PDA

View Full Version : Post 100 things good about Halo

Tinny
10-12-2002, 01:43 PM
OK. First off: If you don't like Halo then you don't like it. Just don't post that here cause this is about Halo and nobody is saying that everybody loves Halo. Secondly: No smartass comments such as "24. Halo [the game] ended" Thirdly: You guys have my apologies if this has already been done before. I would have searched but the search program on this site is really really odd and I can't be bothered to type in "Halo" and wade through the hundreds of thread titles. :D

Thankyou.

Let's start. Each person can post up to 3 things that they think is good about Halo. No more. Got that?

I will start.

1. The M8088 Scorpion Main Battle Tank
2. The Master Chief
3. Attack on the Control Room

PS. I don't mind if the numbers go over 100 but lets keep things simple and not repeat ourselves please.

EHWfedPres
10-12-2002, 03:43 PM
How about bad things about Halo?

1-No Multiplayer Bots
2-Dumb people that think Halo is the greatest game ever when that is just their opinion.
3-Dumb people that have to remind everyone that the have an orgasm at the mention of the name Halo.
4-People who think the Halo 2 trailer automatically makes Halo 2 an almighty great god-like game when we HAVENT SEEN THE F*CKING GAME YET!
5-the plasma pistol

SoccerCJM77
10-12-2002, 04:34 PM
1) The Warthog
2) Blood Glutch
3) Seeing the Pelican in flight
4) The Silent Cartographer
5) Halo 2 trailer that I've haven't seen yet

Sorry about for putting 2 extra thoughts of the
game:D

Stride
10-12-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
How about bad things about Halo?

1-No Multiplayer Bots
2-Dumb people that think Halo is the greatest game ever when that is just their opinion.
3-Dumb people that have to remind everyone that the have an orgasm at the mention of the name Halo.
4-People who think the Halo 2 trailer automatically makes Halo 2 an almighty great god-like game when we HAVENT SEEN THE F*CKING GAME YET!
5-the plasma pistol

I have two things to say about your post. First i'd like to say that I'm really happy you have your own opinion about Halo and secondly Shut the F*ck up. Can you even read, because if you could then you would have read this

Originally posted by Tinny
OK. First off: If you don't like Halo then you don't like it. Just don't post that here cause this is about Halo and nobody is saying that everybody loves Halo. Secondly: No smartass comments such as "24. Halo [the game] ended"

Ok now your probably gonna say something real smart like "I don't care what tinny asks this is a free forum so you can't tell me to Shut the **** up you little ******* I'll slap the **** out of you" Blalablablablabla. Well it's probably going to be something real mature :rolleyes: . But to tell you the thruth i don't really care what your gonna post.
You know if you hate halo that much why don't you start your own thread, called "A hundred reasons why I hate Halo" and put all your negative thought about Halo in there and leave this thread alone because this thread is used for good things about Halo and not you *****ing about it.

Oh yeah also my three good things

1. Some of the best graphics ever

2. Good AI

And ofcourse

3. The multiplayer option

SlightlySycho
10-12-2002, 09:43 PM
Running tally is at . . .

12) The way Elites scream when they blow up. (Oh, yeah!)
13) "He's everywhere!"
14) That moment you realize Cortana's actually naked.;)

Tinny
10-13-2002, 09:57 AM
ROFL. Hey Stride, EHWfedPres just doesn't enjoy reading the posts you see. He actually skims through and thinks that he should post when he knows he'll look like a fool. Not only that but you will find out that he is supremely arrogant and a big hypocrit. I mean he whines about people putting their opinions up and say that this is fact and not caring about other people's opinion (mainly his) then he goes around posting crap like this. Best just shake you head and leave it at that cause there really is no point.

EHWfedPres, I told you this before: READ THE DAMN THREAD BEFORE YOU POST It stops you from looking like a fool. And no, it ain't too late to stop looking like an idiot either. Oh and do you realise you only stated 2 things that's actually bad about Halo. LOL. Yeah sure, call people who like the game "dumb" simply cause they have a different opinion to yours. Sheesh. Stop being such a big hypocrit and a arrogant ******* would you? You are very intelligent from the posts I read from you before but I really dislike that arrogance of yours and it's pretty strong in most of your posts.

Now back on topic:

1. The M8088 Scorpion Main Battle Tank
2. The Master Chief
3. Attack on the Control Room
4. The Warthog
5. Blood Glutch
6. Seeing the Pelican in flight
7. The Silent Cartographer
8. Some of the best graphics ever
9. Good AI
10. The multiplayer option
11. The way Elites scream when they blow up. (Oh, yeah!)
12. "He's everywhere!"
13. That moment you realize Cortana's actually naked. ;)

Sorry SoccerCJM77, but your 5th one isn't about Halo: Combat Evolve. Hey, just count yourself luck that I'm letting you have 4 points! hehe. :p

Thankyou SoccerCJM77, Stride and SlightlySycho.

Anymore Halo fans? ;) Keep posting.

SoccerCJM77
10-13-2002, 01:42 PM
Blood Glutch is a level in Halo
It is one of the best levels
;)

SoccerCJM77
10-13-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by SoccerCJM77
Blood Glutch is a level in Halo
It is one of the best levels
;)

Well I mean it's a multiplayer level:D

EHWfedPres
10-14-2002, 02:58 PM
If you people did not just jump to conclusions, you would havent just assumed that I did not like Halo. Halo is actually a very fun game and I do in fact, like it.

What I dont like is people who are like:

AHH, HALO, AHAHAHA, BEST GAME EVER, GRAFIXCS ARE LEET DOODSORZS, HALO RULES ALL, AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ahhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek:hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
DA TRAILER FOR HALO 2 IS AWESOME ITS GONNA BE THE BESTEST GAM,E EVERR!!!!!!!!!!

People like that is what ticks me off. Halo is NOT the best game ever...and here's why.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE BEST GAME EVER!

If someone thinks Halo is the best game ever, that is called an (and the word of the day is...) OPINION. I think that Morrowind is the best Xbox game out right now...but thats just my opinion and means nothing to anyone else, unless they also think Morrowind is the best game for the Xbox.

Stride
10-14-2002, 03:12 PM
If you people did not just jump to conclusions, you would havent just assumed that I did not like Halo. Halo is actually a very fun game and I do in fact, like it.

What I dont like is people who are like:

AHH, HALO, AHAHAHA, BEST GAME EVER, GRAFIXCS ARE LEET DOODSORZS, HALO RULES ALL, AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ahhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek:hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
DA TRAILER FOR HALO 2 IS AWESOME ITS GONNA BE THE BESTEST GAM,E EVERR!!!!!!!!!!

People like that is what ticks me off. Halo is NOT the best game ever...and here's why.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE BEST GAME EVER!

If someone thinks Halo is the best game ever, that is called an (and the word of the day is...) OPINION. I think that Morrowind is the best Xbox game out right now...but thats just my opinion and means nothing to anyone else, unless they also think Morrowind is the best game for the Xbox.

When put like that, I agree with ya (But you just jelled at him) Ancient history :cool: (I'm getting confused :confused: ) Shut up (But..) SHHH (N....) SHHHH (Yo......) SHHH SHHH SHHH SHHH SHHH and some more SHHHH for what you were gonna say next. Damn voices, never listen to ya.

PS.
I agree with ya on Morrowind, although i never played before I just have this feeling about it ;)

OppiumNitrates
10-14-2002, 07:07 PM
14. Only being able to have 2 wepons (adds stratagy and realizm)
15. Shields
16. Melees in the back of the head always kill dont matter if you have full overshied and 400% health.

1 thing i dont like no coustom wepon sets like if you want to turn off Rockets (cauz they take no skill for slayer) and any other wepons you dont like.

coustom wepons sets are form Perfect dark - best multiplayer options in any FPS, IMHO.

Gotenks7233
10-15-2002, 04:16 PM
The best thing about Halo is the Multiplayer

davidx
10-15-2002, 06:55 PM
I also wish people would quit busting nuts over Halo. Yeah, Halo was amazing, but c'mon...that was last year.

With all the good shooter games coming out this month ,I can't stand all these threads being about Halo. We must progress...

Get over Halo. If you have to, talk about Halo 2.

Hey "Tinny"--you type too much. You actually think people read your rambles? Ever hear of paragraph breaks?

Sheesh.

X
:cool:

EHWfedPres
10-15-2002, 07:08 PM
Yes, I love the realism if putting away your needler in your back pocket and pulling out a rocket launcher out of seemingly nowhere...

Having only 2 weapons does add strategy tho...but not much considering the low number of weapons there are...

davidx
10-15-2002, 07:27 PM
Dude...

you are SO gonna get flamed by all the Halo heads.

Know what would be REALLY funny? If Halo 2 sucks arse. What would happen...would people litter the streets with the bloody, dismembered heads of Xbox excecutives?

Probably.

X
:cool:

Arven
10-15-2002, 11:55 PM
back on topic...

I'll add just one item that I've been thinking about lately:

the humor

I love shooters, but so many of them are grim, tense, tight-jawed, humorless affairs. Part of what made Halo fun for me was the humor. Guilty Spark's quips ("I am a genius"), the banter with Cortana, dropping him upside down on his head, smashing his ship intentionally near the end, the marine's remarks ("Get up so I can kill you again"), and especially the grunts' cries ("Bad cyborg!" is my favorite but there are so many).

Without the humor, Halo would have been so much less of a game.

OppiumNitrates
10-16-2002, 10:03 AM
Yes, I love the realism if putting away your needler in your back pocket and pulling out a rocket launcher out of seemingly nowhere...

Your such a nay-sayer . . .

better then every other FPS which lets you carry the Rocket Launcher, AR, sniper rifle, chain gun, shotgun, ect. all at once plus all the ammo you cna carry . . .

Stride
10-16-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Arven
back on topic...

the humor

I love shooters, but so many of them are grim, tense, tight-jawed, humorless affairs. Part of what made Halo fun for me was the humor. Guilty Spark's quips ("I am a genius"), the banter with Cortana, dropping him upside down on his head, smashing his ship intentionally near the end, the marine's remarks ("Get up so I can kill you again"), and especially the grunts' cries ("Bad cyborg!" is my favorite but there are so many).

I agree, without it it would have just been another FPS

Reclaimer
10-17-2002, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by Arven
back on topic...

the humor

The other day I had to melee a Marine. I needed ammo, it was something quick and dirty, anyway, I smacked him form the side, and he said "Do I owe you money?" I hit him again and he died. It was pretty funny. Guilty Spark cracks me up. He's not so funny, but the serious remarks he makes:
"A construct in the Matrix? Unacceptable"
"Do you require medical attention?" To you when your health is down.
Facisinating Reclaimer, I find that your weapons are inadequate."
There are endless lines in that game.
Even the Marine SGT is cool.
"Good shooting, but not as good as me."
It makes it so much better to hear that, makes it more realistic.

They're everywhere!!!!!!!!!

Arven
10-18-2002, 09:57 PM
I'll continue.

1. The AI.
2. The graphics.
3. The warthog.