View Full Version : XBOX Pelican controller

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 12:54 PM
Does this look sweet or what?

http://www.pelicanacc.com/images/products/pl-2002.gif
$24.95

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 01:09 PM
At first, I had a smaller picture...now there is a bigger one...you can see it better now :)

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 01:14 PM
How does this picture do? hehe :p

http://www.geocities.com/stevie_guy9/xbox/Pelican_Xbox_Controllers.jpg

dd5
11-13-2001, 01:16 PM
if ti showed up lol

scarecrow kfj
11-13-2001, 01:33 PM
check this out. I just came back from the gaming store near my work...
I went in to see if the had a new game in to play on the box. yes DOA3 it was on but the controllers were unplugged bummer so i just watched. Well I wanted to look at the monster cables and maybe pick one up and maybe a controller. They had ms controllers out but that was it. So I asked the clerk " do you know when you will have some 3rd party accesiories for the xbox in?" he answerd "yes" and that was it so I asked " do you know when?" he said "we have them" so I asked " do you have them on display?" he said "yes" so I asked" where all i see are micrsofts" he said they had them to sell and picked up the phone and made a personal call. what a dumb @$$. I have still yet to see third party controllers up close.

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 01:39 PM
lol, Scarecrow...I haven't seen any 3rd party controllers for XBox in person either...but, I thought this one looked pretty tight...Apparently, it has rubber handles for more comfort...but, I am always a little skeptical about 3rd party controllers...this one not only looked good, but, it is about $15.00 less expensive. I plan on checking this one out live.

Oh yeah, sorry about the other picture...it is simply another picture of the same handle...but, A LOT bigger...it's a different picture overall, but, it shows the same controller...that's all :)

mojo__31
11-13-2001, 01:46 PM
Funcoland here has the Pelican ones and the Mad Catz.

Slider1981
11-13-2001, 02:16 PM
Try Best Buy, they have 3rd party controllers.

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 04:03 PM
I haven't seen this controller anywhere except inside a magazine that I bought from EB (and of course, Pelican's website where I got the original picture). Has anyone seen this controller live?

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 07:50 PM
*bump*

XBOX Dude
11-13-2001, 07:56 PM
hey maximus did i see you on diablo 2 yesterday or was it another maximus

Pimpn419
11-13-2001, 08:02 PM
yo max... that's the controller I was talking about awhile back. Remember? I described It and nobody seemed to know what I was talking about! Where did you find this pic?

-Matt

darianX
11-14-2001, 12:26 AM
Saw the Pelican one tonite at Funcoland for sale. They also have 3rd party advanced AV cables, the one that has s-video not the HDTV. The cable was 9.99.

WynnFire
11-14-2001, 12:45 AM
Looks pretty darn close to Microsoft's controller. Does it have the same break away cable Microsoft's has?? Do you know?

scarecrow kfj
11-14-2001, 10:11 AM
yeah I was wondering that too. do the third party controllers have breakawya cords.

l Maximus l
11-14-2001, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by XBOX Dude
hey maximus did i see you on diablo 2 yesterday or was it another maximus

It must have been another Maximus. I compliment him on his name, though :D

l Maximus l
11-14-2001, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Pimpn419
yo max... that's the controller I was talking about awhile back. Remember? I described It and nobody seemed to know what I was talking about! Where did you find this pic?

-Matt

Yeah! I remember, Pimpn! I remember you told me about it and I saw a picture of it in an XBox magazine and I discovered it was made by Pelican...so, I just went to Google.com and typed in "Pelican XBOX" and this site came up with the picture :p You're right! This controller looks tight!

l Maximus l
11-14-2001, 12:18 PM
I'm not sure if this has break away cords or not...I wouldn't be surprised if it did since that it is Microsoft certified. I was reading that this is an important saftey feature on the normal controller...you would have to see it in person to make sure or you can check out Pelican's website...I think it's www.pelicanacc.com (basically like Pelican Accessories)...It might say on their website. If you can't find it, do what I did and go to www.google.com and then type in "XBOX Pelican" and the site should pop up.