PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: The Video Game

Nat
10-15-2002, 06:13 PM
Hey, I don't know if any of you are interested in Transformers, but this is console related, so I thought I'd post. Takara is planning on releasing a game based solely on Generaion 1, most likely for PS2, but there's a good chance for release on the Xbox and the 'Cube as it is coming to North America. I thought the game looked really cool as I am a huge Transformers junkie.
Aayway, here are the pictures:

http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=652&mode=flat

Any thoughts?

carlbme
10-15-2002, 06:29 PM
Very cool, you notice the poll on the right that asked which one it should end up on?

I voted for the Xbox, naturally.

AmpedRider
10-15-2002, 07:02 PM
hmm nice find

Nat
10-15-2002, 07:56 PM
hmm nice find

I thought so. There are a couple more pictures on other collector sites. I wonder why game sites haven't been reporting this?

http://americandreamcomics.com/index.php?itemid=561

Fatal-Error
10-15-2002, 09:41 PM
It is soooooooo mine. I love he cartoon when I was young.

Knight
10-16-2002, 12:01 PM
Looks like it's based on around the Movie time!!
You got Optimus Prime, Megatron, Jazz, Wheeljack and Galvatron plus this Prime:

http://66.221.124.161/g/albums/Transformers/Video%20Games/tf_tgs035.jpg

CrazyCougar
10-16-2002, 12:05 PM
Oh man! Flashback! This game would be so awesome on the Xbox! But if its on PS2 only I'll get it there too. Wheeljack was too kewl! But then again there were a lot of kewl transformers. What was the one jets name? StarScream or something like that?

Knight
10-16-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar
Oh man! Flashback! This game would be so awesome on the Xbox! But if its on PS2 only I'll get it there too. Wheeljack was too kewl! But then again there were a lot of kewl transformers. What was the one jets name? StarScream or something like that?

Yes one of them was named StarScream!!

CrazyCougar
10-16-2002, 01:09 PM
Oh man now I am too excited for this game, GAWD I hope its on Xbox!

Whoopage
10-16-2002, 01:28 PM
thats awesome....great find....

i've always been a huge fan of Transformers....:)

MerimacHamwich
10-16-2002, 01:39 PM
I don't think any other platform than pc or xbox would do it justice. Maybe, by the slightest chance in the universe, GameCube could, but no.

Nat
10-16-2002, 01:59 PM
It really surprised me to see the game takes place around the movie. As to my knowledge, the movie era did not go over very well with a majority of TransFans. I don't know why, but I have a feeling that it will be multiplatform. At very least, I should think it would get released on Xbox.

Bundy
10-16-2002, 02:06 PM
Man this would rule. It better come to xbox.

I loved the movie, although optimus prime dying did a number on me as a kid. I have the movie on dvd.

I need this game.

ChiZel_MunKee
10-16-2002, 02:07 PM
I bet I watched the movie a hundred times as a kid. This would be an awesome addition to the XBox games.

Leviathon
10-16-2002, 03:36 PM
Not only do they need to make Transformers (which this game could totally rich) but they also need to do VOLTRON and GI Joe.

Think about Voltron and being able to link up online with 4 other guys and each being a seperate lion and them coming together to form Voltron.

Or in GI Joe, you could be one of many characters with different attributes and abilities and skills. You could play this on XBL and take on Cobra Clans and possibly other Joe Clans

::starts to drool::
::Boss knocks me upside my skull to wake me up::

Nat
10-16-2002, 04:57 PM
Not only do they need to make Transformers (which this game could totally rich) but they also need to do VOLTRON and GI Joe.

That....is an AMAZING idea.

CrazyCougar
10-16-2002, 05:12 PM
The movie didnt go over well cause they "killed" Optimus Prime!!! LOL! Glad he came back stronger than ever though. I remember those afternoons after school, Transformers and ongoing saga of G.I.Joe.....Lady J oh my my!! LOL!

GokuX
10-17-2002, 12:15 AM
Hmmm another cursed franchise..........remember the Beast Wars game?

Variation-XBA
10-17-2002, 12:27 AM
Yea, im hoping it doesnt turn into a horrid fighting game or something...:confused:

Reclaimer
10-17-2002, 02:38 AM
I was a little Reclaimer when the Trans Movie came out. Oh man, I remember very clearly when Optimus died, tears where streaming down my face. I slept that night with my Optimus Prime toy. It was recently I caught the movie on TV, saw that same scene and got choked up......:(

Er.. Umm.
Anyway,
Oh yeah, that would be fantastic. A transformer game and a G.I. Joe game. Man I wish that would happen .

Kraft
10-17-2002, 11:13 AM
Yay! When I saw the transformers game thing I figured it would be one of the 50 other transformers series that the original spawned off... but it is the original which is cool as... I don't know, something really cool.

Fatal-Error
10-17-2002, 02:50 PM
Damn Im gonna go watch season 1 one of the transformers.

It's giving me a lot of flashbacks LOL.