PDA

View Full Version : Big controllers will be replaced....

shrew king
10-12-2002, 04:08 PM
Microsoft is going to discontinue the sells of the large controller, they plan on replacing it with the S Controller.

Its great for me, i have 4 microsoft large controllers already, ill probably be able to make a little money when they are more rare too.

Variation-XBA
10-12-2002, 05:26 PM
Cant stand those S controllers....they feel so... wronghttp://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/cwm/3dlil/rolleyes.gif

Discretion
10-12-2002, 06:08 PM
I agree. The S Controllers suck IMO. I don't think MS will really discontinue them because they will have complaints that the controller is too small instead of too big!!! LOL MS Isn't stupid... @ least I don't think they are...:confused: :eek: :D

Ninja Scroll
10-12-2002, 06:23 PM
Xbox "Controller S" is da best gaming controller since the 6-button Sega Genesis controller back in da glory dayz of gaming.

Here's a copy/paste of an article on the matter:

Xbox controller, packing their systems instead with Controller S from now on. The new strategy, confirmed by Microsoft representatives earlier today, apparently came as a direct result of consumer criticism.
The Xbox's controller has been the target of controversy among game freaks ever since the system came out last November. A random Google search turns up everything from measured criticism ("unwieldy, uncomfortable, and difficult to use") to slightly less measured derision ("Apparently, to own an Xbox, you must have the hands of a large ape"). The Controller S was originally designed exclusively for the Xbox's Japanese release, but was released in America several weeks after the Japan launch. The smaller, more comfortable pad now actually outsells the original controller hands down in NPD's accessory ranking list.

Production of the so-called "Controller XXL" has already ceased, and the only way you can get your hands on a new one now is in a non-bundled Xbox system. (Don't forget the DVD kit refund offer, either.) Microsoft said that they will decide whether to dump the original controller forever sometime after Christmas.

So which package to buy? A tough choice, admittedly, but your hands will thank you immensely if you opt for the Controller S bundle. Trust us; we know.

Variation-XBA
10-12-2002, 06:31 PM
I wont even play at my friends with that stupid controller....
Want a small controller? Play a GC ;):eek:

EHWfedPres
10-12-2002, 06:32 PM
What are they...f*cking stupid? The piece of crap S (stands for Controller Sh*t) is horrible. Im gonna go buy a few normal controllers and not open them incase the 4 that I have now all break...

smack119
10-12-2002, 06:38 PM
i also like the big ones better

Snoopy7548
10-12-2002, 06:55 PM
i like the big ones i guess. ive never tried the S controller. i have 2 big ones, so maybe ill buy like 1 S controller or something. im going to the mall on monday (my birthday), and im gonna buy some movies, so ill probly pick up the S controller:D

Bigwig
10-12-2002, 07:01 PM
I like the smaller ones and I am a big guy

kornavs19
10-12-2002, 07:10 PM
The big controller is fine with me. . .i can reach all the buttons comfortably....I havnt tried the S yet...:)

Shorezy
10-12-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Xbox "Controller S" is da best gaming controller since the 6-button Sega Genesis controller back in da glory dayz of gaming.

I couldn't agree more Ninja. S is amasing. And the good ol' Genesis, 6 buttoner, is almost just as good. lol

XBOX Dude
10-12-2002, 07:40 PM
this bs, i love the controller as they are now their big and comfortable and i don't get that damn cramped feeling in my hands like when i play ps2 or the gc. they should just give you the option of the big one or the s.

MerimacHamwich
10-12-2002, 08:39 PM
Controller S does suck. It feels so cheaply made. It is too small IMO too. Gives cramps like the playstation controller. I say the big ones are the way to go. I met a guy who works at futureshop who feels the same way. He is the guy who sold me the sound system.

shrew king
10-12-2002, 09:02 PM
my friends 5 year old sister uses the big controller, any man who cant should see a doctor. the controller s is ok i guess, but i always thought the big controller set the xbox apart from the ps2 and gc. im just glad i have 4 of the big ones, in the future people will be desperately wanting them and i could probably get a little money for em.

Gimpy Mcgee
10-12-2002, 09:10 PM
Both the Anchor and S give me cramps because of the way the analog sticks are raised. But I would have to say that S is the better controller. The old controllers button placement was way to crunched together, my damn fingers sometimes hit two buttons at once. And who came up with the idea of having raised buttons on the Anchor? Argh, but eh. It's all a matter of what your used to. Thier are obviously people that like the old controller so I think they should keep the Anchor as optional.

Strato99l
10-12-2002, 09:15 PM
The original controller was fine, but the S is much better. For me its not as jerky in games lke Halo where as the "Duke" controller makes it harder to look around. Just my opinion