PDA

View Full Version : What is, or will be, the greatest launch ever?

Slider1981
11-13-2001, 01:00 PM
What will be or has been the greatest launch. Dont vote as a fanboy, be honest.

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 01:08 PM
XBox all the way. Why? Because it is the most powerful system and has an amazing line up of games....atleast 20 games at launch are available. Also, Microsoft has done an exceptional job telling the public that it has over 200 3rd party companies making games for the XBox which include the greatness of Sega :D

xboxlover
11-13-2001, 01:16 PM
I like the way the xbox has gone about its launch with its supple adverts.

scarecrow kfj
11-13-2001, 01:37 PM
XBOX; Its offcial launch is in time square and all the bilboards will be showing xbox colors and games and dif things on the xbox. what other system did that?

Slider1981
11-13-2001, 02:13 PM
I think the xbox has A LOT of quality games. I makes me mad though, cause i dont know what games to get!

aronx
11-13-2001, 02:36 PM
You know Maximus, I'm begining to believe your an employee of Microsoft? Could you be more brainwashed...;)

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 03:12 PM
No, I'm not an employee of Microsoft. Though, I feel priveleged to live near it...Since I do, I have a friend that works there and they can purchase XBOX games for $10-15 each :p

darianX
11-13-2001, 03:36 PM
Hey Maximum, think you can mail a few to me?? :D At that price you could own all launch titles for $200...whew

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 03:49 PM
lol...

Hey, I would like to add another point why the XBox launch is the greatest. Just one word: Halo.

Even anti-XBox people, namely PS2 and Cubie fanboys, say that Halo is a bad ass title! What other console has ever had a title just as big, if not bigger, than the hype about a console? Think about it for a moment... :D

Slider1981
11-13-2001, 04:19 PM
Good points Maximus

Dasutin
11-13-2001, 04:40 PM
i'm a fan of all three and halo doesn't really look that good to me... by the way i couldn't vote because none have really had good lauches that i know of... i'm kinda young.... so... and i can't tell the future... so... but i know that xbox probally won't have as good as launch as you think it will... more of a hype than a launch, good launches are based around the quality of games, not green lights at time square. i've noticed a lot of things flashing the xbox colors, mtv, tnn, taco ball, the list goes on. how much money do you think these companies get for advertising xbox? a lot more than what its worth. xbox may have a hard drive, that is uneccesary, to me anyway, i don't mind loading times, i'd rather longer loading times... time to go to the bathroom, get a drink, not quite enough time for a sandwhich, unless you're playing genises... what the hell am i talking about, i forgot the subject... oh well, i think i made a good point.... if anyone even reads this...

Frostberg
11-13-2001, 09:12 PM
I think the greatest launch so far would have to be either the original PSX or the DC. I LOVED the fact that I got to get a DC the day after it came out. But the sad part was that even though it was the best at the time, a year later the PS2 just owned them and now sega wont make any more consoles so their future should just be arcades (I love gameworks!) and games for other consoles. As for the Xbox, and why I voted it the best is because of the Hype it has received and because it is Microsofts first try and It wont be their last. But I think the first release by a company always seems to be the best. I still own an original NES and still love it because of the simple graphics, but the gameplay was so good it just hooks me. I also had an original PSX until the silly thing's CD spinner motor died. But it still was a great system, and almost 7 years after its release, games are still being made for it. But prolly not for long!

Frostberg
11-13-2001, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Dasutin
[Bxbox may have a hard drive, that is uneccesary, to me anyway, i don't mind loading times, i'd rather longer loading times... time to go to the bathroom, get a drink, not quite enough time for a sandwhich, unless you're playing genises... [/B]

Well I think you are just used to loading times. I think that it has an HD wor wonderful reasons. It may be becoming more PC like, but thats what makes XBox great. If you play any graphic intensive game on your PC, you would know it is best to full install for cinematics and stuff. The only thing I can think off the top of my head is what I think is the best game I have ever played, even though it wasnt on the PC, and thats Metal Gear Solid. This wasnt the longest of games when you Compare it to games like the Final Fantasy series, but I really hated going from "playing game->loading->cinematic->loading->playing game some more" and then every now and then when you go through a door it has to load the next area. With the HD you can just store this stuff on the HD, and basically you may have pauses,but they are very brief. This would benefit an RPGer or storyline FPS like halo the most. If you think about it, every game can run better with a HD...DoA3 is a great example to load the whole area and you can seamlessly move from a building, to falling on the streets.

Dasutin
11-14-2001, 07:49 PM