PDA

View Full Version : home theater help

AmpedRider
10-15-2002, 01:03 PM
errg I HAVE COMPONENT CABLES GOING INTO MY DVD FROM THE COMPONENT JACKS IN MY TV R G B . I was wondering if having composite cables going from my tv to dvd would help improve the picture quality. I mean will having both cables help the picture any

netranger6
10-15-2002, 01:23 PM
No, you already have components coming out of your DVD and into your TV? Are you sure it's not composite, or plain rca? If the later is true, then yes, component would be the best so run out and get some.

AmpedRider
10-15-2002, 02:39 PM
BUMP lynfx help here

Zion
10-15-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Monky
i have component cables running to my dvd player do i need regular cables running into the dvd also for better picture?

Like Monky said, you probably don't have component right now..you have composite. Composite is the red/white/yellow RCA cables and offers the worst available picture and sound quality (other than RF of course).

Component is a huge step up, especially if you have HDTV. Component splits the red, green, and blue into seperate signals therefore giving you the best possible picture quality.

If you get the component video cables, you'll also need a cable for audio hookup..hopefully you have provisions for using a coax or toslink optical digital cable for audio. The componet video/digital audio will give you the best possible sound and picture.

netranger6
10-15-2002, 03:27 PM
Bump these nuts you freak. Your own thread makes no sense, so why should my advice have been any clearer?

netranger6
10-15-2002, 03:29 PM
You will not need an optical cable, that's optional. Composite cables will suffice for your sound unless you are decoding DD5.1, then optical yes.

MerimacHamwich
10-15-2002, 03:52 PM
From what I read it sounded like you put your Composite cables into the input on your dvd player. That doesn't make much sense, try putting them from the output on your dvd player into the input on your tv. If you do not have composite inputs on your tv then you cannot use composite cables. Also make sure they are indeed composite and not regular RCA cables like Zion said. If you are trying to get composite video from your xbox you will need to purchase a HDTV pack and hook the cables from your hdtv pack which is plugged into your xbox into the tv.

AmpedRider
10-15-2002, 05:56 PM
errg I HAVE COMPONENT CABLES GOING INTO MY DVD FROM THE COMPONENT JACKS IN MY TV R G B . I was wondering if having composite cables going from my tv to dvd would help improve the picture quality. I mean will having both cables help the picture any

AmpedRider
10-15-2002, 05:57 PM
sorry first post made no sense lol

BCan
10-15-2002, 06:50 PM
From what I read of it, you already use seperate cables for the seperate RGB channels, so there is no need to use the composite source.........

Anyway, what is best, the Component or S-Video? About to get a new amp and DVD player that allows for both of these......

Zion
10-15-2002, 07:27 PM

Okay, so you DO have component cables. You don't need the composite video line, that's what the 3 RGB cables are for. You will need an audio cable though.

netranger6
10-15-2002, 08:07 PM
Component video is the best, S-Video is second best, composite third best.

Hugh_Jass
10-15-2002, 11:49 PM

No.

AmpedRider
10-16-2002, 08:34 AM
thank u hugh ur the only one who helped me =)