PDA

View Full Version : Would you have bought an XBox if Halo didn't exist?? ... think hard.

wweomaniac
10-13-2002, 07:39 PM
So... we see that XBox sales suck ass in Japan and thats because there aren't any good Japanese games.

But here in America, would you have bought an XBox if Halo didn't exist?

Xbox Owner
10-13-2002, 07:48 PM
Yes. I bought Xbox on the US launch date, and got halo in Febuary, because I didn't like shooting games, until' I got Halo.:)

y2kash_14
10-13-2002, 07:51 PM
if Halo didn't exist, then i probably wouldn't have gotten my Xbox on launch day. But i would probably have gotten my Xbox around this time.....because Shenmue II is around the corner

DOOM
10-13-2002, 07:51 PM
A Huge,
YES!!!
There Is SoOo Much More Than HaLo That XBOX Has To Offer...
I Love My XBOX & My 16 Games!
I Would Buy XBOX Again In A Heart Beat...:)

Variation-XBA
10-13-2002, 07:55 PM
At first I didnt even WANT Halo....then after awhile when I got my Xbox, I got smarter http://216.40.241.68/contrib/ruinkai/biggrinyoyoA.gif

Zion
10-13-2002, 08:03 PM
Of course! I've got 10 times more enjoyment out of stuff like Circus Maximus and Blood Wake than I ever got out of Halo.

Nothing against Halo, it's just not my kind of game.

Shadow20002
10-13-2002, 08:09 PM
I bought the Xbox for many others reasons.

Premium Xbox
10-13-2002, 08:13 PM
I don't even have 'Halo'. So, that's a yes!

SPARTAN VI
10-13-2002, 08:14 PM
Yes, back in the day, I saw the commercial or the showing of a robot and a woman dancing, the robot was mimicing what the woman did. It was showing the graphical power of the XBOX I think. At the time, TheCovenant and I were absolutely going with the GameCube, because it wa the only thing we knew, and we hoped it would be better than PS2. When we heard all the great things about the XBOX, and that Microsoft was behind it, we were convinced. In one of my older GamePro magazines, they showed Ghost Recon and Battlefield 1942 under the XBOX's name, that jsut encouraged me more. So TheCovenant and I said to each other, WE ARE GOING TO BE PLAYING GHOST RECON WHEN XBOX LAUNCHES!! IT"LL BE THE GREATEST IN THE WORLD!

Slim Shady
10-13-2002, 08:16 PM
i didnt really care about halo before xbox came out....i thought it was just another fps...and i dont play fps....untill halo...i got xbox cause i heard it had the best graphics :)

shrew king
10-13-2002, 08:18 PM
my parents got me an xbox on christmas and then i found out they had rented halo, i played it and didnt like the controls. i was playing oddworld (another game they rented for me) the rest of the time, ignoring halo.

a couple weeks after that i rented halo to give it a second chance and loved it, i would have gotten my xbox either way.

Highlite23
10-13-2002, 08:24 PM
YES, without a doubt. The system on it's own is the best console out. PERIOD.

Halo was the 4th game i bought, so go figure.;)

MerimacHamwich
10-13-2002, 08:30 PM
Yes, I would have. I was immensly looking forward to Fable and still am. The game I wanted at launch was Amped and Halo had some of my attention too but if it didn't exist it wouldn't have made me not buy and xbox. There are too many things that I considered that made me buy an xbox. Heck, Halo really had nothing to do with it.

wweomaniac
10-13-2002, 08:54 PM
wow... I thought more people would have had Halo as their first game. I know I bought it first, and if it weren't for it, I probably wouldn't own any console.

Koopa
10-13-2002, 09:28 PM
i wouldnt have gotten it. I'd have probably waited till xbox live launched (ONE MONTH LEFT!)

smack119
10-13-2002, 09:30 PM
yes.....infact im in the minority that doesnt really like halo, it might be my least played game, well besides dark summit :)

fowlowl
10-13-2002, 10:08 PM
I saw all the features for Halo about 3-4 months before launch, and it got me really excited about the potential for Halo and for Xbox. When I think about it, Halo was the only reason I chose Xbox over Gamecube with Rare under its belt at the time.

Honestly, if it wasnt for Halo, I would have gotten a Gamecube. But I would have still chosen an Xbox over a PS2. Now that I look back, I'm very happy I got an Xbox, and I'd still keep it even if I didnt have Halo to bring me so much joy.

wweomaniac
10-14-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by smack119
yes.....infact im in the minority that doesnt really like halo, it might be my least played game, well besides dark summit :) lol... I'm glad that it's more played than Dark Summit.

kachingtensor
10-14-2002, 10:25 AM
I was all hyped about DOA3 at the time, so yes.:cool:

OppiumNitrates
10-14-2002, 10:25 AM
Yes. got Xbox for X-mas played Obi Wan all the time. . . . didnt play and get hooked to Halo untilll about febuary i think.

Stride
10-14-2002, 07:10 PM
I probably would have gotten it anyway but it did contributed because if it hadn't been for Halo I probably would have bought my xbox much later.

Squidpie
10-14-2002, 08:58 PM
I would of definetely got an XBOX if Halo didn't exist... I got my XBOX on launch day and I got DOA3 and Oddworld at the same time... Halo came later.... I love games and Xbox is the most powerful system.... I knew that there would be more and more games that I would just have to have as time went on... and now so many are comin out that its gonna be hard to decide what ones to get first.

Leviathon
10-15-2002, 09:12 AM
I would have to say that HALO weighed quite heavily on my decision. Quite frankly I don't know if I would have bought my xbox if it had not been for HALO and my friends having HALO parties.

I probably would not have even bought a game console. But when we started playing HALO at my friends house and started to link up the boxes together. It brought a whole new dimension to gaming. So I told my wife what I wanted for my B-Day.

Thanks Bungie...:)

GokuX
10-15-2002, 10:31 AM
I bought it and didn't even think much of Halo, in fact I figured Halo was an over-rated title that probably stunk.

Goku_69
10-15-2002, 11:58 AM
Halo is the bomb, but I got my xbox on launch date and didn't get halo until december. I had it for 2 weeks before I even played it.:confused:

odpr
10-15-2002, 05:45 PM
I would have bought the xbox either way, I admire good techology , and I knew that the xbox has the most ptoentianl to use it..

halo wansn't the reason I bought the xbox, altough a very god game!

more then that halo doesn't use half of what the xbox has to offer..

Strato99l
10-15-2002, 07:33 PM
.................I am the only one.
I got all three consoles on launch, I got halo as my first Xbox game (Went to 3 stores to find it) didnt get another game for 3 months.
Still play halo regularly. my top 5 best games ever. that list spans back to Atari 2600 so No, I wouldnt have bought an Xbox if there was no Halo

Dad
10-15-2002, 08:01 PM
Yes

EHWfedPres
10-15-2002, 08:32 PM
Halo is not the best game, nor the only game, so YES!

Afro Aura
10-15-2002, 09:48 PM
yeah I would have bought the XBOX if Halo wasn't on it, I loved my Dreamcast but was pi$$ed off with the cheats and PK's in PSO and when I heard that it was coming out for the XBOX with titles like Shenmue 2, DoA3, PGR (with I had seen in magazines) I thought this machine was fantastic with it's built in harddrive which will make better games and would cut back on loading, the broadband and the ablity to play DVDs (although I had a DVD already).

I also bought my XBOX on lanch 15/11/02 the US XBOX and the PAL XBOX which I too bought on lanch date, so yeah I'm happy with my purchase

So I hope that answers your question but I would NEVER ever buy a PS2 from those arrogant b@stards Sony

I was looking into buying a GC but not a the moment as there is nothing out there I want. Resident Evil could have been done on the XBOX with no problem all static screens with great lighting effects and thats it, if it was done in 3d that might had given me some reason to buy but alas it wasn't and Mario it looks great but when I had it on the N64 it got on my nerves so I'll give that one a miss

I am a fan of the Zelda series and Star Fox which I've seen but I'm still not that tempted to buy one as yet