PDA

View Full Version : Proof the OXM disc could be better.

Dyslexic Chaos
10-14-2002, 12:18 PM
OK, i used to think that people were being a little hard on OXM and stuff about there discs and that they are trying their hardest, but then I looked at my new OPM disc and was blown away!!! Demos of Wild Arms 3, Sly Cooper, Silent Scope 3, DDRMAX Dance Dance Dance Revolution, Dual Hearts, MX Superfly, Red Faction 2, Dr. Muto, and Hitman 2!!! ALMOST ALL OF THOSE GAMES (at the time of the mags release) are unreleased!!!! God, how many of those in 12 discs has OXM had, 1 I think? I mean, if the OPM disc got Hitman 2 and Dr. Muto demos, why coudn't OXM? Like, it cant be THAT hard to get demos. All they should have to do is "hey, can we get a prelease verion of your game so that more people will play it on our disc and maybe buy it because of the demo?

Hell, I havent even gotten to the videos of Ratchet and Clank, Contra: Shattered soldier, .hack, Tony Hawk 4, Tomb Raider: angel of darkness, Lara Croft interview, A tour of Tommy Tallaricos (my hero) house, and NCAA GameBreaker 2003 videos. Yes, OXM has videos too, but on OPMs discs, they don't just show footage, they actually TALK about the game on it and give us some info on some features etc. They also have alot of behind the scenes footage that shows us what went into making a game. Oh, and I cant possible forget the memory card downloads and the cool tricks section that shows us how to beat hard parts of a game!!! And there is usually a hidden video or demo in the disc that you learn how to access from the next disc. Now thats what I call getting your moneys worth!!! If you STILL think OXM is doing they're best, think again. Even if they cant get good demos, they could at least do to cool tricks thing(top 10 plays dont count, they dont show you how to do it, you cant choose 1 at a time, and they usually suck ie: OMFG, he caught the ball in a football game, WOW!!! or the game save downloads, and it cant be that hard to get alot of interviews (another thing that OPM discs have) since every website seems to be able to get many, so why cant an OFFICIAL magazine disc? Well, I hope everyone enjoyed my lengthy rant :).

Nato King
10-14-2002, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the F.Y.I (For Your Information). There might be some hope for OXM after all. I was just thinking should I stay with OXM or go with a different Magazine. But know that you posted this I am going to stay.:)

Brevity
10-14-2002, 02:45 PM
OXM does everything half-ass, they had a great idea with the mag and disc but F-ed it up by making the mag so freaken short and the disc works half the time and most of that time it does not matter b/c you had the same demo's the time B4, I so wish there was another Xbox mag out there giving Demo's I would switch like today. And since Canada has a Demo of Splintercell we sure the hell better have one on this months OXM.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

laughs
10-14-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
OXM does everything half-ass, they had a great idea with the mag and disc but F-ed it up by making the mag so freaken short and the disc works half the time and most of that time it does not matter b/c you had the same demo's the time B4, I so wish there was another Xbox mag out there giving Demo's I would switch like today. And since Canada has a Demo of Splintercell we sure the hell better have one on this months OXM.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You damn right!!! Half-ass is definitly what OXM means to me.
They should change the name to HAM(half ass magazine)

symposiumx
10-14-2002, 05:04 PM
yeah...I think the editor pretty boy dude is too busy trimming his soul patch and frosting the ends of his hair, to get his team in line.

on a serious note. It just feels like OXM is taking the fact that they are the only Official Xbox Mag for granted. I mean, COME ON!! you are representing the #1 game console, so act like it. The average Xbox gamer is a smart game player, advanced and cunning (ok..so I'm tootin' all our horns here), they expect a magazine that not only rivals other console mags, but crushes them - much like the XBOX itself does.

To summize....get your butts working and just do what we all know can be done. you have been practically handed a sure thing (representing the XBOX), so just act like it!!

Dyslexic Chaos
10-21-2002, 11:25 PM
BUMP thanx. I think i needed to clarify to Serg that the disc that was so great I was talking about is the new OPM disc, not OXM. its the PS2/s demo disc, and I'm sure that every1 here agrees with me when I say that I'd rather have that 1 OPM disc than all the OXM discs combined. But, I think that it should definatly be the other way around, with the OXM disc have 4 times the space on the disc and all, they should blow OPM away, but ALAS, they do everything Half Ass. Hey, that last part almost rhymed...

xboxmaster2002
10-21-2002, 11:35 PM
yeah that OPM disc was great... and red faction is amazing so is sly cooper im not re subscribing to OXM until they have a lot of content and content that isnt from the previous disc i mean look at the playstation disc it has a lot of great unreleased demos and has downloadable content from the disc... maybe OXM should feature a few songs that are good right now and let you be able to save them yo your HD that would be cool i think they should have a poll every month asking what people would like to see on a demo disc and use the top 5-10 atleast

Dyslexic Chaos
10-22-2002, 05:47 PM
I dont know about the popular songs being downloadable. Maybe if they made the song or something, like that top ten plays song. I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING PERFECT. Wouldn't it be cool if they could update your dashboard? SWEET. Maybe have a new game theme every month. like 1 month it would be a Halo theme, maybe the next month a morrowind or hitman 2 etc. C'mon, its the Xbox, how hard could it be to make a kick ass disc that ne1 would pay 30$ for, and not 1 most people woudn't even pay 10$ for.

Sodge
10-22-2002, 05:56 PM
That'd be sweet. I'm heavily considering an Xbox as an option (or even alternative to my GameCube). It seem like if I do I'm going to have to find a good mag that has demo disks (I'm sure that there's no OXM in Canada ;)).

bballmaniac15
10-22-2002, 06:25 PM
there is oxm in canada, i buy them

:D :D :D :D

Sodge
10-22-2002, 08:41 PM
Okay...well, until I get an Xbox I don't have a need for OXM.

I just remembered something! If you have a subscription to PC Gamer (or just pick it up regularily) then you should know that it has Xbox section (more or less a mini-mag) and it has tips, codes, and even a demo disk! I'm not sure if that's still going but I suggest you check it out! :)

MixMasta
10-22-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Sodge
Okay...well, until I get an Xbox I don't have a need for OXM.

I just remembered something! If you have a subscription to PC Gamer (or just pick it up regularily) then you should know that it has Xbox section (more or less a mini-mag) and it has tips, codes, and even a demo disk! I'm not sure if that's still going but I suggest you check it out! :)

havent heard of this before, i jsut might check this out....

EHWfedPres
10-22-2002, 10:31 PM
OXM has no idea what the hell they are doing. Im STILL waiting for that Midtown Madness 3 preview that was promised about...5 issues back! By the time the Mortal Kombat one comes, it'll be a review and not a preview. Half the mag is just ads anyway...

addict733
10-23-2002, 06:44 PM
OXM has NO coverage at all. 3 regular gaming magazines came out before the latest oxm, and they all had at least 3 pages of halo. oxm comes out with......2 pages. 1 was all about the damn trailor. their news is out dated, and they put the same demos on the disc over and over...they suck!