View Full Version : Deathrow - looking pretty good

kachingtensor
10-14-2002, 10:16 AM
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/mickurt/Images/deathrow_xbox_22.jpg
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/mickurt/Images/deathrow_xbox_21.jpg
http://www.gamerswave.com/DEATHROW_4.jpg
http://www.gamerswave.com/DEATHROW_5.jpg
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/mickurt/Images/deathrow_xbox_19.jpg
Pretty good visuals, good smack-talk, hopefully the gameplay (arena and managerial) will be good, too. I want it! :D

Woocifer
10-14-2002, 10:59 AM
IS that Boba-Fett? What the hell is this game about anyway.....

Nato King
10-14-2002, 11:42 AM
Hey Woocifer here is a little description on Deathrow.:) I always loved this game the first time I heard about it.

Description.
Deathrow pits two teams in a no-limits, no-honor, total-aggression arena battle – where only the hardest fists, the meanest moves, and the deadliest throws will get you victory. This could get ugly. Fast. Can you take the punishment?

RudedogX
10-14-2002, 11:43 AM
it's a futuristic game about some sort of arena ball sport totally invovling combat, kinda like rollerball (i think). Either way, this game is definetly showing promise!

EHWfedPres
10-14-2002, 02:38 PM
Itsa game where you play as one of 18 teams in one of 32 different arenas, tossing a disc into a goal to score, or severely injure every player on the other team so as to eliminate them and win that way...ive been waiting for a long time for this game. 9 more days only! Check your store shelves on the 23rd!

Stride
10-14-2002, 04:29 PM
Sounds pretty cool :) and looks pretty cool too :) Too bad I probably have to wait for like a year before I can play it. Ohh well look at it from the bright side, patience is considerd a firtue :)

davidx
10-14-2002, 05:32 PM
Why must you wait so long dude? Don't tell me you live in Canada...or we're both screwed!!

X

*firtue = virtue?

Stride
10-14-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by davidx
Why must you wait so long dude? Don't tell me you live in Canada...or we're both screwed!!

X

*firtue = virtue?

No amn I live in Holland. Compared to me you get your games early :D

smack119
10-18-2002, 05:15 PM
ive read that is supports up to 8 people. that better not just mean system link. it doesnt say it supports xbl. anyone know for sure?

EHWfedPres
10-19-2002, 01:13 PM
8 player system link.

http://deathrow.ubi.com

Are the netherlands in Canada, or are you just too lazy to glance to the left of your screen, davidx?

Dont worry, im that lazy too...:cool:

Highlite23
10-19-2002, 04:55 PM
Yep Deathrow is on the October "Get" list, along with Fatal Frame and Shenmue II.

Then comes November..........:eek:

EHWfedPres
10-19-2002, 05:24 PM
Deathrow IS my October "get list"...November has way too many awesome games coming out...

ONTHEBUS
10-21-2002, 10:58 AM
You are very luckky! Here in Spain the game will arrive in 29th of November ... its a long time to wait. Now Im playin Enclave and Im very addict with this game:D .

I had abandoned Turok Evolution by Enclave but I was in 8 level of Turok. How many leves are in TUrok?? :eek:

Thanks you.

Dirtball7
10-21-2002, 11:09 AM
IGN gives it a 9.3, if reviews maen anything to 'ya.

"Deathrow does something most games of this type can't manage -- it's its own sport. While Deathrow can be likened to other sports, there's no direct comparison. The varied arenas are great, the gameplay is challenging and the Conquest mode will have you playing Deathrow into the chilly winter. For a game that's gotten little press, this could be a sleeper hit. It's certainly a sleeper in terms of quality. My only hope is Deathrow does well enough to merit a sequel that uses Xbox Live. For a game that's probably meant to be a multiplayer smacktalk fest, I've found the Conquest mode to be far more interesting. I'm hooked and I won't stop playing for a long, long time.
What is Deathrow? Pure joy."

Presentation
Tons of teams, arenas, players, fighting moves, and curse words. Could have used some bigger end-game celebrations and fanfare, but solid overall. 9.0
Graphics
Great lighting and amazing textures blend with fluid animations and some smrt arena designs. 8.0
Sound
Great use of 5.1 and of course, all those swear words. Broken bones, the F-word, and customizable soundtracks. Yum! 9.0
Gameplay
Easy controls and subtle depth that will have you playing and learning for weeks and even months. If only there was online play. 9.0
Lasting Appeal
A ton to unlock. Just the single-player alone will take a serious chunk of hours. Throw in a solid multiplayer experience and this game may never end. 10.0
OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 9.3
Click Here for Ratings Guide

EHWfedPres
10-21-2002, 07:12 PM
the entire ign review with a few pics and all is in the general discussion forum. :)

meda1ni
10-21-2002, 09:03 PM
Nice:)

EHWfedPres
10-22-2002, 11:44 AM
toooooooommoorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooowWww!

DZNUTZ
10-22-2002, 01:42 PM
hey meda1ni, u from sunnyvale, CA. in the bayarea?
i'm originally from san jose...and have lived in sunnyvale as well a couple times.

EHWfedPres
10-22-2002, 01:54 PM
Dznuts, your from the bay area? Or there right now, so you must know about such bands like Testament, Exodus, etc?

DZNUTZ
10-22-2002, 02:00 PM
yup ..heard of em.
in fact i think i used to know one of the guys from exodus...is he from around santa clara?
i could be wrong...but i belive he hung out in the same are i did when i was young...(he was older) ..this was aobut 10 years ago or more...before the got popular..

EHWfedPres
10-22-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
yup ..heard of em.
in fact i think i used to know one of the guys from exodus...is he from around santa clara?
i could be wrong...but i belive he hung out in the same are i did when i was young...(he was older) ..this was aobut 10 years ago or more...before the got popular..

was it Paul Balloff that you knew? he was the original singer, but died recently...cancer i believe. Testament's singer also had cancer of the throat, but they got that pretty much cleared up.
It realy sucks that Paul died, and I dont mean anything against Paul, but I did prefer Steve Souza as a singer...he was with Testament and Exodus...