fact its an awesome deal. But i gaurantee that that $199 is nearly all hardware cost.

nutsnyomowf
10-13-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by nutsnyomowf

oh yeah this bundle will also boost the sells of the system link cable and more controllers. damn i should be work for MS!!!

Nerrad529
10-13-2002, 03:29 PM
I paid three hundred and i went over to my friends house and he payed two hundred:( But hell this will help the system out bigtime. Thats a deal and a half.

Shadow20002
10-15-2002, 01:55 PM
I can tell you something about that. First of all, i can guarantee you paid 300 USD is the good price for the "original" Xbox. However, the Xbox has been change this fall. The Xbox get new hardware which is cheaper than the original. Want some proof about this ? Here they are:

http://www.puissancepc.com/n/gen/n6682.html

This site is in french but i will translate for anyone.

Microsoft has officially confimed that their latest Xbox that will be out in the market will have a new hardware. The first thing for this modification is to prevent to use mod-chips to play DVD-R, DivX, MP3 and others.

This modification will also reduces the cost to make a Xbox. The big Redmond has nothing reveal about the new specs of the Xbox. Somes will miss the fan that include with the GPU, the utilize of a DVD Philips has been replace by a DVD Thomson, and a new BIOS.

So if they launch this bundle, they have nothing to loose.