PDA

View Full Version : Problem in NFL 2k3...

wweomaniac
10-14-2002, 11:27 AM
OK...

here's the problem..

Why is it that sometimes I can't pass it to certain receivers. Even when I mash down (let's say) the B button... it won't pass to the B player. I see that B is totally open, but my QB keeps on doing pump fakes but cant pass.

I'm still in the pocket... my finger isn't on the right trigger... I picked a passing play. And it always seems to happen when the player is totally open. What's going on?

Has this happened to anyone? Why is it happening?

Halo Evolved
10-14-2002, 01:26 PM
Maybe you need to hold the button for that receiver to bullet it to them. I have yet to have problems actually throwing the ball to my desired receiver......once in a while I will be under pressure and trying to throw it as I shake off a tackle but after that I can throw it to that receiver no problem.

I wonder if a receiver that runs routes poorly will not be able to have the ball passed to them or whatnot but I have yet to discover this since I rarely throw it to someone with a low rating because they drop the ball and generally suck.

Bakeman
10-14-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
OK...

here's the problem..

Why is it that sometimes I can't pass it to certain receivers. Even when I mash down (let's say) the B button... it won't pass to the B player. I see that B is totally open, but my QB keeps on doing pump fakes but cant pass.

I'm still in the pocket... my finger isn't on the right trigger... I picked a passing play. And it always seems to happen when the player is totally open. What's going on?

Has this happened to anyone? Why is it happening?

hmm nope, haven't hard a problem like that..

CrazyCougar
10-14-2002, 02:20 PM
I havent experienced a problem like that at all either. And I have played through 5 seasons and a lot of online play.

DZNUTZ
10-14-2002, 04:18 PM
it means your under intense pressure.
sometimes when your pocket collapses or theiris imenent danger of being sacked..the qb is quite hesitant to throw the ball.

wweomaniac
10-14-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
it means your under intense pressure.
sometimes when your pocket collapses or theiris imenent danger of being sacked..the qb is quite hesitant to throw the ball. u sure?

Xbox Owner
10-14-2002, 08:01 PM
I found that out yesterday. 9/10 times for me, it ment the WR was on the ground..so it's actually saving you from a incompletion/interception.

chili325
10-14-2002, 11:09 PM
I was wondering that too. and was talkin to someguy i was playing online and he informed me that if u double tap the button it pump fakes. That was my problem.

wweomaniac
10-15-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by chili325
I was wondering that too. and was talkin to someguy i was playing online and he informed me that if u double tap the button it pump fakes. That was my problem. double tap isn't pump fake. Pump fake is the white button. Double tapping still passes.

I found that out yesterday. 9/10 times for me, it ment the WR was on the ground..so it's actually saving you from a incompletion/interception.my WR was still running his route when i couldn't pass to him.

KingAvi2k3
10-15-2002, 07:31 PM
Yes, pump fake is the white button, but if you tap A,B,X,L or Y the result will pump fake to that receiver button you tap it to. Basically, you can pump fake with any button you choose.

ShaqPack!
10-16-2002, 04:30 PM
That kept on hapenning to me the first time I played the game. I think you have to stand still before passing or the ball will not leave the qb's hand.

DZNUTZ
10-17-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by ShaqPack!
That kept on hapenning to me the first time I played the game. I think you have to stand still before passing or the ball will not leave the qb's hand.

not tru!

u can pass while on the move...not scrambling tho (right trigger)

if u tap any passing icon lightly it will pump fake...or u can use the white button.

if u can't throw...usually its because your under intense defensive pressure.

trust me guys. i know this.

UltimateAg
10-17-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ

if u can't throw...usually its because your under intense defensive pressure.

trust me guys. i know this.

DZ hasn't had that many guys on him at once since his coming out party.

You left yourself wide open for that one.:) hehe

DZNUTZ
10-18-2002, 12:13 PM
just wait till i see ya online foo.
your lucky our ships keep on passing in da middle of the night.
i'm gonna introduce u to a serious ash whoopin.