PDA

View Full Version : something negative about halo

DenniZz81
11-13-2001, 07:11 AM
Weeeell i think Bungie or whoever made the game made a mistake not putting in bots.. since there is no ethernet playing available!

what if you are home alone and dont want to play single player?

darn..

walls_icy_cream
11-13-2001, 07:16 AM
Yeah, I was a little disappointed to hear that there was no bot support in Halo, especially as there aren't all that many multiplayer maps that are suitable for just 4 players. In order to enjoy Halo multiplayer at its best you have to link up several Xboxs, and as yet there is no internet support neither.

I still think this'll be a great game though, and can't wait to play it in both single and multi-player modes. :D

DenniZz81
11-13-2001, 07:20 AM
yeah dont get me wrong dude... apart from that issue
its a kickass game!!:cool:

DOOM
11-13-2001, 09:00 AM
Who The Hell Needs Bots When You Have Sutch An AmAzInG Single Player Game!
Anyway, They Will Probadly release Some Bot Levels On The OXM DVD Down The Road...
So Chillz!

CyberBOMB
11-13-2001, 11:18 AM
amen brotha doom!

you notice how people mention things like bots only when the game has already been shipped and we are 2 days away from launch.

besides that bots are ***. the enemy a.i. on single player is better than anything those bots could offer you.

DenniZz81
11-13-2001, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by CyberBOMB
amen brotha doom!

you notice how people mention things like bots only when the game has already been shipped and we are 2 days away from launch.

besides that bots are ***. the enemy a.i. on single player is better than anything those bots could offer you.

and why couldnt bots have the same ai?

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 12:04 PM
All I know is that I have the game chillin' in my gaming cabinet ready to be played on my XBox in two days...I'm so pumped! I love the coop play as well...this game is going to be tight!

xboxlover
11-13-2001, 01:21 PM
Hey doom how come u keep typing with caps at front of words is that a virus on ur comp or somtin.

MadMoose
11-13-2001, 05:39 PM
You dimwit,you dont need bots, and rogue spear is the best FPS ever. if you want to play halo multiplayer then you can hook up several xboxes and play, its the same amount of players as networking computers would be. and at least halo has a storyline and co-op mode, Unreal tourney Is just a bunch of people put in an arena to kill eachother

scarecrow kfj
11-13-2001, 05:50 PM
I just want to play.... waiting and waiting and waititng

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 05:57 PM
Madmoose...well, you have to admit, Unreal Championship will also be cool even if you are dumped into an arena hunting your buddies down to kill them :D hehe...

I have Halo chillin' in my living room...I can't wait to pop that puppy in my XBox after I race a few tracks on PGR :D

Frostberg
11-13-2001, 09:42 PM
Bots would of been nice, just to add some replay value...just because the AI is so good...but I would rather play with real people on another game, like Tribes or CS

JeremyX
11-13-2001, 10:16 PM
What are Bots?

Frostberg
11-13-2001, 10:22 PM
The computer controlled players...like in Quake games, Perfect Dark etc...It just would of been nice to take advantage of the super smart AI in Halo.

SquirrelJam
11-13-2001, 10:35 PM
what are bots?
Characters or enemies you face, that would normally be played or controlled by humans, are instead, controlled by Artificial Intelligence. Autonomous robots, if you will. Sometimes they can be rather effective but really, the most fun is had with "human" competition.

JeremyX
11-13-2001, 10:54 PM
Thanks for educating this Xbox addict. :D

BloodBath
11-14-2001, 01:29 AM
UT's bots sucked ass, even on Godlike.. all bots suck ass..
Nothing beats human comp.

The only reason UT was cool with bots is cause you could rack up mad headshots..

kiz10
11-14-2001, 02:06 AM
Never realised there was no bots, until some guy told. Thats a real shame. Imagine playing Halo in the multiplayer level against the bots. It would be awesome wiht the amount of A.I involved.

Rancey
11-14-2001, 02:14 AM
Especially if it is a huge multiplayer map even if you got a couple players it could be more fun with a couple of bots just so you encounter action more.

J98GT
11-14-2001, 03:55 PM
So let me get this straight. To use the LAN mode, you have to have 2-4 Xboxes in one room and a corresponding number of TV's? Or does the screen split 16 times? Either way, its kind of impractical. Not that it wouldn't be cool, but I have a hard enough time getting a 4 player game of Pefect Dark together. Do you have to have 4 copies of the game, or do they all feed off the "master" system? No internet capability or simulants isn't cool given the description of the levels. I think they should have taken more of the aspects that made Perfect Dark and 007 so successful for N64. Lots of realistic guns and good levels for 2-4 players. How often is the average person going to use the 8-16 player mode?

l Maximus l
11-14-2001, 04:09 PM
J98GT...it's not that you *would*, but rather, you *could!!!*. In other words, I wouldn't drive a Lamborgini at 202 miles per hour...but, I could if I wanted to :D

But, seriously, if you like multiplayer and do not like split screens, you can eliminate this issue because of the LAN Link cables.

If you have two other buddies with you and you are playing Coop on Halo, for example, instead of having three screens on one TV, hook them up together and you will all get an entire TV each. So, yes, three TVs and three XBoxes...Imagine the possibilities with this!! This is tight!

J98GT
11-14-2001, 04:18 PM
I do like that feature. When I play Perfect Dark with my freinds, we usually split the signal to 2 or 3 TV's and tape off sections so you can only see your own guy. That would eliminate the need to do that. But still, I would think that this game would incoporate some kind of internet feature. Does anyone know how long the LAN cable is going to be?

J98GT
11-14-2001, 04:20 PM
My original point was that I hope the 2-4 player mode wasn't sacrificed too much for teh 4-16 player mode. I think the 2-4 multiplayer mode is the most important part of the game.

l Maximus l
11-14-2001, 04:51 PM
J98GT....the XBox System Link Cables (that is what they call the cables for LAN play) are 20 feet long.

X marks the BOX
11-14-2001, 09:56 PM
Hey, I'm not that stupid and i'm not a 4-year old illitrate youngin, but what are all these "bots" that you speak of? I'm kinda in the dark on this one. Someone please help a brotha out!?

Rancey
11-14-2001, 10:06 PM
Bots are computer players in multiplayer matches...ever play Quake3 or Unreal Tournament? They are bots you go against when you play the pc...

X marks the BOX
11-14-2001, 10:47 PM
thanks man. That was my original thought. Thanks for clarifying.