PDA

View Full Version : Capcom's Mikami Blasts Sony/Square

Highlite23
10-11-2002, 09:32 PM
In a recent off-the-cuff outburst, famed Capcom mastermind Shinji Mikami railed against Sony and Square during an interview with a Japanese radio station. He critisized the console manufacturer for it's problem-prone Playstation 2 and PS-X console, stating that frequent breakdowns were partly responsible for the system's good sales. He said that he himself had to buy two sets of each because of the poor quality of the CD lens. Consumers here and abroad have experienced this problem with Sony products since before the debut of the Playstation. Mikami even went so far as to say that the company has intentionally not corrected the problem in order to force people continually to buy the platforms-a practice known as "planned obsolescence".NOV. GI

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.

SlightlySycho
10-11-2002, 10:17 PM
Hmmmm . . . I might just have to let Capcom back in my life. Might.

thatroger
10-11-2002, 10:25 PM
Well if Capcom is starting to hate Sony then that does open things up for Microsoft to throw a few bags of cash their way. The way I see it, the more companies that give Xbox exclusives, the better.

Gimpy Mcgee
10-12-2002, 01:16 AM
But I have also been through 2 Xbox's. The first one had a faulty disc trey that caused it to scratch my CD's/DVD's. I had sent away for the 2 year warrenty but it took 2 months to get here, so I didnt think they were going to honor it. I took the Xbox back to the store for a refund and a few weeks later the warrenty contract shows up in the mail. Since I didnt have the Xbox anymore the contract was useless so I tried to sell it back to MS like the contract said i could. In the state of WA I am charged a %10 fee for the cancelation. I was ok with that, but this is not what im ok with: I called for my Xbox and they said i need to talk to the contract department about getting a refund for the xbox warrenty. I asked the service rep on the phone what was the # for the contract department and they told me that they dont accept phone calls and that I would have to send a letter with all my info and a copy of the contract. To make a long story short it has been over 4 months now and i have sent alot of letters and I have yet to recieve my refund. Now my second Xbox, I didnt buy it I actually won it, freeze's up and makes a loud buzzing noise from time to time. MS is no better then Sony is. Ohwell, i guess thats just big business for ya they just dont care about the individual customer.

MS stole $40 from me, I could have spent that on Xbox stuff!

Brutal Grace
10-12-2002, 08:03 AM
Good for Mikami-san. He spoke the truth in public, which these days is an all-too-uncommon thing.

kachingtensor
10-12-2002, 09:24 PM
LOL

Shinji gets the honesty award.

I hope it doesn't cost him too much at the hands of those *******ed corrupt stinking little pig *******s.

DOOM
10-13-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by highlite23
NOV. GI

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.
I Get About Three Broken PS2's In My Shop A Week... All With Lense Problems. POS2's Are Made Like Crap... I Even Have A Demo Unit That Keeps Breaking Down...
My XBOX Is On 2407 & I Have Yet To Have A Prob....
SONY Has A Good Stratagy To Sell More Consoles...
I Am Glad People Are Starting to Notice!

Highlite23
10-13-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by DOOM

I Get About Three Broken PS2's In My Shop A Week... All With Lense Problems. POS2's Are Made Like Crap... I Even Have A Demo Unit That Keeps Breaking Down...
My XBOX Is On 2407 & I Have Yet To Have A Prob....
SONY Has A Good Stratagy To Sell More Consoles...
I Am Glad People Are Starting to Notice!

Hey Doom, you may be able to answer this one. In the early days after launch when people were saying the XBOX would overheat, someone told me that rumor started due to some retailers not having the XBOX kiosk properly ventilated. They told me that the compartment for the console was to small and had little if any space for air flow. I don't know if you have a kiosk, just thought i would ask. Makes perfect sense to me though.

DOOM
10-14-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by highlite23

Hey Doom, you may be able to answer this one. In the early days after launch when people were saying the XBOX would overheat, someone told me that rumor started due to some retailers not having the XBOX kiosk properly ventilated. They told me that the compartment for the console was to small and had little if any space for air flow. I don't know if you have a kiosk, just thought i would ask. Makes perfect sense to me though.
The Problem Wasnt The Units It Was The First Batch Of DEMO DISKS Sent Out... The Disks Were Defective!
Another Lil Tid Bit Is that The XBOX Should NOT Be Placed Near Strong Un-Shielded Speakers... The Magnetic Fields Screw It Up Sometines....
But That Ould Rumor Was Just Crappy Demo Disks...
Thats It!