PDA

View Full Version : Hitman 2 MY review

xboxteen
10-12-2002, 09:45 PM
O.K., first let me start out by staying this game is da sh*t! I haven't beaten the game but so far it is amazing. I bought it yesterday, the day it came out and i was so excited to pop it in my player. Lets say you kill a postman and want to get past security. Take the postmans clothes, DRAG THE DEAD GUY SOMEWHERE, DROP ALL YOUR GUNS, and go. If you don't drag the guy where no one can see him, security will find him and alert all guards and then you are in deep doo doo. I'm now on the 2'nd level, St. Petersburg and really excited to play it. The weapons are real nice to. i especially like to use the fiber wire and choke the guys, but the guns are awesome to. This game is very bloddy and i do not recommend to little kids. I mean this is realistic as hell! Just whatever you're doing go out and buy this game......NOW!! Highly recommended . I also heard this game was very hard. But if your a fan of FPS' or TPS' (you can play both) BUY THIS GAME!

borka105
10-12-2002, 11:38 PM
I also bought this game the day it came out.

After just completing DTR (which everyone was saying was hard) with a problem.

I started this game, and still haven't beaten the first level. I just can't go anywhere without the guards being alarmed and killing me.

I had such high hopes for this game, but no matter what I try I can't do anything successfully.

I am really ****ed off and confused. I am usually great at fps and other action games.

I don't know what to do........

On one hand, I see that this game has so much potential and is probably everything I wanted and hoped in a game. I am just thinking that if I get passed the first, I will be able to get into it.

But so far, All I feel is anger........

-Borka105

fowlowl
10-13-2002, 01:15 AM
borka, be patient, very patient. You'll learn the fundamentals of the game by experience and trial and error. Trust me. It's very hard, yes, but eventually you'll learn how far to walk from the guards, when you can run and when you must walk, when the don will be alarmed, and what will get your cover blown--it took me 10 hours of gameplay to adjust to thinking like the hitman.

Tips: Don't run unless very far from guards. Even if you're in a guard's costume dont get to close to a guard--try to be seen as little as possible. Use your map to locate and keep an eye on guards and the don. Pay attention to your heart meter--if it turns black be very cautious (never run if your heart meter is black) if it's beating red--you're busted--kill the guard(s) quickly with a silenced pistol before the don is alerted. If all esle fails bust out your ballers and kill everything that moves.

Just wait till you get good enough and experience the thrill of pulling of a hit without being detected--it's an amazing feeling of excitement and pride, unmatched in any other game i've played.

borka105
10-13-2002, 09:17 AM
Yeah, that's what I am trying to tell myself.... Be calm, be patient. I can sense that this game is greatness, but it's really frusterating that I haven't gotten to the point where I am enjoying myself.

Also with all these AAA games coming out every week, it's very tempting to just say who cares and trade the game in for something else.

I am a die-hard fan of action games and will take your advice, and play some more, before making a decision.

-Borka105

RudedogX
10-13-2002, 11:58 AM
Borka, I'm right there with you man! I'm usually pretty decent with FPS games and I just beat DTR. Now I'm tryin' to play this game and everytime I sit down to try it, the controls are just too sensitive for me! I've tried the first level and the second level, and I just got the game about 3 days ago. At this point, I'm seriously thinking about trading it in, in about a week or two when Bloodrayne comes out. Since I can't seem to even begin to get into this game the way that I had hoped, I'm thinking that's my best bet.

Stride
10-13-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by borka105
I started this game, and still haven't beaten the first level. I just can't go anywhere without the guards being alarmed and killing me.

If I were you I'd just run in there Kill everyone and get on to the next level, because the next couple of levels are a lot easier and a lot more fun. And if you want a different rating for the first level you just go and do it again later on after you did some other levels. Because if you only play the first level you'll never get the true feeling of the game. :D

fowlowl
10-13-2002, 04:01 PM
Rudedog, you're right the controller is way to sensitive to turning and movements. I highly recommend lowering the sensitivity in the control options to make your life easier.

And borka, I agree with Stride, if being patient and pulling off a silent hit isnt your idea of fun, then play it as a TPS or FPS and go crazy.

Alien
10-13-2002, 04:52 PM
I love this game. I can't put it down. I'm currently on the level "Invintation to the Party", which is the sixth level I think. I really really like it. Great game.

No Fear 23
10-13-2002, 04:53 PM
how many levels r in this game and how long will this game be??

Stride
10-13-2002, 05:13 PM
Ok well right now I'm in, I think level 8 and I think thats about 1/3 into the game. Getting there took me about 5 hours or so. So if you paid attention in school you'll be able to answer your own question :D

borka105
10-13-2002, 06:51 PM
even if i go crazy and start shooting everyone, there are like 20 guards to kill. I wish every game had bullet time or something to give you an advantage over your enemies.

I think you are right about getting through the first level and seeing some of the other stuff that's in this game. I will play again later tonight, but I already have this game posted up for trade. :(

thanks for the help guys
-Borka105

Stride
10-13-2002, 06:54 PM
Dude you should use your ballers, with them it doesn't matter how bad of a shot you are. just keep pulling that trigger you're bound to hit something eventually :D

Leo
10-13-2002, 11:40 PM
I had full stealth in the first level and second level I did it in couple of hours. Hours like 5 or less. the second level is pretty easy! I would Write you a Game guide on how to use full stealth for 5$ deal yes or no?

note It will take me about a week to make this game guide or less.

fowlowl
10-14-2002, 12:49 AM
I pulled off a nearly perfect hit. I was never detected. I used only two shots, killing the mark and one guard (head shot with a silenced pistol from behind), but I still only got a professional rating.

How do I get a Silent Hitman or even a Hitman rating???

ftyards
10-14-2002, 10:25 AM
only 2 shots and only kill the target with no alerts