PDA

View Full Version : Longest Sitting



X-Ray
10-13-2002, 03:07 AM
After that guy died after 86 hours of gaming, I was wondering, whats the longest sitting you've ever had playing video games, specifically Xbox?

I've put in 6-8 hours, but that's with bathroom breaks and quick meals. Plust that's playing Halo online so there would have been some breaks between games!. The longest truly single sitting is maybe 4-5 hours on Morrowind.:confused: I don't know how he did it! No wonder he died!:rolleyes:

xboxmaster2002
10-13-2002, 03:26 AM
19 hrs of phantasy star online... i would have played longer but my dad got ****edbecause i was tieing up the phone like for the 19 strait hrs... but it was fun as hell and i cant wait to play on xbox and now that its broadband io can play as long as i want

X-Ray
10-13-2002, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
19 hrs of phantasy star online... i would have played longer but my dad got ****edbecause i was tieing up the phone like for the 19 strait hrs... but it was fun as hell and i cant wait to play on xbox and now that its broadband io can play as long as i want


Now that's unhealthy! I guess MMORPG's are just extremely addicting.

Variation-XBA
10-13-2002, 04:35 AM
2 or so days on EQ....
not long on Xbox other than Halo online soon as it was working:p

robnyack
10-13-2002, 09:20 AM
what guy died after 86 hrs of gaming?


huh?


:eek:

X-Ray
10-13-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by robnyack
what guy died after 86 hrs of gaming?


huh?


:eek:

He played 86+ hours in a internet cafe. pretty weird eh?:eek:

Nerrad529
10-13-2002, 01:20 PM
I played dead to rights for about 6 hrs straight last night. My most is probally morrowind for about 6 - 8 hrs. My eyes can't handle much more that. Halo is up there also for about the same. If i was online it be out of control. hehe

Slim Shady
10-13-2002, 01:21 PM
My longest sitting = 3 hours

Premium Xbox
10-13-2002, 01:32 PM
My longest sitting on any game was just over 6 hours. That was two different games though, both were PC games. Can't remember what they even were. :confused:

Nat
10-13-2002, 02:59 PM
Probably 2 1/2 hours. I can't sit and stare at the tv for very long, or sit for long periods of time.

Casper
10-13-2002, 03:15 PM
Well, last year, a few of my boyz came over and we were playin GTA 3 and DOA 3 for over 15 hours...thanks to my girl makin us some special brownies :p

Comic Book Guy
10-13-2002, 04:04 PM
5 hours last night playing NHL2003.

Stride
10-13-2002, 04:11 PM
15 hours :eek: 19 hours :eek: :eek: I'm impressed. My head almost exploded after playing Halo for 8 hours straight and i'm a hardcore player. So what would that make you guys? Superhumans? :D

Kortiz
10-13-2002, 04:13 PM
well, with Xbox it was like......6 or 7 hours when i played Sega GT 2002, i did that 2 nights in a row.


on DC i did like 15 hours on Shenmue in one sitting.


and on PC.......oh.....20 hours on Everquest? probably longer.

Shadow20002
10-13-2002, 04:26 PM
My first time when i played Morrowind was about 6 hours. Now that i have almost cleared the game (doing all quests, get uniques artifacts, leveling up,..), it's been reduce to 2 hours per play. :p

Stride
10-13-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
well, with Xbox it was like......6 or 7 hours when i played Sega GT 2002, i did that 2 nights in a row.


on DC i did like 15 hours on Shenmue in one sitting.


and on PC.......oh.....20 hours on Everquest? probably longer.


Another superhuman :D

Slacker
10-13-2002, 04:55 PM
The Most ever, was Lords of the realm for 20 hours second is Beetle Adventure Racing for N64 at 15 hours, I used to have a JOb where all I did was check a URL every hour , the rest of the time I played video games. surfed the net or watched a movie , the twenty hour session was uninterupted because our site was down, and I was working a double shift, it flew by,

The most I have ever played My Xbox was about 10 hours straight playing THPS3 , and maybe 8 hours straight with Halo I play about 2-4 hours a day , but I am self employed so I have lots of free time

ShannonX
10-13-2002, 04:55 PM
i think i did 6 or 7 hours of halo back when it first came out... and just recently, probably about 10 hours of morrowind.

No Fear 23
10-13-2002, 06:02 PM
prolly 8 hours for me. i was playing halo with my friends, starting at 7 pm, when i saw it was 3am, i was like wtf?? im going to bed

man it was too long

we were drinking energy drinks and it kept us addicted to the game for a long time


ppl, beware of xbox live, u'll be sitting in front of ur tv like the guy that died did.

Rancey
10-13-2002, 06:07 PM
Not exactly sure, but it would have to be close to 20hours. Ages ago a friend & I played Red Alert online, and we both have 2 phone lines so we were talking as we played in 2 vs 2 matches :)

Stride
10-13-2002, 06:10 PM
I think that head exploding stuff must have something to do with my dna or something because it doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else :(

AmpedRider
10-13-2002, 06:29 PM
for me that has been about 7 hours playing the retail version of whacked =) sooo much fun

X-Ray
10-13-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
Not exactly sure, but it would have to be close to 20hours. Ages ago a friend & I played Red Alert online, and we both have 2 phone lines so we were talking as we played in 2 vs 2 matches :)

I remember the days of Red Alert. Back then I didn't have broadband I could rarely get my connection to work on mplayer.com (later bought out by gamespy).

But wow, after 20 hours you must have felt like this: http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/smilies/wallbash.gif

Highlite23
10-13-2002, 09:41 PM
Before XBOX, it was DC Phantasy Star Online for about 12 hours on a weekend when i was laid up in bed.

On XBOX Halo for a little over 8 on another weekend.

Oddly enough this only happens when i'm sick or my wife and kids are away.:D

MerimacHamwich
10-13-2002, 09:49 PM
I would say around 10 hours on xbox.

Strato99l
10-13-2002, 10:57 PM
I try not to stay to long becuase my eyes will get tired and I get head aches. But my longets ever was 7 hours Dungeon Siege

X-Ray
10-13-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by highlite23
Before XBOX, it was DC Phantasy Star Online for about 12 hours on a weekend when i was laid up in bed.

On XBOX Halo for a little over 8 on another weekend.

Oddly enough this only happens when i'm sick or my wife and kids are away.:D

Hmm...If I were you, I'd be getting sick very often.http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/smilies/mischief.gif

symposiumx
10-14-2002, 12:43 PM
My longest was about 2 or 3 MINUTES.
oh ..er..um..wait!! I thought this was the "longest sex" thread.

my bad ;)

ShannonX
10-14-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx
My longest was about 2 or 3 MINUTES.
oh ..er..um..wait!! I thought this was the "longest sex" thread.

my bad ;)

hmm, dont think i'd be admitting that in public... :D

l Maximus l
10-14-2002, 01:50 PM
I actually timed myself for my longest sitting...it was 14 straight hours with 312 bathroom breaks. Damn beer :D

symposiumx
10-14-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA


hmm, dont think i'd be admitting that in public... :D

<whispering to Shannon> "I lied, It's really 30-40 seconds".

ok...on a serious note. I think the longest would have either be the game LUNAR or the game CIVILIZATION for the PSX. I stayed up for about 2 days on those games. I had CIVILIZATION burnt into my head so much, that I use to haev sweaty nightmares about "building up my empire and conquring the world". It sounds silly now, but trust me...it was some scary stuff!! :eek: :eek:

adzmullz1
10-14-2002, 01:56 PM
Me and my brother once played Halo from 6pm till 4am. No toilet breaks or sleep . 10 hours straight , Pure Halo.

fowlowl
10-14-2002, 01:58 PM
I would say around 13 to 15 hours playing Winback for N64. Hey it was due at Blockbuster the next day and i really needed to beat it all in one day. After that I'd say about at least 7 hours each for Halo, Hitman 2, Conker's, and GoldenEye.

Stride
10-14-2002, 03:15 PM
damn you guys truly are addicts :D

Shorezy
10-14-2002, 03:25 PM
My longest sitting is probably 5-6-7 hours. Either on Halo, Halo Online or Morrowind. I just can't stop playing those games even to this day. When LIVE comes out.....LOOK OUT.

symposiumx
10-14-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by halo_11
My longest sitting is probably 5-6-7 hours. Either on Halo, Halo Online or Morrowind. I just can't stop playing those games even to this day. When LIVE comes out.....LOOK OUT.

hey..off topc..who is the hottie? I dont usually go for blondes...but she's not bad on thee old eyes.

Stride
10-14-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx


hey..off topc..who is the hottie? I dont usually go for blondes...but she's not bad on thee old eyes.

Your not worthy of her :p thats a girl who needs a guy that can at least hold out for 2 minutes :D Ok what I actually mean is that she needs a guy like me :cool:

symposiumx
10-14-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Stride


Your not worthy of her :p thats a girl who needs a guy that can at least hold out for 2 minutes :D Ok what I actually mean is that she needs a guy like me :cool:

let's face facts. I think if you took ANY guy on these forums and had that blondie hottie seduce them, NONE of us would last longer than 10 seconds.

spliffdUP
10-14-2002, 05:11 PM
The longest for me was 6 hours playing Halo, and we were so high we only managed to beat one level cooperative in that 6 hours. I finished all my herbs by 5 am so the last hour I had the worst headache and my head was spinning, I almost quit and didnt beat the level but I somehow managed to pull it off.

sectioneight
10-14-2002, 05:13 PM
Last Night

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring.

I rented beacause I heard it was short, but alot of fun and it was. It took me 8hrs 27min to complete but I did it.

There site claims the game has between 15-20hrs of gameplay.

If I had down-syndrome and was 89yrs old this game would still not take my 20hrs to beat.

Great Rental though, don't waste your money buying it.

-s8-

Stride
10-14-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx


let's face facts. I think if you took ANY guy on these forums and had that blondie hottie seduce them, NONE of us would last longer than 10 seconds.

Your probably right :( But I'm still willing to go and give that 2 minutes a try :D

Stride
10-14-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by spliffdUP
The longest for me was 6 hours playing Halo, and we were so high we only managed to beat one level cooperative in that 6 hours. I finished all my herbs by 5 am so the last hour I had the worst headache and my head was spinning, I almost quit and didnt beat the level but I somehow managed to pull it off.

Must be quite an experience, playing Halo when you're high :p

symposiumx
10-14-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Stride


Your probably right :( But I'm still willing to go and give that 2 minutes a try :D

well...its a tough job but.....

hahahaha

HALO + HIGH....um...I get high just playing halo...I think weed would be too much for me with HALO ;)

Stride
10-14-2002, 05:49 PM
LOL

Leviathon
10-15-2002, 02:52 PM
Most ever was 9 hours of straight Halo. That's what got me hooked.......:eek: