PDA

View Full Version : If you preordered from Amazon, please come in

jeah
11-13-2001, 02:38 AM
I just checked my amazon account today and realized that they changed the shipping date to the 17th of november. Up until today it was the 15th. Now, it is scheduled to arrive 2 days later. I preordered on November 5th.

Anyone else get a changing shipping date? Or know why they changed from the 15th to the 17th?

xxzone
11-13-2001, 02:21 PM
I found that out also. I has next day air selected. First day I baught it, it was scheduled to ship on 11/15/01, so I would get it on 11/16/01. I checked last night and it said it would not be shipped till 11/16/01. I wrote them telling them this was weak since most places already have their shipment. They wrote back saying that it would not be shipped till the 19th, so I won't get it till the 20th. I told them to stuff it, canceled my order, and called every gaming store around.

Circuit City opens at 10:00 AM and is getting 20 Units
Toys R Us is getting 16-18 extra units. You have to buy the bundle, but they let you choose the games.
CompUSA is not taking pre-orders at their store, they will have an undisclosed ammount on release date. They open at 9AM
Wal-mar opens at 7:00 and already has 10 units in stock.
Kmart and Shopko will get about 6-10 each.
I need to go call target. Forgot about that.
Point is there are plenty around to purchase on release date. I'm not going to go all weekend without one. Ill get dropped of at TRU at 630 have my wife run and check walmart which opens at 7, if she has no luck ill be in line at TRU. Screw Amazon. They do this all the time, and I'm not going to support them ever again.

jeah
11-13-2001, 02:46 PM
Yeah, looks like i may have to try that.... i'm not gonna do any camping by any means but i will check out the few stores in my town to see if they have any early on the 15th. I'm gonna call all the places today and keep my preorder at amazon just in case.

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 03:09 PM
I'm camping :D

benz_300sl
11-13-2001, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I'm camping :D beautiful!

mwc115
11-13-2001, 03:59 PM
That really sucks about Amazon. I'm glad I didn't preorder there. I ordered mine from Sam's Club. They are shipping on the 15th, but their fastest shipping time is 2 days, which sucks. Thursday is a stupid day to release something. If it takes two days I won't get it until monday. I'm thinking about checking around to see if I can get one on the 15th. I'm glad I don't live in a small town anymore. I understand where most of you are coming from. Luckily, I live in the Phoenix area now. I have a Wal-mart, CompUSA, Best Buy, Toys-R-Us, Ultimate Electronics, Target, Sam's Club, and Gamestop within a mile. I figure at least one of those places will have something for me, although I'm trying to pick the most probable location. I know Best Buy has 70 in stock, but they seem like the most likely place for campers. I also think it is $hitty that they didn't tell one of you how many units they were getting. That is just wrong to make like 100 people wait for hours just to find out a store has 20 to sell.

jeah
11-13-2001, 04:04 PM
Amazon told me in an e-mail that they won't even get their xbox's until the 15th. That seems really weird considering almost every store got them a week ago.

Anyway, I changed my shipping method to next day air and now it says it will come on the 17th. I don't think i can believe that though. But all I want is my **** xbox before thanksgiving break.

Also, do you think I will be able to take Oddworld (that came with my bundle) and exchange it at a store for another game? Oddworld will be unopened of course.

smack119
11-13-2001, 04:29 PM
as long as the game isnt opened...you should be able to return it to a place like wal-mart. they will usually take back anything they stock as long as it is unopened...(without a reciept- they should give you store credit) which is fine if you just want a different game

mwc115
11-13-2001, 05:06 PM
I was thinking about the doing the same thing with a game in my bundle. I don't think that all places will take it, but I agree Wal-mart will take just about anything back. Unless someone has made them aware that these things are selling in bundles. Or if a lot of other people get this idea and they can't figure out why in the heck they have more games in stock than they ordered.

jeah
11-13-2001, 05:26 PM
well i don't want to return oddworld for money.... i figure since i already spent the money on it, i will just get another game. It seems like there should be no problem exchanging games. I guess we'll see though....

smack119
11-13-2001, 05:30 PM
try wal-mart thats your best bet at something like that...just say you got the game as a b-day gift....but you already got it with your bundle...or some story like that :)