PDA

View Full Version : XBox Utilities

aronx
11-13-2001, 11:47 AM
I can imagine a future for the XBox so soaked in discs that "clean" your hard drive. Utilities that "defragment" your hard drive. Along with a plethora of other crap microsoft will pawn on us so our XBoxs will run "efficiently". Does anyone else see this? I can imagine once the online thing gets rolling, there will be web browsers, anti-virsus stuff, email clients, streaming video players. All of this for a low low cost of your sanity. I guess my point is: even though I'm purchasing an XBox, I'm having a hard time giving my money to microsoft. Anyone else feel this way?

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 12:05 PM
Nah da

Hugh_Jass
11-13-2001, 12:50 PM
Microsoft is spending a lot of time trying to convince everyone that the XBox isn't just a repackaged PC. Selling antivirus, email, browsers, and other utilties does not accomplish that goal. I'm not saying it won't happen but it seems counterproductive at this point.

scarecrow kfj
11-13-2001, 01:22 PM
nope the only problem I am having is waiting two more days. Plus you need to buy stuff to maintance anything you buy.

mattcoxonline
11-13-2001, 03:07 PM
Nope, not at all.....

<a href="http://www.360net.com" onMouseover="window.location=this.href">http://www.360net.com/images/main/munchtop.jpg </a>

benz_300sl
11-13-2001, 04:06 PM
i doubt there will be...there typically arent many viruses on CONSOLE games...as a matter of fact i dont think there has ever been a virus on a console game...at least not to my knowlidge, .

But i wouldn tbe surprised at all if there is a Web thing, just like Dreamcast, but that would probably be free, just like DC dont you agree?

aronx
11-13-2001, 07:25 PM
Yeah, but consoles in the past did not have a HD to read and write to along with a file system that manages how pages are stored and retrieved. I'm not worried about it. I just think Microsoft may play up that angle so you feel compelled to buy the software to guard against it.

B.T.W - Maximus IS brainwashed....:)

scarecrow kfj
11-14-2001, 09:31 AM
aron. dont most virus come in through the internet? Well if you are so worried why connect? Dont you have to take care of your comp and protect that? What you dont think P2 will need anything when they are connected to the internet with there add on harddrive? you realy think somone is going to waste there time tryiong to take out video games?

aronx
11-14-2001, 11:00 AM
I think you missed the point scarecrow. I dont give a rats ass about PS2 cause I dont own one and dont plan on owning one. I also dont give a **** if a god-**** virus infects my XBox and it explodes. My point was, Microsoft may play that card and try to sell us software we dont really need (kinda like they do right now).