PDA

View Full Version : Post 100 things BAD about Halo

frAn
10-13-2002, 10:43 AM
This is for people like me and EHW. Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but I've played a lot better.

1. No bots( nice point)
2. Not very many guns to choose from. I'm sorry, but after using those guns OVER and OVER, it gets old.
3. The game takes ZERO time to beat.
4.Only the last sequence of the last level is a challenge.

E Nomini Patri
10-13-2002, 12:27 PM
5. There aren't a hundred BAD THINGS (say it right) about Halo.

Stride
10-13-2002, 01:27 PM
ey someone read my post :D

And I could only come up with one bad thing and that is that there aren't enough different covenant. Ok you got different levels but basicaly they're the same just a different colour.

SoccerCJM77
10-13-2002, 01:47 PM
I can think of only one thing
bad about halo and it is that it would be cool
to have different peole in Multiplayer
than Master Chief. But that is why they are
making Halo 2:p

frAn
10-13-2002, 03:38 PM
NEWS FLASH

HALO ISN"T GOD...

What is so special about Halo? It's entertaining and all, but it's not the greatest game ever produced...

Stride
10-13-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by frAn
NEWS FLASH

HALO ISN"T GOD...

What is so special about Halo? It's entertaining and all, but it's not the greatest game ever produced...

Your right, it isn't the greatest game ever made but it is a very very good game and it doesn't deserve the criticisime that it's given by some people.

frAn
10-13-2002, 06:14 PM
Alright Stride, I'll agree with you and stop the argument here. I wasn't trying to **** evyone off, just making a point..

Stride
10-13-2002, 06:23 PM
Ya I know and it was a good point :)

EHWfedPres
10-14-2002, 03:10 PM
I dont hate Halo, i hate people like StarWarsFanMan who worship it and praise the game like it's a God-send, and probably has Halo slippers and underwear...but thats just an assumption.

I like Halo alot actually...but only if there's other people to play with...NO GODDAMM BOTS!

Other bad things:

-AI is dumb
-Anyone allowed to pick the level and gametype in multiplayer instead of just Player 1 (ANNOYING AS HELL!)
-Not allowed to pause during Multiplayer (have to pìss, tough)
-Not enough weapons
-Singleplayer is repetative, same thing over and over, sometimes going back to the same spot.
-only 3 vehicles
-only 2 maps that support vehicles
-very few maps
-can't play multiplayer unless you have other people playing with you. (no bots is the dumbest thing ever)
-frag grenades suck, they hardly do anything.
-people who only want to play on Blood Glutch

OppiumNitrates
10-14-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

sorry have to disagree there . . . . . . maybe if you throw them 100 feet form your enemy then dont do anything, but when you learn to throw them at your enemies feet they do plenty . . . . saying they dont do anything is just stupid

EHWfedPres
10-15-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

sorry have to disagree there . . . . . . maybe if you throw them 100 feet form your enemy then dont do anything, but when you learn to throw them at your enemies feet they do plenty . . . . saying they dont do anything is just stupid

Well i'll admit, they do inflich damage, but not nearly enough. It's a grenade for crying out loud...it could blow a hole in the wall and limbs off people, but all it does in Halo is knock their shield down and take a few bars of health, even if you walk directly over one. Plus they bounce so it takes some time before you figure out the physics...and plasma are better anyway...

Gotenks7233
10-15-2002, 04:09 PM
1. Singleplayer gets repetative

2. No bots

3. Flood

Other than that its a great game

davidx
10-15-2002, 07:03 PM
The only things I diskliked about Halo (months ago, when i stopped playing it, unlike some of you Halo FREAKS) were:

- The Flood. They get fu*king annoying as hell after awhile.

- Most levels too linear. Should have more freedom...could revolutionize FPS as we know them.

That's it. Now get on with your lives!!

X:cool:

E Nomini Patri
10-15-2002, 08:02 PM
I hate people like StarWarsFanMan.

I'm sorry.

http://www.3tee.com/music-tshirts/Custom%20T-shirt%20Page/custom-dont-hate-me.gif

Reclaimer
10-15-2002, 09:10 PM
No flying vehicles in m/p maps.

No exclusive indoor maps with vehicles

Lack of "urbanized" levels in m/p maps

Can't be anything other than M.C. in m/p mode.

Strange little bugs in the system.
You can shoot a tire on the wart hog and it damages the driver or occupants.

Vehicles take no damage regardless of situation. But will hurt occupants instead.

Can only run in one speed. Need to sprint? You're s.o.l.

Marine A.I. a little sketchy at times,
Marines have no interpretation of "friendly fire"
Marines are helpful until they become impatient.
Marines aim their guns at your head when they talk to you.

Cortana can be annoying sometimes. "Wait, this cave doesn't look like a natural formation." No ****. Really?
What's a wild cat destablization?
(To Guilty Spark 343) "Sod Off!" What, that's original.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game. There is still no FPS that exceeds Halo yet. So until then , the Game of the year remains the best thing around.

E Nomini Patri
10-15-2002, 10:36 PM
UC and Ghost Recon baby! Those will rule!

HaloMasterVI
10-16-2002, 02:16 AM
EHWfedPres, if the AI in Halo is so dumb and frag grenades should knock holes in walls and rip off limbs etc...give me a game where grenades do knock holes in walls and rip off limps , or a game with better AI.

How about a game with a physics engine like Halo?

HaloMasterVI
10-16-2002, 02:17 AM
For my bad things, I'd have to say of couse no multiplayer bots, repetitve level design sometimes, and multiplayer lacks the banshee.

Reclaimer
10-16-2002, 04:58 AM
The grenades are perfect. It's just a matter of mastery. You have to learn when is the perfect chance to throw one. Sure the enemies run away when one gets tossed to them in open spaces, but you have to learn to wait until you see groups of them in a small area with few places to run. That's when grenades rock. Frags are cool for groups of wide spaced enemies and the plasmas are for the vehicles and tight groups.

Once you figured out the art of Halo grenades, you are the king.

Ethereal S. D.
10-16-2002, 07:39 AM
Once you figured out the art of Halo grenades, you are the king.

I couln't have said it better myself!
I almost laughed myself to death after i stuck a plasma grenade on an ellite's crotch just before he killed me (in legendary). You could see me die, then you hear the ellite's coarse laugh suddenly interupted by a grenade blast and it's death scream. I emediately screamed "IF I AM GOING TO HELL, YOU SURE AS HELL ARE GOING WITH ME!"

Halo isn't the perfect game, but it's pretty close! That is what seqels are for:)

E Nomini Patri
10-16-2002, 09:38 AM
I think we can all tell that ehwfedpres couldn't get past the very beginning of Halo on easy...:rolleyes:

OppiumNitrates
10-16-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by HaloMasterVI
EHWfedPres, if the AI in Halo is so dumb and frag grenades should knock holes in walls and rip off limbs etc...give me a game where grenades do knock holes in walls and rip off limps , or a game with better AI.

exactly

hiddenagender
10-16-2002, 03:01 PM
Thing bad about halo:
1)multiplayer(on same console ) SUCKS
2)limited guns to chose from
3)NOTHING ELSE IS BAD>

Stride
10-16-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by hiddenagender

What the **** does that mean :confused:

People I urge you stop saying stupid things. If your not so good at english please go look the words up in a dictionary or something before you post them.

I thank you for your time :)

frAn
10-16-2002, 08:26 PM
Hello peoples, I'm back from vacation, and after reading the posts, i believe I shall pick back up in the discussion.
To the person who asked us to name a more efficient AI, I will have to respond by telling you to go pick up any FPS shooter game that involves friendly troops, and see if they are stupid enough to attack YOU in the midst of a fight against the enemy, just because you accidentally shot him.
Wow, that sentence was really long and confusing, oops.
I will have to agree with hidden about the non-LAN multiplayer, it is boring as hell.
I must go bash my head into my xbox now, lates

EHWfedPres
10-17-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by HaloMasterVI

First off, unless walking directly into enemy fire, standing there, then running away, is not considered dumb, then you have me on that one...

Next, since I did say that frag grenades should knock holes in the walls and blow people apart (I said that's what would happen in real life)...anyway, you want a game where grenades blow holes in the walls? Play Red Faction (for the pc of course). You want limbs falling off, play Soldier of Fortune (for the pc). You want a game with a better AI, look yourself. Every video game has dumb computer opponents, every game.

I think perhaps the frag grenades should be a little stronger rather than being nothing more than a flashbang...:rolleyes:

EHWfedPres
10-17-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
I think we can all tell that ehwfedpres couldn't get past the very beginning of Halo on easy...:rolleyes:

What a mature assumption...im guessing you're 10...maybe 11.

Just because you care so much how far I got in the single player, I beat the whole thing on legendary...and it did not take long at all...which is why Halo would be worse than devil may cry and max payne if it were not for multiplayer. ;)

Ethereal S. D.
10-17-2002, 12:25 PM
It would still be nice to see a few covenant grunts being gibbed by a frag grenade once in a while:rolleyes:

HaloMasterVI
10-21-2002, 03:29 PM
Hello peoples, I'm back from vacation, and after reading the posts, i believe I shall pick back up in the discussion.
To the person who asked us to name a more efficient AI, I will have to respond by telling you to go pick up any FPS shooter game that involves friendly troops, and see if they are stupid enough to attack YOU in the midst of a fight against the enemy, just because you accidentally shot him.
Wow, that sentence was really long and confusing, oops.
I will have to agree with hidden about the non-LAN multiplayer, it is boring as hell.
I must go bash my head into my xbox now, lates

First off, in Halo, if you shoot your teammates on accident, they never turn on you, it's only when you kill 2 or sometimes more of them.

OUberLord
10-23-2002, 11:31 AM
Well i'll admit, they do inflich damage, but not nearly enough. It's a grenade for crying out loud...it could blow a hole in the wall and limbs off people

Well, simply put, it wouldn't, couldn't, and shouldn't. Frag grenades, aka fragmentation grenades, inflict their damage by flinging shrapnel in every direction. This shrapnel is relatively small and would not "Blow holes in walls or limbs off of people", but it would kill. The only time that the grenade would even remotely cause severance to the limbs would be if it was held against one.

However, HE or high explosive grenades would blow limbs off of enemies, since a HE uses sheer concussive force. However, HE grenades still wouldnt blow holes in walls that were reinforced, which nearly every wall in Halo is.

On the damage note, ive found a single frag grenade will kill every enemy in the game except for the Covenant Tank and a Hunter. Elites, Jackals, and Grunts can all be easily killed with one, while killing a Ghost or Banshee with one takes quite a bit of luck, but I have seen it done.

If you hate Halo so badly, and want to blow holes in walls for no apparent reason, please try Red Faction. Im sure you will find it much more enjoyable.

ADDON TO POST:

It would still be nice to see a few covenant grunts being gibbed by a frag grenade once in a while I was just thinking that, if a frag grenade did blow up RIGHT by a grunt, since they have such small limbs you probably would see some severing going on, but I think hearing them scream "Bad Cyborg!" is a good tradeoff :D

Staying on topic:
The only bad things I see with Halo are:
[list=1]
No Bots (But that would be hard to implement)
Only two big multiplayer maps (The Silent Catagropher level should have been a multiplayer level)
Lack of a Covenant sniper rifle
Lack of banshees in multiplayer (And only two spots in single player for that matter)
[/list=1]
Other than those points, Halo may not be God's gift to gaming but it is definately the best FPS to be released for any console. Nothing else comes close.

EHWfedPres
10-23-2002, 11:42 AM
Ok then, hold a frag grenade in your hand and see what happens after it explodes...and then go looking for your hand...

OUberLord
10-23-2002, 12:00 PM
Post: Ok then, hold a frag grenade in your hand and see what happens after it explodes...and then go looking for your hand...

Previously said by me: The only time that the grenade would even remotely cause severance to the limbs would be if it was held against one. I uh, already said that, but thanks for trying.

EHWfedPres
10-23-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by OUberLord

I uh, already said that, but thanks for trying.

so standing over one would only cause a minor scratch?

OUberLord
10-23-2002, 09:09 PM
No standing over a fragmentation grenade would be quite fatal, but it wouldnt be a Hollywood-esque limbs flying everywhere gore-fest either.

Ethereal S. D.
10-24-2002, 07:06 AM
Well the AI has at least enough inteligence to jump out of the way when a grenade lands near them. But they do have their moments of sheer stupidity when it comes to me accidentally running them over cause they won't move out of the way. So here I am driving my the Scorpion, then i tell the guys to get off and help me fight. After we killed all hostiles in the area, i jump in my tank, all the NPCs run toward me so they can get on. But there is one too many and he doesn't get on but stands right in front of me. I couln't back up cause i was up against a wall and if i turned, i would still kill him.

anyway, you probably know already what happened to him in the end.:D

OUberLord
10-24-2002, 12:47 PM
granted, that is fairly stupid, but that would be a hard thing to code AI-wise, and the chance of that situation happening by accident is very small.

Ethereal S. D.
10-25-2002, 01:07 PM
Actually, it has happened many times to me before. Maybe it`s my driving. Oh well, at least i`m good at running over Covenant almost as well as humans. lol

hqcosniper
10-25-2002, 05:56 PM
Ok folks, in real life frag grenades have a 5 meter kill radius, which means anyone within five meters in diameter of the blast is KIA (sure there are some exceptions where they don't die) but a huge majority of the time you would be dead. It has a 15 meter casualty radius, which means anyone within 15 meters will sustain some injury, or death. Straight out of the Marine Corps School of Infantry hand book. It ain't gonna blow walls up. But incendiary granades will melt through a couple of inches of metal, now thats somethin I'd like to see in Halo 2!!!:D

EHWfedPres
10-25-2002, 07:32 PM
another bad thing...no unlimited grenades in system link...:confused:

frAn
10-27-2002, 11:46 AM
****** I'm tired of hearing this fanboy ****. Someone give me a straight up answer as to waht is so much better about halo than every other FPS game of its kind ******.
**** heads.
BTW-I got one of those controllers that blow cold air...very nice...

ScorpionX
10-27-2002, 12:08 PM
another bad thing...no unlimited grenades in system link...:confused:

Uhhh yea there is :rolleyes:

OUberLord
10-27-2002, 06:36 PM
[list=a]
Involvement. No other FPS realy draws the player into the world as much as Halo, allthough AvP2 comes close.
Lifelike characters. The characters in the game all had their distinct personalities, and combined with great voice acting they added to the experience.
A quasi-realistic plot. Wasn't completely realistic, but it wasnt too off the wall either.
Grunts. How could you not love a game that has enemies that start crying like little girls once they see you?
The Warthog. Granted a rather small area of the game but what is more fun than ramping off a cliff and landing on a jackal while your buddy guns an elite down with the mingun?
Ease of control. This really only applies to consoles, as PCs have much better devices for control, but no other console FPS really pulled the control off like Halo did.
The ability to pick any playing style you like. Many areas in the game can be completed without firing a shot, just sneak around and club them. Of course, its just as easy to go in Rambo but the fact that you have a choice is awesome.
[/list=a]
Give me any FPS on the consoles that can match Halo in terms of anything. There are many FPSs on the PC that are on the same terms if not better than Halo, but they are few and far between.

ScorpionX
10-27-2002, 08:16 PM
Another good thing is that you can only carry 2 guns at a time, it adds tons of strategy to the game.

OUberLord
10-27-2002, 08:23 PM
yeah, it made it very strategic.

The only thing i was thinking is it would probably be possible to carry three guns if two of them were pistols, but either way its nice that you can carry 50 guns.

frAn
10-27-2002, 08:38 PM
007 and SOCOM IMHO are much better than Halo...

EHWfedPres
10-27-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Scorpion}{

Uhhh yea there is :rolleyes:

Uh, not with 8 people wee-tawd...

Another bad thing...only 2 teams.

Another bad thing...after playing with 8 people, you never want to play with any less people. :D

OUberLord
10-27-2002, 09:51 PM
The only good 007 game so far was Goldeneye for the N64, and while revolutionary for its time, it doesnt hold a candle to Halo. As for SOCOM, no matter how hard you beat a dead horse with a stick, or what stick you choose, the outcome isnt going to be any different.

EHWfedPres
10-27-2002, 09:56 PM
The only good 007 game so far was Goldeneye for the N64, and while revolutionary for its time, it doesnt hold a candle to Halo. As for SOCOM, no matter how hard you beat a dead horse with a stick, or what stick you choose, the outcome isnt going to be any different.

goldeneye sucked do bad, and it still does.

TWINE was good because i was God when i had the grenade launcher...everyone i layed eyes on was dead...but im sadly not as good as i used to be. :(

SpartanSniper
10-29-2002, 06:31 PM
I haven't really seen anything about Halo that is actually a bad thing compared to other games.

Halo is as good as it gets.....(that was a good movie.....)

symposiumx
10-29-2002, 06:56 PM

Well i'll admit, they do inflich damage, but not nearly enough. It's a grenade for crying out loud...it could blow a hole in the wall and limbs off people, but all it does in Halo is knock their shield down and take a few bars of health, even if you walk directly over one. Plus they bounce so it takes some time before you figure out the physics...and plasma are better anyway...

I agree on the point about preferring the plasma over the frag.

I disagree with your point about that they should do more damage. You have to rememebr that masterchief is in armour, ect.
Besides, if you want to be THAT technical about it, then a pistol should kill in one shot at short-medium range.
It's just a game for christ's sake, you can't have it 100% real.

xboxaddict1226
10-29-2002, 07:28 PM
yeah im with symposiumx its a game cant be all real 100% or else it would be no fun like in 007 if it was 1 shot kills bong well than not many people would have beat that game. i cant really find any big flaws in halo

Ethereal S. D.
10-30-2002, 06:55 AM
But it would be fun if there were game morphs in halo like there was in Goldeneye. Just think of it... A DK cheat would be hilarious for the grunts, ellites and marines alike. Not to mention infinite ammo, a few hidden guns to discover and all that sort of thing...
aw well, here's hoping
:)

Trancemaster
10-30-2002, 02:38 PM
1. Boring multiplayer maps
2. Few mp maps
3. No items to crouch behind etc in mp games...
4. ****ING smoke from the sniper rounds give away your position.
5. Unable to lay down
6. Why no 1st person view driving vehicles?
7. No camouflage that help u blend in...
8. Gun MUCH to effective at long range... (learn how to handle the gun and u win every time...)

ScorpionX
10-30-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Trancemaster
2. Few mp maps
5. Unable to lay down
8. Gun MUCH to effective at long range... (learn how to handle the gun and u win every time...)

First off the MP maps are far from boring. Play a LAN and I bet BG will be the funnest level you have ever played. I kind of agree that there aren't enough maps in MP, but it is no biggie. And if your complaining about the sniper smoke, shoot in the head. Laying down? You have to be kidding me, I am glad they didn't put that option in, you would be dead in an instant. No camouflage? Yes there IS camo in the game, on every level. And what gun are you referring to that is too effective? The pistol is the greatest weapon in the game, and there is no way you will win EVERY time.

frAn
10-30-2002, 08:04 PM
I have had enough arguing over this, I didsn't realize you guys would get so ****ed...I was just tired of fanboys...
Here's an off the topic question: How do you guys go about doing a LAN over xbox?
I mean, first off, how do you get ahold of 4 xboxes? Second, where do you get 15 frioends that will actually show up?
Third, Aren't TV's a bit cumbersome to hook up and where do you get the TV's?
I'm just asking this because I'm looking forward to ghost recon on LAN hehe. I was just wondering how you go about settign up an xbox LAN. The more detail the better:D Thx guys.

EHWfedPres
10-31-2002, 12:16 AM
There should be alot more multiplayer maps...but they probably take up too much room...heck, a character profile takes up 227 blocks if im not mistaken...thats a hell of alot.

Sidewinder is the best map for multiplayer games with 8 or more people...especially in CTF games.

Ethereal S. D.
10-31-2002, 12:07 PM
For the multiplayer LAN party, i would suggest to use broadband cable ( any would do, but make shure it fits in the socket) and get a broadband hub (I think that they can be found at any Electonics Boutique). This way, you can connect 4 X-Boxes together. as for the tv problem, ask your friends to bring their most portable tv in the house (anything not bigger than 25 inches in screen size) and possibly play only 2 people per screen due to visibility unless you want it otherwize. (make sure to get some VCRs because most people don't have the RFU unit that comes seperately from the X-Box. Hope it helps!

Oh, and one more thing,

only SOME of the maps are boring.

2. Few mp maps
I know, it needs some more, but thats what sequels are for :)

Then you are looking with your eyes closed

Not if you aim for the head!
5. Unable to lay down
Why would you want to?

Something to think about

again, you have been looking with your eyes closed!

Are you talking about the pistol? If it has a scope, then why not use it?

Some people these days!:rolleyes:

ScorpionX
10-31-2002, 04:18 PM
I have had enough arguing over this, I didsn't realize you guys would get so ****ed...I was just tired of fanboys...
Here's an off the topic question: How do you guys go about doing a LAN over xbox?
I mean, first off, how do you get ahold of 4 xboxes? Second, where do you get 15 frioends that will actually show up?
Third, Aren't TV's a bit cumbersome to hook up and where do you get the TV's?
I'm just asking this because I'm looking forward to ghost recon on LAN hehe. I was just wondering how you go about settign up an xbox LAN. The more detail the better:D Thx guys.

Oh please you make a thread about how bad Halo is, and you haven't even had a LAN, which is the funnest part of Halo. :rolleyes:

xbox1
11-07-2002, 06:56 AM
WHAT?! i love the flood! i know they get annoying sometimes but its the secret in halo!when i first met them i was like,wow!

y2kash_14
11-09-2002, 10:31 PM
Halo only get the credit that it gets because its the only Killer-app we have for the Xbox........sure there are great games out, but Halo is probably the only System Seller. Halo is a great game, but it is definitley not good as good as a lot of other games (Alien vs. Predator 2, Red Faction, Half-Life etc.) I am looking forward to Halo 2 if they fix the MANY problems that Halo had.

bray
11-22-2002, 11:19 PM
obviously you guys dont play halo on legendary for your single player experience. it is hands down the best fps ever.

Ethereal S. D.
11-25-2002, 12:02 PM
If you look at my single player profile, it gives me 3 symbols for all possible single player maps.

1 for normal
1 for heroic
and 1 for legendary

so don't give me this bs about me not playing it at legendary.
Besides, if you complete a map in legendary and go back to it after finishing it, some grunts carry fuel cell rod cannons like bazookas that selfdestruct after killing the poor grunt.

tss
11-30-2002, 11:24 AM
The one thing I did not like about Halo ... and this is pretty much the only thing ... was the frame rate at certain points.

Serious Sam (Review) (http://seriousfix.com/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=211&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0) had no frame rate problems and it threw hundreds of enemies at you at one time.

Other than that ... I loved Halo. Still play it from time to time. I am greatly looking forward to Halo 2.

:)

Ethereal S. D.
12-02-2002, 01:37 PM
I loved Serious Sam.
I had it for the computer and it rocked.
I had nicknames for all the weapons and all the enemies and if I played with some friends over, it was funny as hell sometimes.
But sometimes I think they went overkill with the ammount of enemies but i am looking forward for the X-Box release for this game.

Sound2TheBay
12-05-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by hiddenagender
I really like multiplayer mode on this game.

My biggest complaint would be that there are too few guns to use.:eek:

Slacker
12-05-2002, 06:33 PM
Back to a 100 bad things about Halo,

since I have nothing bad to say about it, someone else get back on topic .

frAn
12-06-2002, 09:57 PM
Ok I'll start a list of so far complaints.
1.Few Mp Maps
2.Bad Mp Maps.
3.Few Guns to choose from.
4.The flood.
5.Weakness of the frag grenade.
6.Low FPS.
7.Game too damn short
8.The fact that it takes 80000000 hits to kill master chief and 1 to kill a grunt.
9.too Much accuracy when you spray the assault rifle/every other gun.
10.3rd person vehicle view.
11. Noone but master chief in MP.

xboxman_1
12-06-2002, 11:07 PM
The one thing I did not like about Halo ... and this is pretty much the only thing ... was the frame rate at certain points.
HHmmm....... I've played a hell of a lot of Halo, and I've never seen the framerate stutter...excpt when we had 16 people and 4 jeeps at the same time...but that happened once..

Plewis
12-06-2002, 11:16 PM

the frag grenade is my favorite weapon in the game. I was playing with my friends who all have halo and play it plenty and I was owning them, my score doubling them just cuz I used frag grenades... I have two enemies turning the corner at battle creek around the side of the building, 1 well placed grenade, and 2 shots to each of their heads and I don't even need my teammate. It is the best weapon in the game and if you want to beat the game on legendary without frag grenades, you won't.

jack talent
12-07-2002, 03:46 PM
1.Few Mp Maps
2.Bad Mp Maps.
4.The flood.
6.Low FPS.
7.Game too damn short
8.The fact that it takes 80000000 hits to kill master chief and 1 to kill a grunt.

4. whats wrong with the flood? they just get repetitive at one point. That doesn't mean there not good characters.

5. who are they weak against? every type of opponent is killed in one throw, if placed properly. Except Hunters.

8. Grunts are small little craps..... MC is some kinda super human SPARTAN or whatever.... with a sheild. Besides, would you like it if your character was killed in one shot?

10. Its your opinion.... but I think its great that they did this. I like to get a little break from FPS.

Reclaimer
12-07-2002, 09:41 PM
1.Few Mp Maps
2.Bad Mp Maps.
4.The flood.
6.Low FPS.
7.Game too damn short

1. OK, I'll give you that, because I agree.

2. What's bad? It just depends on the game you play. 2 people deathmatching on Sidewinder with no vehicles sucks. Just depends on the amount of people and the rules set for the game. The game recommends how many people for a particular map. It's a true recommendation. Sure I'd like vehicles in an interior level, but it's up to you to make a level entertaining. Nothing like the look on someones face when they run into the corridors of sidewinder to meet a jeep load of angry masterchiefs inside the mountain!

3. What do you expect? Carry 10 guns like Doom? It's pretty realistic what you carry, and I think the weapons are more than enough adequate. You can snipe, have a machine gun, a shotgun, a pistol, or a rocket launcher. Pretty much covers the bases of what you can do in combat.

4. The Flood is a turning point in the story line. You are supposed to be overwhelmed by their sheer numbers. They're there for a reason and they're masses are there in conjunction with the story.

5. Grenades are an art. Sure they won't do much in an open field, with nobody really around, but in small spaces, small rooms, they rock. You can use them as flashbangs or as a room clearer. Depends on the application. Just like any weapon. Look at the pistol. Sucks at first, but if you master it, it's almost the best gun.

6. I've had the Frame rate drop only a few times. But it's not devasting to the game and it only happens rarely.

7. Legendary solo makes for an insanely long game. I'm good, but even on legendary it get's pretty sick and I'll still get stuck in few places. I beat the game on easy, yeah it didn't take very long. Went back on legendary, now that took forever. Slow and painfully I made progress against those insanely ruthless covenants.

8. To make it simple, you're a cyborg with a shield, they're humans with barely any armor or any protection to speak of. You need to keep them alive, or they'll get killed quickly. You are their back up.

9. I'm not sure what you mean. Is that a typo? All machine guns are inaccurate in a spray fire situation. Even in real life, I'm a marksman with the M-16 / M-4 in single shot. But if I switch to burst mode or even full auto, I might as well forget about accuracy. Just put the bullets downrange long enough to make a hasty exit from a situation or to lay cover fire in a vicinity of unconfirmed enemies. Use short smart bursts with the AR and you'll be OK. Even if you're hitting your target consistently, use bursts to maintain overall hit for shots fired accuracy. Here's an experiment. Find a boulder in the game or some large object that shows bullet holes. Stand back aways and fire full on in automatic. Now switch to short bursts. See? Now move in towards the target using bursts and full auto and you'll see the dramatic difference in shot spread. The smaller the pattern (just as in real life) the better odds of a fatal encounter with you.

10. Jesus, can you imagine trying to drive any vehicle in that game in 1st person? You'll never get anywhere quickly. You need that 3rd person just to see what's coming up over the next hill. Remember how frusterating it is to shoot as the gunner in the warthog when the driver is going somewhere off road at full speed? It'll be 10 times worse trying to drive like that.

11. Well, yeah, I guess change is good. Wait for Halo2. I'd like to be an Elite once in awhile.

frAn
12-08-2002, 08:59 PM
in reference to the spraying and bursting, i know exactly what you mean, and that is my complaint. The AR should be inaccurate ass hell when sparaying, but its not. You can spray from 150 yds away and kill an enemy. That is just pointless and makes the game repetitive.

thunderkiss2k1
12-08-2002, 09:11 PM
I dont hate Halo, i hate people like StarWarsFanMan who worship it and praise the game like it's a God-send, and probably has Halo slippers and underwear...but thats just an assumption.

I like Halo alot actually...but only if there's other people to play with...NO GODDAMM BOTS!

Other bad things:

-AI is dumb
-Anyone allowed to pick the level and gametype in multiplayer instead of just Player 1 (ANNOYING AS HELL!)
-Not enough weapons
-Singleplayer is repetative, same thing over and over, sometimes going back to the same spot.
-only 3 vehicles
-very few maps
-can't play multiplayer unless you have other people playing with you. (no bots is the dumbest thing ever)

Bots sucks anyway. Peace.

shrew king
12-09-2002, 12:00 AM
it doesnt take much skill to beat the game... maybe have some puzzling parts or something, its a little too straight forward for me.

ShannonX
12-09-2002, 10:29 PM
yeah, it made it very strategic.

The only thing i was thinking is it would probably be possible to carry three guns if two of them were pistols, but either way its nice that you can carry 50 guns.

makes it a hell of alot more realistic... whens the last time you saw a soldier carrying around 15 guns including rocket launchers, grenade launchers, shotguns, machineguns, miniguns, pistols.... uh, yeah, very realistic. =)

Ethereal S. D.
12-13-2002, 01:54 PM
lol maybe you should change your difficulty setting from Easy to Legendary. That would make it more fun!:D

TheCovenant
12-17-2002, 06:07 PM

Other bad things:

-AI is dumb
-Not enough weapons
-only 3 vehicles
-very few maps

-The AI is revolutionary, best ever, supercees even that of half life.
-Maybe cause you're friends are jeks.....
-you're not allowed to pause in anyshooting multyplayer game ( im willing to bet that 15 people dont wanna wait for you to take a ****)
-Theres exactly as many weapons as needed. Bungie didn't want to create an unreal, blast fest. The weapons require strategy, and balance. no weapon is better than every weapon in every situation.
-banshee anyone? if you mean in multiplayer, that more vehicles than iv'e ever seen in a shooting game.
-there are less than that in other games (socom, redfaction2), and the maps that they do have are very fun, but yea, i also believe they could have had more than 2 vehicle maps.
-bots arent the easiest thing to program. in fact, epic and digital extremes, took most of their time workning on the AI for their bots. If you wanted the game on NOV. 15, 2001 (and i sure as hell did) you had to live without bots.
-again, the weapons are balanced. ever throw a frag in the middle of 20 grunts or jackals? takes out everything. they also get a master chief in multiplayer, and can take out vehicles. (but hey, if you dont know how to use it.....thats just you.)
-bloodgulch is the best map, and how is where other people wanna play, mnake the game worse? thats just the people.......

frAn
12-31-2002, 06:30 PM
Shutup you fanboys.

Fragbait
12-31-2002, 06:38 PM
what really,really annoys me on Halo MP (XBC) is that vehicles dont have a health/ damage thing and they use MCs health. I would like to see a bit more 'realism' regarding use of anti armour weopons. (perhaps i shud give sum of the bungie guys a shotgun and a pistol and make them fight against a tank, see who the winnner is.........thatd make em change it for halo 2. The freezing effect of plasma rifles og the ghost is annoying as nothing wil limit is firedrive up behind a scorpion and keep firing, and he'll be dead before hes turned round to shoot u.grrrrrrrrr)

about the smoke from the sniper rifle thing revealing ur posistion-even if u do kill them in 1 shot it goes to external view and shows the posistion neway

no banshee on mp is fine by me, at least on ctf. picture wot would happen if the got 1........no chance of getting it back. (sum mounted laags a base perhaps??)

Ethereal S. D.
01-05-2003, 01:01 PM
no banshee on mp is fine by me, at least on ctf. picture wot would happen if the got 1........no chance of getting it back. (sum mounted laags a base perhaps??)

Hmm, now there's an interesting point. If there were only 1 banshee for a ctf match, then it would be one of the grandest king of the hill type of deal just to get to it first. Once one person gets it... then lol, he is damn well going to keep it. But what if Bungie Decides to create something like a starcraft type deal where you have to collect resources and build your own vehicles to fight with... then aggain, the vehicles would have to be destructable, but... fun none the less.

HAROLD
01-05-2003, 01:17 PM
THE ONLY THING THAT I HATE ABOUT HALO IS THE GAME IS TOO ****ING SHORT:( :( :mad:

Ethereal S. D.
01-05-2003, 01:18 PM
You know what would be great? If Halo 2 came with 2 to 4 cds. Now that would be a long game:D

HAROLD
01-05-2003, 06:34 PM
Yeah you maybe right i hope halo2 came with 2 or 4 cd's so it can be a very long game.But anyway i love halo 1 is one of the best games i ever played. :cool: :cool:

KnightX
01-05-2003, 09:30 PM
One of people's biggest complaints (and in the game reviews), is that there aren't enough variety in the alien types you meet. What more variety do you need? Do you think the aliens get sick of fighting the same old humans cause there isn't enough variety and "body types" for us?

If you want to complain about Halo take up programming and make something better so other people can complain about it.

Originally posted by Ethereal S. D.

I almost laughed myself to death after i stuck a plasma grenade on an elite's crotch just before he killed me (in legendary). You could see me die, then you hear the ellite's coarse laugh suddenly interupted by a grenade blast and it's death scream. I immediately screamed "IF I AM GOING TO HELL, YOU SURE AS HELL ARE GOING WITH ME!"